Closed Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Oh, wow...just caught up on Hulu. Best quotes/moments:
    "Swallow it!" And scene of Emily spitting out the oyster.

Really...19 pages and no mention of this?!
    I KNOW! Total elephant in the room. It was all I could think about when I heard him issue that command, but I didn't want to be the only one mentioning it.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 06-22-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Yep, nothing to do with Croatia at all....really dumb move on production side, since sooo many of us couldn't figure out the connection. Took me most of the 2 hours it was on to figure it out and I had FF thru most of the movie stuff. Good thing I always have my IPad near me. I am forever "Google-ing" stuff I want to know when watching shows.
    Although strange, I really thought the guys looked fabulous in those outfits: tanks, kilts, etc. Somehow even with a "skirt" on, it's all balanced out with the rest looking very masculine.
    Sure worked for me!
    I'm not all that fond of Doug, The Ardent and Dedicated Father, but when he was competing with the other guy, I thought his bicep would grow to the size of a giant pumpkin. I had no idea he was so muscle-y but they all looked good. I guess I didn't realize that young men are expected to be pretty darn buff nowadays.
    Tell me about it. I had no idea that kilts were so sexy. I was wanting a still shot so I could see how each of them looked. And I too had no clue Doug had such a buff bod. All this time I've been wondering why he was kept around so long.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I KNOW! Total elephant in the room. It was all I could think about when I heard him issue that command, but I didn't want to be the only one mentioning it.
    spit coffee.gif While I heard that comment, that went right over my head until your post.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-22-2012 at 11:19 AM.

I never saw that as a command.I read it on here, and watched it again. I don't say much in defense of Ryan, but it really wasn't a command imho .She had the oyster in her mouth, looking like she was going to hurl, and he said swallow it.I know when I first had an oyster from the shell, I gagged!, and someone said swallow it to me. ( and I did)

Ryan is the only one that sort of challenged Emily in some ways, the others are in awe of her beauty blah blah blah.They keep their remarks very civil, and one of them has said all the right things from day on.

I forget how Ryan said it, but when he said , if your not sure about us, why would you not give us a chance, she didn't have a clue how to answer him

He is more her type, than the ones remaining imho. Have you seen the big bad boy football player she dated?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think she was more 'sure' than she let on to him that it wasn't going to go anywhere between them. He displayed moments of breathtaking arrogance and condensation during the very short moments he had with her. If that's how he behaves when you've only got a little bit of time together, how would it be for an entire day? Yikes. I really don't think he's her type at all, and I think she knew that.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think she was more 'sure' than she let on to him that it wasn't going to go anywhere between them. He displayed moments of breathtaking arrogance and condensation during the very short moments he had with her. If that's how he behaves when you've only got a little bit of time together, how would it be for an entire day? Yikes. I really don't think he's her type at all, and I think she knew that.
    I don't think either of us will ever know They had way way more time and conversations than we saw. He would have got the heave ho from me, when he remarked about getting fat. She kept him, I still think she liked him.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think either of us will ever know They had way way more time and conversations than we saw. He would have got the heave ho from me, when he remarked about getting fat. She kept him, I still think she liked him.
    I would have heaved him too, right there in front of everyone in the park! He deserved it for that gem.

She probably liked aspects of him but I really believe keeping him this long was more the producer's idea than hers. I believe Emily had his number from the fat comment/ let me finish scenes.

I would have heaved him too, right there in front of everyone in the park! He deserved it for that gem.

She probably liked aspects of him but I really believe keeping him this long was more the producer's idea than hers. I believe Emily had his number from the fat comment/ let me finish scenes.

I dont think she can act that well.We know there are candid moments on this show( although they are few) and I think she second guessed herself not giving him a rose. I saw that. and then she said it

If it doesn't pan out between her and her F1.Hmm who knows

I cant remember the let me finish comments. I thought that was Kalon
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I have posted a You Tube link to raw footage behind the scenes of Premiere night at the bottom of the Rundown Thread, Episode 1.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

They show the preview clip of Emily questioning why Arie wouldn't tell her. But I'm really bugged by the fact that Emily ISN'T questioning her friend who dated Arie... To me, a friend hiding that she dated/hooked up with Arie is much more grevious than a guy hiding it.

Does Emily, the supposedly strong and decisive Emily, still consider Cassie a friend?

The entire thing was a set-up. The show wanted to create this drama for years, with any Bachelorette, and finally booked the guy this season. So Emily became the random victim of the long-planned setup. Why the heck isn't she peeved at the producers instead of Arie? They knowingly intentionally played her, for ratings, yet she gripes about the guy instead.
    Yup...all set up by the producers for drama. Apparently they had wanted Arie for the show for years. And as to the reason she is still friends with Cassie...my guess is because she is a producer and can be helpful with the future career in the business for Emily.
    fireflyer likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Ok ... this technically has nothing to do with Emily's season of the Bette, but I was reading on another site how Cheryl Burke of DWTS want to be the next Bette. I know they wanted Maks from the show to be the Bachelor a few years ago and he went and did the Ukranian version instead...broke my heart! But, could this be a feeler to see if there would be interest for her as the Bette? DWTS and Bachelor/ette have had many links in the past and even if she has not been on the Bachelor, many people know her from DWTS. So far the survey results are 70% pro.
    jucamer likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread