Closed Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Of course Emily was not made aware of the producer/Arie link until it was beneficial for story line purposes.

The producers know pretty much everything about your life through their vigorous screening process. The skeevy thing about this situation is that Cassie L is Emily's confidante and best friend. Unlike a real best friend, she is by Emily's side almost 24 hours a day. I think she even stayed at Em's house while they were in Charlotte. So she knows who Emily likes/dislikes, insecurities, what she feels about the guys. Then on top of it, Cassie also knows a lot about Arie. In this little bubble she can "prod" Emily towards certain guys and away from others.

They have wanted Arie for a few years now and until now he has always said no. It was now to his benefit to come on this season because Cassie likely knew that Emily would like Arie and that she could get him far (if Emily liked him) and also groom him for the Bachelor if Em didn't choose him. *Jedi mind tricks*

Emily knows how this show works. Of course she was shocked and probably angry to find out that her "other half" dated a man she is currently lusting after. But then rationality kicks in and she is OK with it. This news may dampen her feelings for Arie or it may not, but it makes great television. Emily knows that, and can put it into perspective which is why she can still consider Cassie/Chris/Mike friends. There may be those feelings of how could you do this to me? but they all get over it. As long as people are watching and talking about it, that is what the producers want. It is the outcome and real life that Emily should only be concerned about.

If there is one thing that pissed me off about Emily and Brad's relationship was the fact that she couldn't help but feel jealous of what she saw on TV versus what she actually felt/experienced/lived while dating Brad. She couldn't let that go and it affected their relationship in real life. JP was a smart man and said he only watched his scenes with Ashley. I'd do the same thing, who wants to watch their bf/gf/fiance(e) make out with someone else?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

If there is one thing that pissed me off about Emily and Brad's relationship was the fact that she couldn't help but feel jealous of what she saw on TV versus what she actually felt/experienced/lived while dating Brad. She couldn't let that go and it affected their relationship in real life. JP was a smart man and said he only watched his scenes with Ashley. I'd do the same thing, who wants to watch their bf/gf/fiance(e) make out with someone else
    But JP didn't always see 'just' his scenes.Ashley had to go and soothe him, he was pretty upset at some parts of the season, and what she said/did.

Yes, Emily gave Brad heck for kissing all the other women, maybe now she has learned he was playing his part- much like she is doing now! I really don't like Brad, but he wasn't the only wrong in their relationship .I read Ricki misses him( or missed him ) .He got her a kitten, so the guy Em chooses had better not have allergies.:
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The background music sounded maybe middle eastern or Greek. Also, highland games in Croatia was jarring. I had hoped to learn more about Dubrovnik during the show.
    Midol likes this.

The Episode run down for Episode 6 is now posted in the Run Dow thread at the top of the forum.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yeah, why the Highland Games in Croatia? I was wondering if there are a lot of Scots living there, or if it was just as weird as it seemed. Or possibly, something else was planned, fell through, and this was a rather late addition to the plan? Probably not, since they were repeatedly mentioning the Disney/Pixar film. I wonder how much of that they actually watched. Maybe they caught up on their sleep.

Naw, it was planned. They were lucky to find a highland type meadow in Croatia, so the whole thing worked, except for the confusion. Yes, it was because of the pimping of the new Pixar film.
    fireflyer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh, wow...just caught up on Hulu. Best quotes/moments:

"He takes three hours to get ready. He shaves his legs and plucks his finger hairs."

"I'm a very safe driver." (Too close to "Rainman" for comfort...run, Emily, run!)

"Swallow it!" And scene of Emily spitting out the oyster.

Really...19 pages and no mention of this?! I guess my mental age is like Jef's appearance. ;-)

I LOVED Travis in this, understand if no connection but man, some girls should be looking for him back in Mississippi...and too bad Emily didn't see him with his shirt off! I did not expect the outcome and it is one of the reasons I am loving this season so much...I thought for sure she was going to send Doug and John home, not ask for an extra rose. However...that makes me think some preview scenes were spliced, because this last show didn't jive with some of that. I am not sure what to think about the Arie situation; hopefully, Emilhy understands that it is likely as producer-contrived as so many other things. I'm naive but not getting the player vibe like others and hope that it is not that. I was glad to see more of John finally; has anyone ever made it that far without really being seen? I just wanted to know who he was! I felt really bad for Doug...I think that it has not occurred to anyone on the show that at this point, he's been away from his boy for so long, where she had her daughter at least some of the time until this week. The only thing with him...despite his hand on her butt, etc., could she have been leaning any further away from him? It just seemed awkward.

Loved Sean in the Highland Games, he is my bravest, for sure!

And finally...thank-you, Midol, for giving so much info on Croatia. You saved me so much time trying to figure out the tie to the Scots (of which I am one), but also gave me a feel for the country!
    fireflyer likes this.

I guess they really need to sell advertising dollars to help balance the books this season.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But JP didn't always see 'just' his scenes.Ashley had to go and soothe him, he was pretty upset at some parts of the season, and what she said/did.

Yes, Emily gave Brad heck for kissing all the other women, maybe now she has learned he was playing his part- much like she is doing now! I really don't like Brad, but he wasn't the only wrong in their relationship .I read Ricki misses him( or missed him ) .He got her a kitten, so the guy Em chooses had better not have allergies.:
    Or be jealous of the cat.
    NEPASue likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Yeah, why the Highland Games in Croatia? I was wondering if there are a lot of Scots living there, or if it was just as weird as it seemed. Or possibly, something else was planned, fell through, and this was a rather late addition to the plan? Probably not, since they were repeatedly mentioning the Disney/Pixar film. I wonder how much of that they actually watched. Maybe they caught up on their sleep.
    Definately not a lot of Scots living in Croatia. It was a part of what used be Yugoslavia until the 1990"s when civil war broke out and the various factions split into different countries...Croatia (most of it consisting of the Dalmatian part along the coast, has a very Italian look to much of the coast. It is mostly Catholic and uses the Roman alphabet.), Serbia (much more in the interior and more Russian in feel, right down to being mostly Orthodox and using the Russian alphabet), Slovenia (more of an Austrian type feel right down to the Lipizaner horses), Bosnia (the hardest hit during the war because they had Croats, Serbs and Muslims), Macedonia and Montenegro (the last to split from the Serbs have more Greek and Albanian influences). One of the main reasons the US got involved in helping to stop the war was when the Serbs started shelling Dubrovnik and planes were sent to bomb Belgrade, the Serbian capital. Dubrovnik is a UNESCO designated world heritege site. One of the famous features were the roofs in the old city ... they were all made of the same clay tiles and had the same colour. Unfortunately, many were destroyed when the city was shelled and they don't all look the same anymore because the tiles are so hard to replace.

Even though Yugoslavia was not behind the Iron Curtain during the cold war...they were considered neutral...it was still not a country that was a popular travel destination until after the country broke up. Croatia is now becoming a much more popular destination since relative to many other parts of Europe things are relatively inexpensive and unspoiled and Dubrovnik in particular is becoming a stop for many of the cruise lines.

I just want to add for those people who were commenting on how slow Ryan was driving...until you have driven along the coast to get to Dubrovnik you have no idea how trecherous the roads are. We took a bus through the mountains and it is twisting, with a sheer drop down with no rails along most of it. People drive fast and pass on the curve and if you are not used to it, you just want to close your eyes and pray. If anyone ever goes...take the boat to get there...much better on the nerves.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread