Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Here is how I perceived the men saw the Kalon situation. They heard what he said, didn't think it was right, they felt the right guy went to tell Emily since he has a child too, she handled it by telling Kalon to GTFO and he did....end of story and lets move on. On the other hand, foreign to the way men think, Emily went on and on ad nauseum about the situation. Made her look needy and them, confused. Mars and Venus all the way!
    fireflyer, guest, tango7 and 8 others like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Sorry - Sweetpea - this will be the last post for me about Emmy in this thread - I think she is more mature than other 26 year old women because of what she's been through in her life. Losing her man and finding out she was pregnant only weeks after his death. She had to grow up in a hurry. I don't know anything about her life prior to that. I am assuming that she was well off from the things I have read on this board & maybe she is used to getting what she wants. I don't know - I see a sadness in her eyes and hope that one of these men can put the spark back in to her.
    No worries...please, keep posting about Emily in this thread. That's what it's for and your thoughts are entirely valid!

For what it's worth, I agree about her having to grow up in a hurry after having her child so young and by herself. Yes, financially she didn't have to struggle like many other teenage moms do, but emotionally it must be extremely difficult to have a baby and raise a child as the sole parent. Not being able to jointly make decisions with your partner or knowing your partner has your back when the two year old is having a tantrum so you can put yourself in a time out, well that can only make what is a hard job even harder. I agree about the sadness in her eyes, and I hope she finds what she is looking for either on the show or (more likely) off of it.
    CrazyDutchWoman and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Different people see things differently. For example, I've seen nothing in two seasons of Emily that would suggest she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. She's not exactly a barrel of laughs, possess any intellectual depth, nor does she seem to have any particular interests other than her child, and maybe shoes and purses.
    Definitely.

Emily is totally plastic, self-absorbed, and boring. If I met someone who said they have no interests in life, I would run the other way. I assume Ricki goes to school all day so what does Emily do? (I don't for a minute believe she cooks or cleans).

She reminds me of the beauty contestants who give incredibly dumb answers when asked a basic question. Then later the clip is played on talk shows and everyone has a good laugh.

And, no, most 26 yr olds are NOT like Emily. Many can converse on a variety of topics, have careers, and are on their way towards becoming (or already are) doctors, dentists, llawyers, designers, etc. I've interacted with teenaged cashiers and fast food employees who have a lot more depth than Emily.

As far as her so-called maturity, there are many girls who get pregnant in their teens and the father of the child disappears for one reason or another. That does not mean they are mature.
    Last edited by tango7; 06-13-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    dzigner, guest, luvlady345 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Definitely.

Emily is totally plastic, self-absorbed, and boring. If I met someone who said they have no interests in life, I would run the other way. I assume Ricki goes to school all day so what does Emily do? (I don't for a minute believe she cooks or cleans).

She reminds me of the beauty contestants who give incredibly dumb answers when asked a basic question. Then later the clip is played on talk shows and everyone has a good laugh.

And, no, most 26 yr olds are NOT like Emily. Many can converse on a variety of topics, have careers, and are on their way towards becoming (or already are) doctors, dentists, llawyers, designers, etc. I've interacted with teenaged cashiers and fast food employees who have a lot more depth than Emily.

As far as her so-called maturity, there are many girls who get pregnant in their teens and the father of the child disappears for one reason or another. That does not mean they are mature.
    Just curious if you saw Brad's season. Emily was the most mature of the group, and certainly not the oldest at age 24. I think Emily is very mature which came across in spades with how she handled the Kalon situation. I haven't heard her say one thing yet that would lead me to believe she is dumb either. She has had no problem with the decisions that she's made so far on the show. I believe Emily has plenty of depth to her, but there is only so much she is going to show on a televised show. I can tell she is being very reserved. She has been nothing but classy and kind during both her stints on the show. And no, just because some girls who get pregnant at a young age does it make them automatically mature, but Emily isn't one of them.

I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of whom you perceive Emily to be.

The shoe and purse comments crack me up. Emily isn't the one who brought them up - Jeff was. Maybe Jeff is the one that we should be questioning here. What normal 27 year old guy knows about Louis Vuitton and purses? Certainly none that I have ever known.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Well, Jef's reference to Louis Vuitton and the expensive handbags (can't remember the name of the line now, and never heard of it before) sure perked up Emily's ears. Ooh, he must have money! The most ridiculous part of that was that Emily was just elated over Jef comparing Ricki to EXPENSIVE baggage ... and he did say that if Ricki is baggage, she's like Louis Vuitton luggage or those purses, and Emily was all in agreement and beaming. She even added "vintage" Louis Vuitton. Too bad Kalon didn't say Ricki was like *Louis Vuitton* baggage. Apparently that makes her happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Just curious if you saw Brad's season. Emily was the most mature of the group, and certainly not the oldest at age 24. I think Emily is very mature which came across in spades with how she handled the Kalon situation. I haven't heard her say one thing yet that would lead me to believe she is dumb either. She has had no problem with the decisions that she's made so far on the show. I believe Emily has plenty of depth to her, but there is only so much she is going to show on a televised show. I can tell she is being very reserved. She has been nothing but classy and kind during both her stints on the show. And no, just because some girls who get pregnant at a young age does it make them automatically mature, but Emily isn't one of them.

I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of whom you perceive Emily to be.

The shoe and purse comments crack me up. Emily isn't the one who brought them up - Jeff was. Maybe Jeff is the one that we should be questioning here. What normal 27 year old guy knows about Louis Vuitton and purses? Certainly none that I have ever known.
    He's probably metrosexual and he would......lol
    NEPASue and mesachick like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I think Jef was just trying to lighten the situation by joking around about expensive luggage, and Emily responded to his gesture. I think she must be quite comfortable so I am not sure if money is the motivating factor behind who she chooses. Jef just seemed to want to make her feel happier and perhaps lessen the sting of Kalon's choice of words.

I think a lot of guys know about Louis Vuitton and purses just by osmosis. Maybe their moms dragged them to places to shop when they were young or they watched Fashion Police when they were handcuffed and tied down in a torture situation. Who knows? I'm continually amazed at what guys absorb when we think they aren't even listening.
    mesachick and jucamer like this.

Well, Jef's reference to Louis Vuitton and the expensive handbags (can't remember the name of the line now, and never heard of it before) sure perked up Emily's ears. Ooh, he must have money! The most ridiculous part of that was that Emily was just elated over Jef comparing Ricki to EXPENSIVE baggage ... and he did say that if Ricki is baggage, she's like Louis Vuitton luggage or those purses, and Emily was all in agreement and beaming. She even added "vintage" Louis Vuitton. Too bad Kalon didn't say Ricki was like *Louis Vuitton* baggage. Apparently that makes her happy.
    I didn't see that at all. I saw a woman laughing at a man's joke. She was lighting up because of Jeff, not because the name LV was tossed out there. He definitely made her feel better. If Emily is as well off as some seem to believe, I am sure she is quite capable of buying her own purse, if that is, she even is in to them. As for her knowing about vintage LV - don't all women? I own one purse, just one, don't give a hoot about who makes what as long as its good quality and looks good, but I still know about vintage LV. I was just teasing about Jeff btw, and was just trying to make a point. The one point that continues to get lost though, is that Emily is not the one that brought up designer names - Jeff was.
    Last edited by mesachick; 06-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    sclilred1 and JavaJo like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My ears perk up when I hear those words. I have several designer handbags (and shoes). I get one for Christmas every year. I also don't think it's strange that Jef knows about them, especially if he has any sisters or friends that are girls. My husband and all of my sons know probably more than they wish they did because of me. Even my 9 year old said once when I was having a bad day "You should have dad buy you a Prada to make you feel better".
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread