Closed Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Thanks for all the historical facts and descriptions, Midol. Too bad they couldn't give us any of that on the show, and instead did a bizarre Highland games feature in Croatia. Even just the part about the road .... why not pan out and show us what that road actually looked like, with the dropoff you mentioned? So, what's next? They're going to Prague. Are they going to have the guys dress up in grass skirts and coconut bras and have a hula contest?
    NEPASue and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Definately not a lot of Scots living in Croatia. It was a part of what used be Yugoslavia until the 1990"s when civil war broke out and the various factions split into different countries...Croatia (most of it consisting of the Dalmatian part along the coast, has a very Italian look to much of the coast. It is mostly Catholic and uses the Roman alphabet.), Serbia (much more in the interior and more Russian in feel, right down to being mostly Orthodox and using the Russian alphabet), Slovenia (more of an Austrian type feel right down to the Lipizaner horses), Bosnia (the hardest hit during the war because they had Croats, Serbs and Muslims), Macedonia and Montenegro (the last to split from the Serbs have more Greek and Albanian influences). One of the main reasons the US got involved in helping to stop the war was when the Serbs started shelling Dubrovnik and planes were sent to bomb Belgrade, the Serbian capital. Dubrovnik is a UNESCO designated world heritege site. One of the famous features were the roofs in the old city ... they were all made of the same clay tiles and had the same colour. Unfortunately, many were destroyed when the city was shelled and they don't all look the same anymore because the tiles are so hard to replace.

Even though Yugoslavia was not behind the Iron Curtain during the cold war...they were considered neutral...it was still not a country that was a popular travel destination until after the country broke up. Croatia is now becoming a much more popular destination since relative to many other parts of Europe things are relatively inexpensive and unspoiled and Dubrovnik in particular is becoming a stop for many of the cruise lines.

I just want to add for those people who were commenting on how slow Ryan was driving...until you have driven along the coast to get to Dubrovnik you have no idea how trecherous the roads are. We took a bus through the mountains and it is twisting, with a sheer drop down with no rails along most of it. People drive fast and pass on the curve and if you are not used to it, you just want to close your eyes and pray. If anyone ever goes...take the boat to get there...much better on the nerves.
    When they go to these places, I do wish we could hear just a little more about them, out of respect for that country.. and not act out some of the boring Disney movie ( sheesh) Of course its more important that the kissing, I mean the journey continue on as it has. Thank you for the information Midol
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Thanks for all the historical facts and descriptions, Midol. Too bad they couldn't give us any of that on the show, and instead did a bizarre Highland games feature in Croatia. Even just the part about the road .... why not pan out and show us what that road actually looked like, with the dropoff you mentioned? So, what's next? They're going to Prague. Are they going to have the guys dress up in grass skirts and coconut bras and have a hula contest?
    Thanks AlwaysVeg, but if they showed the road, then it would make sense why Ryan was driving so slow and since we know that for whatever reason they wanted to mess with his edit, this was just another nail in his coffin so to speak.

I hope they don't have anymore of this kind of product placement which has nothing to do with where they are. This is one of the reasons that I watch the show...the locations that I may want to travel to and if I didn't actually know anything about Croatia, I would be so confused. It makes me wonder, what they messed up about other places they've featured?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Thanks AlwaysVeg, but if they showed the road, then it would make sense why Ryan was driving so slow and since we know that for whatever reason they wanted to mess with his edit, this was just another nail in his coffin so to speak.

I hope they don't have anymore of this kind of product placement which has nothing to do with where they are. This is one of the reasons that I watch the show...the locations that I may want to travel to and if I didn't actually know anything about Croatia, I would be so confused. It makes me wonder, what they messed up about other places they've featured?
    Well the UK wasn't messed up. I didn't see any pigeon poop around Trafalgar square though

Bermuda was filmed in the winter because that cave they ate in, is usually full of people. Plus stores are closed- they opened a few for them to browse in.

Is anyone from Prague???
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I would've thought they "owe" the hosting location at least some interesting information about the country or city to attract tourism in return for hotel rooms and use of other sites.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I would've thought they "owe" the hosting location at least some interesting information about the country or city to attract tourism in return for hotel rooms and use of other sites.
    I agree! I would have much rather watched them do something more traditional that occurs in Croatia, then have the show promote the movie Brave. Ugh.
    fireflyer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well the UK wasn't messed up. I didn't see any pigeon poop around Trafalgar square though

Bermuda was filmed in the winter because that cave they ate in, is usually full of people. Plus stores are closed- they opened a few for them to browse in.

Is anyone from Prague???
    My SIL lives there but I am ashamed to admit I watch this show so I won't be asking her for facts :p
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    My SIL lives there but I am ashamed to admit I watch this show so I won't be asking her for facts :p

Fess up TBA and ask her!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Okay give me her name, I will ask ! LOL
    sclilred1 and mesachick like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Finally got to watch this episode.
    I couldn't understand the kilts, games etc in Croatia until I realized that it was after they watched the movie "Brave," which was all about Scotland. Somewhere in little brains of TPTB, they thought it was fitting to just extend the commercial for "Brave" but most of us are used to them doing things that pertain to the country they are in so it was very confusing. Kilts and bagpipes in Croatia????????????
    Dumb move on their part. MHO I'm sure they would have preferred to be in Scotland, given the area in the film....for some reason, Scotland either didn't want them or they weren't given the money that a lot of countries and states give Hollywood filmmakers to film in their area. (this is really a true fact ---thousands and thousands of dollars are given to production companies to film in the state/some countries to promote their area to encourage travel)

Yes, Ryan is a perfect beautiful thing to behold if you like slimy weasels........I just don't get the appeal that other see in him. Arrogant, leg-shaving, arm-hair plucking a$$.

Yes, Sean is a perfect specimen in looks, personality and lots of things but I just don't see any chemistry between them and in the end, that's what counts.

As for the Producer/Arie/Emily situation: I think it's all scripted drama....I'd bet lots and lots of money that Arie and the producer were sworn to secrecy in their contracts just so this could happen. For all we know, Emily was part of it also....wouldn't surprise me.
    NEPASue likes this.

Closed Thread