Closed Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Lifelong southerner here and the habit of adding an extra syllable is foreign to me. If I caught one of my kids speaking like that they would get an immediate lesson in elocution.

I don't think it's a southern thing. I think it's a trying to be dramatic thing.
    NEPASue and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I think it's just a thing she does when she talks, and I personally don't find it that annoying. As long as she speaks kindly I don't care how she pronounces words! I'm thinking of our oh-so-lovely winner of Ben's season. She could speak well but the words coming out of her mouth were ugly!
    JavaJo and Mikesgirl83 like this.

Ah shoot does that mean I have to fix my little speech ditties. I like to say ya'll and youens......lol
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Ilja: My daughter is a young attorney, and I catch her doing it all the time with the word No, she prounounces it Noah. I brought it to her attention and she was horrified that she does that. Just silly I know, though it still doesn't sound right on an adult.
    I live in Northeast PA. The locals pronounce some words strangely, and it is both adults & kids. For example, the word "mine" is pronounced "mi-yin". I know sometimes with kids adding extra syllables to words (and I have done it myself), it is usually in the form of a whine, like "why-ee?" or "come onnn-na".
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Ah shoot does that mean I have to fix my little speech ditties. I like to say ya'll and youens......lol
    LOL, no don't do that nennie! See, y'all is actually efficient because it's eliminating a syllable (y'all instead of you all). But, y'all-ah is inefficient because it adds a syllable.

It actually reminds me a lot of teenager texting-speak, adding lines of extra letters at the end of words for cutesy dramatic effect.
    nennie likes this.

Okay I have to pay more attention.Or maybe we shouldn't talk during the show . I love seeing y'all. I would love to post it( as I have seen others do)

It just doesn't seem right when I do it, y'all know that right
    nennie, Alexxxx and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Was there ever a time when this played more than once a week? I feel like I am waiting forever between episodes.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Was there ever a time when this played more than once a week? I feel like I am waiting forever between episodes.
    Maybe that's why I love to rewatch it on Comcast's On Demand. Though they don't always make them available on time, I do enjoy re-watching them when I can. That's also why I love reading y'alluus posts, so I can catch on the repeat what I missed the first time. I can't believe I missed all those cats.

Now excluding the southern dialect, I do get tired of hearing Emily say, no pressure.

Speaking of southern dialects, they are really country where my sister lives in East TN. I almost feel downright high-falootin when I visit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Lifelong southerner here and the habit of adding an extra syllable is foreign to me. If I caught one of my kids speaking like that they would get an immediate lesson in elocution.

I don't think it's a southern thing. I think it's a trying to be dramatic thing.
    Southerners being overly dramatic? No, never!
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Southerners being overly dramatic? No, never!
    LOL, Southerners also drink something called sweet tea (not me, I can't stand that syrupy mess!), BBQ almost anything that moves, and 'bless your heart' a lot.

But I refuse to take credit for hello-uh.

Closed Thread