Closed Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Funny how we watch the same show and come to such different conclusions. I personally find Emily to be one of the most interesting, intuitive, sweet, beautiful and confident lead Bachelorettes evah and I'm not kidding or exaggerating!
    Right now she is my all time favor -ette!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Well we actually don't know that he didn't call Ricki baggage. We weren't shown the actual conversation. I believe he did though. Emily asked him outright if he had called Ricki baggage, and he said that he in fact did.
    No, actually, he tried to tell her that what he DID say was taken out of context - which it was. I wasn't crazy about Kalon, but the bottom line is he dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan1987 View Post
    in a way he did call rickki baggage.... I am proud of the way emily handled the situation and I personally do not get why everyone is getting upset about her using the f*** word. I mean who doesn't cuss when they are that upset with someone. I have always liked Emily since she was on brads season so I am one to defend her but its hard when i read some of these comments. How was her defending her six year old daughter overly defensive? Its her daughter and if she was told that some guy who is trying to win her heart say that her daughter is "baggage" i applaud her for how she handled the situation.
    Personally I couldn't care less about her swearing and from what I have been reading most people feel the same. In her blog she apologized for swearing but she did not apologize for grilling all the men and making them all feel like cr*p even though they told her fairly quickly in my opinion. It was how she treated the men, during the group date after she found out about Kalon, but even more so for bringing it up the next night, over and over again, even though she kept saying she didn't want to talk about it, that seems to be what most people are finding objectionable.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    No, actually, he tried to tell her that what he DID say was taken out of context - which it was. I wasn't crazy about Kalon, but the bottom line is he dodged a bullet.
    Funny you should say that since that was the phrase Brad mentioned in a recent interview.

From what I saw of Kalon he really was not into Emily and vise versa. She kept him for the producers and they kept him to go on the Bachelor Pad. I also don't think it had as much to do with Ricki being baggage as with all the baggage that comes with Emily...her loosing her fiance at such an early age and then putting him on a pedestal which no one can live up to, the whole thing with Brad and Ricki as well. In a way both Kalon and Emily are rather similar. Both very much into themselves and the finer things in life. Neither is happy when they don't get their own way...Emily is just more polite about it.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    West Virginia hood rat backwoods on his a$$. Hahahaha Best line I've ever heard on the Bachelorette.
    I died. LOL

I did not expect to like her at all this seasons, but after tonight I love her.

Glad Kalon is gone, not glad Alejandro is gone. DARN

FORT Fan

i guess we will agree to disagree. I will say that emily being to much into her self is a little harsh. Emily and Kalon are so different from each other that I'm surprised someone would say the opposite. Emily has not told someone to shut up besides when she was angry and used his line against him. She has not told someone to "shoo" like Kalon did and i personally believe that if this was switched and kalon was the one who was a single dad emily would not think of the kid as baggage.
    mesachick, ilja and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    No - he said that he did call Ricki baggage, but that no one was understanding what he meant by it, and that he didn't mean it in the context in which is was told to her. My question... how else could he have meant it? lol When Emily asked him if he called Ricki baggage, he said... Yes.
    Babbred likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

In the previews we see Emily charging over to Chris Harrison, demanding to know 'who else is here that isn't all about me?'

I will cut her a small amount of slack because she's doing this show and that is supposed to be the premise, but WOW could that phrase have rolled off her tongue any easier?!? She didn't have to struggle for the right words at all. I have a feeling that's her state of mind whether cameras are following her around or not.

BTW, luvlady345, Rattus and 5 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    In the previews we see Emily charging over to Chris Harrison, demanding to know 'who else is here that isn't all about me?'

I will cut her a small amount of slack because she's doing this show and that is supposed to be the premise, but WOW could that phrase have rolled off her tongue any easier?!? She didn't have to struggle for the right words at all. I have a feeling that's her state of mind whether cameras are following her around or not.

Am I dumb, stupid, blind, gullible? I don't see any of this when I watch her? All I see is a woman who seems sincere, vulnerable & really quite nice??? And I liked her even more after seeing her with her friends a couple weeks ago. She's seems like she'd be alot of fun to hang out with. Can someone who thinks otherwise explain to me what it is I don't see?

FORT Fan

This is the last thing i will say for tonight.

I rewatched the episode today and when she was talking to arie duirng the rose cermony she said that she was upset because no one stood up for her when she was going off on kalon and arie said that no one said anything because they thought she had handled it perfectly. So she wasnt upset with the guys because no one told her what kalon had said she was upset because she felt no one, like she said, had her back when she was yelling at kalon.
    jucamer likes this.

Closed Thread