Closed Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Kalon was just honestly speaking about what it would like to have a ready made family. Maybe he said what the other guys are thinking. Also, I wonder if the big reveal was orchestrated by producers for rating's purposes. I'm not even sure what Kalon was doing there... since he told Emily to move along so that he could rehearse for the play. What would motivate Kalon to say that? I wonder if the drama is real... or concocted by the producers.

FORT Fogey

Kalon never seemed like stepfather material from the get-go. That's why I pointed out that Jason, who also had a child to consider, just eliminated those who didn't seem like the right kind of woman to help take care of his son instead of making a huge issue about it. Emily, on the other hand, keeps/kept d'bags like Kalon and Ryan around and then acted shocked, offended and disrespected when one of them merely was openly honest about being who he was all along. Now if Ryan is revealed as an egomaniac who just wants to win "the prize," is she going to act like she didn't see that, either?
    Midol likes this.

It does bother me when Emily keeps bringing up about guys being perfect. Then again, I know Emily nor anyone is perfect so it doesn't bother me that much. She's just a girl like Doug is just a guy. We all have our faults.

Well we saw Doug come forward, and be honest with Emily. I'm trying to get why she was still so upset. Was it because no one did it sooner than Doug had? If so, then maybe, just maybe the guys were hesitant about doing so for fear of coming off as a "tattler". Tattlers usually get sent home on this show. So this is the 'pass' I will give the men for not instantly coming forward. Then after discussion, Doug felt she deserved to know what Kalon had said, and told her. I would have been more grateful to Doug for having come forward.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Many have mentioned Jef looking like a kid....since when is it a bad thing to look young for your age? I would take that any day, than being told I look older than I am.

I noticed some of the guys speak much better in their cameo's, than when they are being filmed on dates with Emily. I think it must be very unnerving on the one-on-one dates, with a camera right up in your face, while you are trying to have a heart to heart. I'm afraid I would just start laughing.

I would assume that Emily has spent a lot more off camera time getting to know the ones she is interested in. I don't put a lot into what we see on the edited version, especially when nerves come into play.
    Monte71, jucamer and bachfan1987 like this.

Kalon is lucky that he was on Emily's season instead of say DeAnna when he pulled all of the crap that he has. Emily was much more polite and reserved about the situation than some other single parents would have been. I told my daughter last night that if I had been Emily he would not have just been shown the door, he would have been put through the door.......even if it was still closed. It was uncalled for, as well as all of the other cut-downs that he has delivered. His single mother that raised him must be horrified at his behavior and I hope she ripped him a new one after she saw his display as well.

Watching last night's episode right now and it's befuddling to me how she can be so dull and yet so drama-queeny, so middle-aged and yet so puerile, all at the same time.

ETA: And I stand by my earlier assertion that she is quite stupid.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Watching last night's episode right now and it's befuddling to me how she can be so dull and yet so drama-queeny, so middle-aged and yet so puerile, all at the same time.

Well said Rattus
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

While I have not been watching this season or last I did manage to watch a few minutes of the last episode. I can honestly say that it is a good thing that Emily is so beautiful because she has very little going for her otherwise. She should concentrate on upping her resume of life before getting involved with anymore of these shows. She has so much of life ahead but she could fritter away some very good years and they will just be gone forever. You only have so many years to be a femme fatale before people start making fun of you, sad, cruel and mean but oh so true. Now is the time to build her confidence, self image and her own opinion of herself so she will be more self assured, confident and therefore attract and keep better suitors. I feel kind of sorry for her in a way. Does she not have anyone to counsel her?
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post

That's why I say that I'd love to know what really happened between Emily and Brad after the show. I think they both had expectations of the other that weren't realistic, but it would be interesting to have his honest take on how Emily really acts in a relationship and what she expects. I know we'll never know the truth, but there are certainly some pretty obvious red flags about Emily that most men wouldn't notice because they are initially smitten with her looks and apparent sweetness.
    Midol likes this.

Closed Thread