Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That's why I say that I'd love to know what really happened between Emily and Brad after the show. I think they both had expectations of the other that weren't realistic, but it would be interesting to have his honest take on how Emily really acts in a relationship and what she expects. I know we'll never know the truth, but there are certainly some pretty obvious red flags about Emily that most men wouldn't notice because they are initially smitten with her looks and apparent sweetness.
    From everything that I've read on various sites and magazines, etc... Emily broke up with Brad. He apparently was trying to get back with her right up until she agreed to do the show. I haven't read anything else to the contrary. Of course its impossible to know the full story of what happens behind closed doors.

Here is a direct quote from Brad... “The demise of our relationship was completely my fault,” Brad says. “I gave Em every reason under the sun to get out much sooner than she did. She hung in there with me much, much longer than she should have.” and from the same article...

Brad blames the breakup entirely on himself and says his temper is what ultimately caused their demise. “I would get so angry and would feel almost violated,” he says. “I would keep those feelings bottled up, and by the time I had the chance to speak to Em … I would let that negative emotion come flooding out, and it was almost as if she was being attacked.”

I won't post the link in case there may be spoilers, but if you want to see it this particular interview was with Hollywood Life. I have heard about Brad's temper being one of the main reasons that Emily broke up with him various other places as well.
    Last edited by mesachick; 06-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    CrazyDutchWoman and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Funny how we watch the same show and come to such different conclusions. I personally find Emily to be one of the most interesting, intuitive, sweet, beautiful and confident lead Bachelorettes evah and I'm not kidding or exaggerating!

I think it's much ado about nothing. She was tired, under the weather, and royally p-d off and she just reacted. Would she act differently in hindsight? Perhaps. Does it mean she would always react that way if she is disappointed, angry or frustrated? Maybe, maybe not. Does it mean she's human? You betcha!

Did these guys know it was Emily before they came on the show? I can't remember if they mentioned it at the first cocktail party or not. If it was common knowledge that it was Emily, then Kalon should never have agreed to go on the show given his feelings for taking on the 'baggage' of a stepchild. HIS fault. Not hers, HIS. Sure, she's kept him over the last couple of rose ceremonies, but I have to wonder how much time she has actually spent talking to him. He hasn't received one on one date yet so it was always in group situations and at the rose ceremonies. His interrupting her during their talk was a red flag for sure, but not enough maybe for her to dump him (certainly not over the vampire-hunter, for example) and we all know some of the guys are kept as producer choices, so I don't blame her for not getting rid of him earlier, and I applaud her for kicking his butt to the door so decisively when she did find out how he really felt. He knows she has a child. If he felt that it would be baggage he should have excused himself from the running. His staying meant he was there for every other reason BUT Emily, and that had to sting a bit.

I'm inclined to cut her some slack on this one. She over reacted with the other guys, but that was just fall out from being so emotional about Kalon, IMO. It happens.
    sclilred1, mesachick, ilja and 3 others like this.

The recap for this episode is posted in the Weekly Rundown Thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think it's much ado about nothing. She was tired, under the weather, and royally p-d off and she just reacted. Would she act differently in hindsight? Perhaps. Does it mean she would always react that way if she is disappointed, angry or frustrated? Maybe, maybe not. Does it mean she's human? You betcha!...I'm inclined to cut her some slack on this one. She over reacted with the other guys, but that was just fall out from being so emotional about Kalon, IMO. It happens.
    My opinion of her is not based entirely on this one incident, but that incident did inspire me to comment. I have always found her to be bland, yet overwrought, and I get a real princess vibe off of her and I have a particular distaste for princesses.
    NEPASue, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

As ridiculously overlydefensive as Emily is about Ricky, the remaining men should get an idea what life with Emily and Ricky will be like. Ricky will be in charge 24/7, and she can do no wrong - when she gets older you can bet she will be aware of that. Instead, they use Kalon's remark to get rid of him because he was competition. Kalon was 100% right - Emily does come with a lot of baggage and it's not all about Ricki. He never called Ricki baggage.

FORT Fan

in a way he did call rickki baggage.... I am proud of the way emily handled the situation and I personally do not get why everyone is getting upset about her using the f*** word. I mean who doesn't cuss when they are that upset with someone. I have always liked Emily since she was on brads season so I am one to defend her but its hard when i read some of these comments. How was her defending her six year old daughter overly defensive? Its her daughter and if she was told that some guy who is trying to win her heart say that her daughter is "baggage" i applaud her for how she handled the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    As ridiculously overlydefensive as Emily is about Ricky, the remaining men should get an idea what life with Emily and Ricky will be like. Ricky will be in charge 24/7, and she can do no wrong - when she gets older you can bet she will be aware of that. Instead, they use Kalon's remark to get rid of him because he was competition. Kalon was 100% right - Emily does come with a lot of baggage and it's not all about Ricki. He never called Ricki baggage.
    Well we actually don't know that he didn't call Ricki baggage. We weren't shown the actual conversation. I believe he did though. Emily asked him outright if he had called Ricki baggage, and he said that he in fact did.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan1987 View Post
    in a way he did call rickki baggage.... I am proud of the way Emily handled the situation and I personally do not get why everyone is getting upset about her using the f*** word. I mean who doesn't cuss when they are that upset with someone. I have always liked Emily since she was on brads season so I am one to defend her but its hard when i read some of these comments. How was her defending her six year old daughter overly defensive? Its her daughter and if she was told that some guy who is trying to win her heart say that her daughter is "baggage" i applaud her for how she handled the situation.
    Who is upset about the f bomb .I'm not. When she was on a morning talk show she says she used it too much

I wont be applauding her though, it was much ado about nothing. I thought she handled it badly. Especially blaming the other guys, some of which weren't even present.
    luvlady345, NEPASue and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I wasn't talking about this board i was just venting my frustrations for the abc board my apologizes

See what i don't understand is that how did chris know when he wasn't around to hear it? He was obviously told by someone so why didn't that person tell emily? and why didn't chris tell her? why was doug the one to tell her?

I believe that she could have at least gave doug a thank you for telling her. But in the heat of the moment, being as pissed as she was, i think she handled it the best she could.