Closed Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/18 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Now Fanny why would they want to show us the good stuff........lol
    or the real stuff!

I hunt for deleted scenes LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    or the real stuff!

I hunt for deleted scenes LOL
    Yea I like the real stuff. Some of these people are really funny and show their true personalities. Apparently Fleiss thinks we like drunken stupidity. I think that is why so many of them have became friends after the show because they really know each other apart from the camera persona. That is showbiz and the other is real life.
    Midol likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Well, that episode was interesting. It seems like they have been building everything up for the big "reveal" next week that Arie had dated Cassie, the producer, years ago, but no one bothered to inform Emily of this. There really is no good explanation as to why Cassie or Chris H did not inform Emily of this earlier than episode 7. And it would also have seemed logical that Arie would have asked Emily if she was okay with that, just like he asked her if the fact that he was a race car driver was going to be a problem. But knowing how this show works, I doubt that we will ever know the truth here. So, how many people were really in the know here?
    nanarama and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The bolded is what makes it sting...Emily must be thinking is he a plant? Did they coach him like they do me? Are they setting me up? And if they aren't, why didn't anyone say anything? And since to me she is the one strike and you're adios amigos type, I think this is where we get the questioning the relationship of a frontrunner start of the edit. And see some of the other frontrunners step it up and move up and over Arie...They already showed us that steamy kiss with Sean up against the wall for next week.
    I agree Midol. If I started dating a guy and my good friend who was with me every step of the journey, didn't say, "hey, it was really no big deal, but I dated him for awhile way back when and it's been over for 10 years", I'd be a bit taken aback at first as well. A good friend would have told her. I think that makes Cassie a coward for not saying something to begin with. We will have to wait and see what happens, and what kind of explanations she receives from Cassie, Aurie, and possibly even Chris too. I just hope she manages to get it all in perspective and it doesn't end up hurting her relationship with Arie in the long run.
    jucamer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree Midol. If I started dating a guy and my good friend who was with me every step of the journey, didn't say, "hey, it was really no big deal, but I dated him for awhile way back when and it's been over for 10 years", I'd be a bit taken aback at first as well. A good friend would have told her. I think that makes Cassie a coward for not saying something to begin with. We will have to wait and see what happens, and what kind of explanations she receives from Cassie, Aurie, and possibly even Chris too. I just hope she manages to get it all in perspective and it doesn't end up hurting her relationship with Arie in the long run.
    But was it 10 years ago? and how long has Cassie been Emily's friend? I guess I am confused. The young girl he dated with children, her name is also Cassie.

I think Arie should have mentioned it. Cassie as well I guess, oh what a journey . LOL
    NEPASue likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Cassie and Emily have been friends since she was on Brad's season. So they have been friends for at least two years. I think the thing that makes it worse is that Emily is confiding in Cassie about her journey, her experiences, the guys, her feelings, and so I can how she could feel like this is a slap in the face to not have had Cassie confide in her that she previously dated Arie. Monday night will be interesting that's for sure! I am going out of town this weekend too, so I can't see it until Tuesday night - doh!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Cassie and Emily have been friends since she was on Brad's season. So they have been friends for at least two years. I think the thing that makes it worse is that Emily is confiding in Cassie about her journey, her experiences, the guys, her feelings, and so I can how she could feel like this is a slap in the face to not have had Cassie confide in her that she previously dated Arie. Monday night will be interesting that's for sure! I am going out of town this weekend too, so I can't see it until Tuesday night - doh!
    Ah, now I see. Okay thanks for the info! yes, then I would except her to say something.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know why he didn't tell her, unless Fleiss forbid him to. It's just a bad situation because I think, whether he expected it or not, Arie actually likes Emily. If he doesn't, then the dude needs to be in Hollywood because he's one hell of an actor. Whether he's a player or not...well, once upon a time Warren Beatty was the biggest cad/womanizer in Hollywood and then he met Annette Bening and he changed his ways. Maybe Emily is Arie's Annette. Probably not, but you never know!

I have to say, I do like Arie, but I can see where this news would upset Emily. Personally, I think it's cruel not to give her important details about the men they chose, especially since she has a daughter to consider. IMO, it's worse than what they did to Ashley with Bentley because she had heard prior what a piece of work he was. She chose to ignore that info but Emily doesn't even have that. While I think it's not a big deal he dated this crew member once upon a time, it's wrong to keep Em in the dark about it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Well he acts well around women, that's called a player he knows how to snog them really well.

The reason women like players so much, is they have an edge , and they say the right things .In my opinion that sums him up nicely. Ryan didnt say the right things, and she still didn't like letting him go.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-19-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    fireflyer and ElayneM like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I am assuming that that was Cassie that they showed in the clip for next week. I have to say that Cassie does not look like I had imagined she would. I found her to be rather plain looking, and I had envisioned just the opposite. If she were my friend, I would be even more upset with her that SHE hadn't told me that she once dated Arie BEFORE he was even cast on the show. If she had been upfront, then it would have been Emily's call whether or not Arie was one of the bachelors. That is what real friends do. Cassie is not a true friend though.

Chris Harrison is not Emily's friend either. But, I hope that they will show the full unedited conversation between Arie and Emily so that we can hear if he says that he did not mention his past relationship with Cassie, because he had been reassured that Emily had been informed about it, and she had no problem with it. I say this because that it one of the theories that has been tossed around.

But, in my mind, this reeks of producer manipulation, so were all of them in on it, including Emily? Or did they need drama so badly that they set Emily up in order to get her raw emotional reaction - AFTER she had already formed some feelings for Arie? Or was Arie in on the whole setup, or was he also blindsided with the revelation that Emily did not know about Cassie? There are so many ways that this could have gone down. But, you have to give it to the producers, they have the audience wondering, so I bet that there will be a spike in the number of viewers for next Monday's episode, don't you think?
    fireflyer, nanarama and Midol like this.

Closed Thread