Closed Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I am assuming that that was Cassie that they showed in the clip for next week. I have to say that Cassie does not look like I had imagined she would. I found her to be rather plain looking, and I had envisioned just the opposite. If she were my friend, I would be even more upset with her that SHE hadn't told me that she once dated Arie BEFORE he was even cast on the show. If she had been upfront, then it would have been Emily's call whether or not Arie was one of the bachelors. That is what real friends do. Cassie is not a true friend though.

Chris Harrison is not Emily's friend either. But, I hope that they will show the full unedited conversation between Arie and Emily so that we can hear if he says that he did not mention his past relationship with Cassie, because he had been reassured that Emily had been informed about it, and she had no problem with it. I say this because that it one of the theories that has been tossed around.

But, in my mind, this reeks of producer manipulation, so were all of them in on it, including Emily? Or did they need drama so badly that they set Emily up in order to get her raw emotional reaction - AFTER she had already formed some feelings for Arie? Or was Arie in on the whole setup, or was he also blindsided with the revelation that Emily did not know about Cassie? There are so many ways that this could have gone down. But, you have to give it to the producers, they have the audience wondering, so I bet that there will be a spike in the number of viewers for next Monday's episode, don't you think?
    Chris is Mike Fleiss' minion. Looks like the fat might hit the fire next week. Is she going to feel betrayed and no one had her back.....we'll see.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

I think Emily is going to be less concerned about Arie dating Cassie, I mean come on it was 10 years ago, than the fact that he has a connection with a producer of the show. She'll have to question everything now. As she should.

Regarding Arie and his kissing, I've noticed that he gets really favorable camera angles during all his kisses. KWIM? Some kisses can look so awkward, and frankly gross, but his always look soap opera-worthy. I can see that some of it is good technique, OK really good technique, but part of it is very favorable camera angles. TPTB want us to like Arie. We've seen so many sides of his personality that I've thought he was being groomed to be the next lead. I'm betting he sails right through Cassie-gate, ready to live (& kiss) another day.
    BTW, Longhornfan, Midol and 1 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I think Emily is going to be less concerned about Arie dating Cassie, I mean come on it was 10 years ago, than the fact that he has a connection with a producer of the show. She'll have to question everything now. As she should.

Regarding Arie and his kissing, I've noticed that he gets really favorable camera angles during all his kisses. KWIM? Some kisses can look so awkward, and frankly gross, but his always look soap opera-worthy. I can see that some of it is good technique, OK really good technique, but part of it is very favorable camera angles. TPTB want us to like Arie. We've seen so many sides of his personality that I've thought he was being groomed to be the next lead. I'm betting he sails right through Cassie-gate, ready to live (& kiss) another day.
    LOL.Well said! last night it was way way too close though. I wanted the camera to pan back a little

I think he will sail through next week. . Another much ado about nothing .
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There is a really creepy Emily and Chris H photo on that Wetpaint site. It is on a spoiler page so I won't link it but it looks candid with Emily smiling and Chris peering over her shoulder.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I have always thought that something was off with Arie. I never understood the fawning over him. I don't like his looks and also feel that he is a player. I don't like having my top lip sucked on in a kiss but apparently Emily is cool with it.

Emily's been around the block and knows how this show works. I would imagine she wouldn't be able to help thinking that Arie had to be assisted by the producers to visit her apartment in last night's episode. When you discover that he had previously dated your handler/friend/producer you've known for several years and no one bothered to mention it, how can you NOT feel betrayed? Wouldn't you then wonder: why would they keep it a secret? Has he been promised to be kept on a certain number of weeks to promote his career? Is he here so he can be the next Bachelor? Does he really care about me, or is this all an act to get more screen time? Am I just being totally played? Are there any other "plants" here who aren't here to potentially "fall in love?" I also agree that the edit and camera angles have been very kind to him. Just knowing a little how this show works, I think it's very valid for Emily to feel anger over the situation.
    fireflyer likes this.

Of course Arie had lots of help "sneaking out" over to Emily's place. I mean these people are watched like a hawk. They each have their own handlers and camera crew. Emily knew that he was coming as well, or that someone was. Why else would she still be in her date dress and have her own camera crew still with her? I will not be shocked when Arie is the Bachelor in some season soon down the road.
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But was it 10 years ago? and how long has Cassie been Emily's friend? I guess I am confused. The young girl he dated with children, her name is also Cassie.

I think Arie should have mentioned it. Cassie as well I guess, oh what a journey . LOL
    Cassie L is the producer whom he dated about 10 years ago and is she is engaged to another producer on the show and about to get married soon. Cassie, the one he lived with and who has two kids with is a different Cassie and I think they ended about a year ago and she is engaged to someone else also. Someone she apparently was with before Arie. It all just makes everything even more confusing.

I have heard they wanted Arie on the show for a while...you know how they like their career men...doctor, pilot, football player, prince...and no doubt a racing car driver was right up there.

I also have no doubt the producers screwed with both of them...Emily and Arie...just for drama. Just like they always do. We had heard that they wanted Emily as the Bette even while she was filming with Brad and did stuff to stop him picking her, but Brad as always went his own way. All those little talks with the producers, etc. were probably what started her insecurities about the other women that were part of the reason for the breakup...supposedly.

That is why I always think the difference between the people who just go on the show for a fun, once in a life time thing, and those who really crave a show biz careeer (and frankly I put Emily in this slot), is the second group keep in closer touch with the producers. She keeps saying that Cassie is still her friend but, if it was me and my friend didn't tell me this information (and please, I don't buy the excuse it was so long ago, because they know exactly what buttons to push with all the contestants but particularly their lead), the friend would now be an ex friend.

I feel more sorry for Arie, because he I bet he trusted the producers since they were old friends and he probably felt more confident due to his career in racing and now broadcasting, that he could handle things....but, surprise! And I want to know why are we seeing interviews with contestants before the show is even done this year? This has never happened before that I can remember and just adds to the growing list of wonky things with this season.
    Last edited by Midol; 06-19-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I think Arie will be fine .I think they knew this would all come out. I said under one of their blogs( Harrisons I think) that it make no sense this was leaked after the show.Yet they are dealing with it all within the show.

We are manipulated enough on this show, sometimes I think , TPTB think we are all really stupid.
    alizarules, NEPASue and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Arie will be fine .I think they knew this would all come out. I said under one of their blogs( Harrisons I think) that it make no sense this was leaked after the show.Yet they are dealing with it all within the show.

We are manipulated enough on this show, sometimes I think , TPTB think we are all really stupid.
    What with twitter, facebook, camera phones, google and the internet, I think it is really hard to hide anything. I don't know why they even try.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread