Closed Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

And as I stated before, what did she expect them to do while she was yelling at Kalon? Should they have beaten him down and thrown him out the door for the huge sin he committed against Princess Emily? Geesh, they all decided to tell her what Kalon said, and they were all there with her. Probably if Kalon had come back at her with some crap and had cursed back at her, someone would have spoken up, but Kalon really didn't have a chance to say anything before she threw him out, he was gone, end of story. How did they NOT have her back? Good grief, who helped Ashley out with that whole Bentley fiasco (which makes the Kalon episode look like nothing) ... no one told her and no one had her back, yet she managed to recover, didn't mention it every five minutes, didn't blame the other guys, let it go, and went on to find a great guy.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 06-12-2012 at 11:34 PM.

FORT Fan

well thats because no one knew what bentley was actually up to. if he had mentioned that he didnt like ashley then they probably would have told her and actually all we heard for like four episodes after bentley left was "oh i miss bentley" "oh dot dot dot" so she did keep going and going and going on about it.
    NEPASue and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Am I dumb, stupid, blind, gullible? I don't see any of this when I watch her? All I see is a woman who seems sincere, vulnerable & really quite nice??? And I liked her even more after seeing her with her friends a couple weeks ago. She's seems like she'd be alot of fun to hang out with. Can someone who thinks otherwise explain to me what it is I don't see?
    No, jucamer, you're not any of those things. It's just a matter of different people have different tastes, I think. All based on different life experiences.

What I see when I look at Emily is somebody that was raised in a completely indulgent environment -- that was shaped around her, everything was all about her, always being told yes. Then at 18 her boyfriend died. That sucked. Her emotional development relative to romantic relationships stopped at 18. She still wants to be put on a pedestal by her guy, and he should dote on her completely.

OTOH, she has a kid and she would really like to be seen as supermom. She seems to have stepped right into middle age with that job. I have kids too and I think they're about the best things to ever happen to this world, but I don't expect anybody else to think that about them. Emily seems to not be very realistic where her daughter and the men is concerned. She needs to cut the guys some slack. They don't even know Ricki.

She seems like a crazy mixture of being at the wrong emotional age for every stage of her life that she's in -- as a potential romantic partner, mother of a young child, heck even her friends seemed too old for her. I don't see a normal 26 year old woman anywhere in the mix. She's humorless (the ultimate no-no in my eyes) and rigid and appears to me to be trying way to hard to sell these unrealistic images of herself and she just ends up looking foolish.

But that's just one person's opinion.

shyra, dzigner, fireflyer and 5 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Can you say whipped? The poor guy actually looked so sad to me when she was ripping them all a new one during that party before the rose ceremony. He reminded me of Brad during the after the final rose.

Her expectations are totally unrealistic. She seems to have barely spent any time with some of them. Even the ones she knows a little better, they still are feeling each her out and they have not even met Ricki. Most of them seemed to have just heard about Kalon that night and they all stuck up for her when they confronted him and then Doug went and told her. That seems pretty fast to me. I also think most of them knew she was not really into Kalon and seemed to be expecting him to go home sooner than later anyway.

Emily just seems very rigid and unforgiving...thought that the first time and even more so this time. She expects perfection and that is just not reality.
    ITA with the bolded part of what you said...she has been on her long for so long and believe me I know what that is like you get into that rut when you are single and a parent ...and when that happens you have a hard time letting go of some of the control and contact and hear opinions of others and when you are used to doing all those things alone

and truthfully IMO only I don't think any man can compete with the perfect guy she has created in her head...I have been there and done that...she is gonna have to learn that all men put their pants on the same way and no man will ever mesure up to the image she has created in her mind
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    shyra, luvlady345 and Midol like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Different people see things differently. For example, I've seen nothing in two seasons of Emily that would suggest she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. She's not exactly a barrel of laughs, possess any intellectual depth, nor does she seem to have any particular interests other than her child, and maybe shoes and purses.
    guest, tango7, luvlady345 and 1 others like this.

Please keep the topic on Emily and her season. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Different people see things differently. For example, I've seen nothing in two seasons of Emily that would suggest she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. She's not exactly a barrel of laughs, possess any intellectual depth, nor does she seem to have any particular interests other than her child, and maybe shoes and purses.
    That's what most 26 year old gals think about. She has been grown up for so long I am not sure she knows how to act her age. I do think she has this fantasy guy in her mind and it isn't coming to fruition in real life. Perfection just doesn't exist.
    Midol likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    That's what most 26 year old gals think about.
    I really have to hope that this isn't true. It wasn't a focus for me at that age, nor that of any of my friends, and I have to assume that there are plenty of intelligent, interesting, fun young women out there with a greater range and depth of interest than their own appearance.
    guest, luvlady345, NEPASue and 3 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Sorry - Sweetpea - this will be the last post for me about Emmy in this thread - I think she is more mature than other 26 year old women because of what she's been through in her life. Losing her man and finding out she was pregnant only weeks after his death. She had to grow up in a hurry. I don't know anything about her life prior to that. I am assuming that she was well off from the things I have read on this board & maybe she is used to getting what she wants. I don't know - I see a sadness in her eyes and hope that one of these men can put the spark back in to her.
    mesachick, ilja and iwatchtv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I really have to hope that this isn't true. It wasn't a focus for me at that age, nor that of any of my friends, and I have to assume that there are plenty of intelligent, interesting, fun young women out there with a greater range and depth of interest than their own appearance.
    When I was 26 it wasn't for me either but I had been married 9 years by then but the generation today is so far different than back then. My niece is that age and that's what she thinks about and she is married. I look at gals today and don't see a lot of depth and can only hope as they get older they mature. Emily to me seems old but yet there are ways she is so immature. I know she wants a man but she is only 26. I wanted my daughter to wait til she was a little older than that to get married. Have fun in life. I know she wants a male figure in Ricki's life but picking the wrong one could turn into a living hell to.
    NEPASue likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Closed Thread