Closed Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    As I have said before, some folks seem to be trying to hold Emily to some impossible standard. The girl is human, just like we all are. Don't like her? Don't watch the show.
    Yeah, she's human. I find some humans to be insipid and dull-witted - she's one of them. And I don't watch for romance (I'd rather clean the toilet than read a romance novel - seriously), I watch for bad behaviour, so it would seem that we're all getting something we want.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yeah, she's human. I find some humans to be insipid and dull-witted - she's one of them. And I don't watch for romance (I'd rather clean the toilet than read a romance novel - seriously), I watch for bad behaviour, so it would seem that we're all getting something we want.
    That's the point of watching any of these shows, hopefully getting something we enjoy out of it. You must have really enjoyed Ben's season! Goodness knows that's the only reason why I continued to watch it.
    NEPASue and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I mentioned reading a blog upthread. Well, that same blog pointed out something very interesting that I didn't even catch. In the previews at the end, we didn't see any of the FRC, which we would normally do at this point. None. Nada. Zilch. Nothing of Emily standing there in a gorgeous dress waiting for Mr. Right. No pair of legs getting out of a helicopter or walking up the path. The blogger was speculating that maybe something weird is going to happen this season. I kind of hope it does. I've enjoyed this season being different so it would be nice to go out with a bang.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I mentioned reading a blog upthread. Well, that same blog pointed out something very interesting that I didn't even catch. In the previews at the end, we didn't see any of the FRC, which we would normally do at this point. None. Nada. Zilch. Nothing of Emily standing there in a gorgeous dress waiting for Mr. Right. No pair of legs getting out of a helicopter or walking up the path. The blogger was speculating that maybe something weird is going to happen this season. I kind of hope it does. I've enjoyed this season being different so it would be nice to go out with a bang.
    I never paid close attention to that part of the preview. I watch previews to get an idea of what will be on the next episode. Has a partial preview of the proposal episode always been on all of the episodes of previous seasons? Even if Emily doesn't pick anyone, she would still have to stand in the proposal spot, which is what the women on Brad's season did during his first season when he didn't choose anybody... but maybe they won't have previews of the proposal because they don't want people to sleuth. Or maybe they'll show Emily at the proposal spot at the end of next week's show.

Yeah, I noticed. I'm guessing Fleiss is doing it on purpose to help curb the F1 leaks. Fact is, nobody has solid facts on who that is. First season in a long while (if ever) it's been kept a secret. I kind of like it.
    fireflyer, ilja, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yeah, I noticed. I'm guessing Fleiss is doing it on purpose to help curb the F1 leaks. Fact is, nobody has solid facts on who that is. First season in a long while (if ever) it's been kept a secret. I kind of like it.
    actually I am glad we don't know who the F1 is this go around..it will be fun to find out
    fireflyer, mesachick, ilja and 2 others like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Well we saw Doug come forward, and be honest with Emily. I'm trying to get why she was still so upset. Was it because no one did it sooner than Doug had? If so, then maybe, just maybe the guys were hesitant about doing so for fear of coming off as a "tattler". Tattlers usually get sent home on this show. So this is the 'pass' I will give the men for not instantly coming forward. Then after discussion, Doug felt she deserved to know what Kalon had said, and told her. I would have been more grateful to Doug for having come forward.
    I think she was upset mostly because she expected Arie to tell her this. As she is someone who has been in the same spot I do think she has too high expectations sometimes.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Different people see things differently. For example, I've seen nothing in two seasons of Emily that would suggest she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. She's not exactly a barrel of laughs, possess any intellectual depth, nor does she seem to have any particular interests other than her child, and maybe shoes and purses.
    Funny because I agree with most posts even though some of them have different views.
    Yes Emily is spoiled and has way too high expectations, but she is also very sweet and caring. I do think, I am a single mum myself and my daughter is 22, it will be hard to give up some control, but I know you also want to give up some of it.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    They usually do an extended preview after HTDs that includes the FRC. Maybe we'll see something then.
    Midol likes this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

I hope she doesn't get engaged at the end of the show. Since she has a young child who is all-important to her, and was already engaged once as a result of this show, an engagement that soon crashed and burned ... publicly, no less ... it seems more appropriate to me that she should pick someone to get to know better, and if it works out over a period of time (6 months? a year?), THEN get engaged. What's Ricki going to tell her friends: "Guess what, my mommy got engaged twice on TV shows!" I read an interview with Melissa Rycroft the other day, in which she reflected back on how ridiculous it was for her to have gotten engaged to someone she knew for basically a few weeks, and superficially at that.
    tango7, nennie and Midol like this.

Closed Thread