Closed Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Here is how I perceived the men saw the Kalon situation. They heard what he said, didn't think it was right, they felt the right guy went to tell Emily since he has a child too, she handled it by telling Kalon to GTFO and he did....end of story and lets move on. On the other hand, foreign to the way men think, Emily went on and on ad nauseum about the situation. Made her look needy and them, confused. Mars and Venus all the way!
    It was much ado about nothing. It seems to have appeased both camps though. Those that dislike Emily saw her one way, needy, demanding attention. Others that like Emily saw it another , feisty! It was a win win .LOL I cannot hate her, mostly because I don't know her, or anyone remotely like her. Her situation isn't like mine was, when I was a single mum .I had other things to deal with. Doctors , dentist etc. all mundane stuff that would never make this fantasy show interesting

.I do wonder what her hometown dates will be like. It will be interesting to see how she relates to her mother. I don't think I have heard a peep about her family. Maybe they like it that way, but in all her conversations, I haven't heard her say, I want a marriage like my parents have, or something like that. And how many kids do you want doesn't count!

Oh well, its over for another week.I admit to finding these posts more entertaining, than the actual show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Well, Jef's reference to Louis Vuitton and the expensive handbags (can't remember the name of the line now, and never heard of it before) sure perked up Emily's ears. Ooh, he must have money! The most ridiculous part of that was that Emily was just elated over Jef comparing Ricki to EXPENSIVE baggage ... and he did say that if Ricki is baggage, she's like Louis Vuitton luggage or those purses, and Emily was all in agreement and beaming. She even added "vintage" Louis Vuitton. Too bad Kalon didn't say Ricki was like *Louis Vuitton* baggage. Apparently that makes her happy.
    Great post
    fireflyer and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was much ado about nothing. It seems to have appeased both camps though. Those that dislike Emily saw her one way, needy, demanding attention. Others that like Emily saw it another , feisty! It was a win win .LOL I cannot hate her, mostly because I don't know her, or anyone remotely like her. Her situation isn't like mine was, when I was a single mum .I had other things to deal with. Doctors , dentist etc. all mundane stuff that would never make this fantasy show interesting

.I do wonder what her hometown dates will be like. It will be interesting to see how she relates to her mother. I don't think I have heard a peep about her family. Maybe they like it that way, but in all her conversations, I haven't heard her say, I want a marriage like my parents have, or something like that. And how many kids do you want doesn't count!

Oh well, its over for another week.I admit to finding these posts more entertaining, than the actual show.
    Wonder if her hometown dates will be at her house and not at her parents.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think Emily is very mature which came across in spades with how she handled the Kalon situation.
    Really? I thought her response was right in keeping with the behaviour of your average 17 year old. A raging tantrum, a GTFO, and hysterical questioning as to why everyone didn't have her back. A mature woman would understand that many, many people would, and do, view a potential step-child to be baggage (and I guarantee you that more than one of the guys remaining feels exactly the same way), that it's not an insult to the spawn per se, and that perhaps the baggage non-handler is not appropriate partner material, followed by a polite suggestion that a parting of the ways would be mutually beneficial.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Wasn't Kalon the one who actually brought Louis Vuitton luggage?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Well, Jef's reference to Louis Vuitton and the expensive handbags (can't remember the name of the line now, and never heard of it before) sure perked up Emily's ears. Ooh, he must have money! The most ridiculous part of that was that Emily was just elated over Jef comparing Ricki to EXPENSIVE baggage ... and he did say that if Ricki is baggage, she's like Louis Vuitton luggage or those purses, and Emily was all in agreement and beaming. She even added "vintage" Louis Vuitton. Too bad Kalon didn't say Ricki was like *Louis Vuitton* baggage. Apparently that makes her happy.
    LMAO!

The truth is that none of us know Emily in depth -- all we can comment on is our impressions of her, cloaked in our own version of reality.

But your impressions, dear AlwaysVeg, are cracking me up. And that is the only reason to watch this travesty of TV entertainment AFAIC. I have a mental image of Emily walking through an airport with Ricki at her side -- handle on her head, wheels on her designer shoes, her dress covered in destination stickers and designer labels, and Emily beaming like she had won the lottery. Well, she kinda did.

I really don't care who Emily is in real life. Her job is to entertain me for a couple of hours a week, and this character she's playing is doing that very nicely.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

In all seriousness - you know what really gets me about her whole take on the baggage comment? (Putting aside, for this moment, the fact that Kalon is, of course, a total horse's a$$). That she assumes that every guy should immediately adore her daughter based on... absolutely nothing.

These guys have never met her kid. They don't know if she's sweet and engaging or an unholy terror. She's just this idea cloud hanging over their heads all the time - why should they be in love with her already?

Quote Originally Posted by addison h. View Post
    Wasn't Kalon the one who actually brought Louis Vuitton luggage?

lol! Yes he was! how funny!

Wonder if her hometown dates will be at her house and not at her parents.
    I dont know. I just get a feeling something is missing with her relationship with her mum, or maybe I am reading too much into it There are time I would like to be her mother, but like my own daughter she wouldn't listen to me either
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-13-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    nennie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    lol! Yes he was! how funny!

I dont know. I just get a feeling something is missing with her relationship with her mum, or maybe I am reading too much into it There are time I would like to be her mother, but like my own daughter she wouldn't listen to me either
    Mother/daughter relationships are easily the most difficult - easily! I'm guessing her hometown will be all about meeting Ricki and that's it. She didn't bring any parents/grandparents into her hometown with Brad - I don't think it'll be any different here.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Really? I thought her response was right in keeping with the behaviour of your average 17 year old. A raging tantrum, a GTFO, and hysterical questioning as to why everyone didn't have her back. A mature woman would understand that many, many people would, and do, view a potential step-child to be baggage (and I guarantee you that more than one of the guys remaining feels exactly the same way), that it's not an insult to the spawn per se, and that perhaps the baggage non-handler is not appropriate partner material, followed by a polite suggestion that a parting of the ways would be mutually beneficial.
    AMEN to everything you said.

Closed Thread