Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

All this discussion about the guys telling Emily about Kalon's comments brings these thoughts to mind:

24 hour passed between the time of Kalon's comments and Emily being informed of them. We must remember that a group date is filmed over the course of an entire day. By the time Doug spoke to Emily the group had probably spent 10-12 hours (or more) together. Emily has experienced both sides of the Bachelor/Bachelorette equation. She knows that the only forms of entertainment is drinking, sleeping, dating and talking. She probably expected that Kalon's comment was a point of discussion between the guys, something along the lines of "can you believe he said that?" It may have appeared that they were just finding out about Kalon on the group date, more than likely at least half if not more of them knew about the comment much earlier. Remember we only see the edited version. They showed us the lamest responses. Possibly, Emily had reason to believe that those she trusted and had a closer bond with (Arie) should have pulled her aside at some point in the 10-12 plus hours and mentioned the comment. These people have a lot of down time during filming of the dates. Although they are participating in the date there are multiple opportunities for them to talk/hang out while waiting for the filming portion to be staged. I too would have wondered why it took any of the men so much time to mention the comment. Then again, it could have been a production staged, series of events. It sure made for good TV.

Now that I've "over commented" on Kalon's exit, I love that Emily provided us with some very real moments. She has surprised me with how well she handles herself in emotionally charged situations. Bring on Croatia!

FORT Fogey

I agree that couples should have each other's back, but she is NOT a couple with any of those men at this point. They've known each other for what, a few weeks, and not very well at that. Kalon was a jerk from day one, and she kept him around. The guys did come to her aid by telling her what Kalon said, and Doug handled it very well. He gave her moral support even if he didn't join in the tongue-lashing Emily gave him. Ditto for the other guys. Why should they fight her battles, especially at this point? She was hoarse, but she definitely had a voice, and the hoarseness is just not a factor to me. She could speak well enough. The men showed their concern for her by letting her know what Kalon said ... and sorry if I don't think that telling her within 24 hours was too long to wait. If I were dating someone for a few weeks (and don't forget she is not dating any ONE of them to the point of having what could be remotely considered an intimate relationship, a close relationship, or a love relationship ... they're barely getting to know each other), I wouldn't expect them to fight my battles or have my back in all things, most things, or even some things, yet! Did she want them to gang up on Kalon and beat him senseless for saying a stupid thing that would upset Lady Emily? I'm willing to bet more than one of them are thinking the same thing ... they just aren't saying it out loud. Remember that when it was Jason's season, he also had to be mindful about choosing someone who would make a good stepmom for his child, but you didn't hear him whining or even talking about it every five minutes. Not all women want to be a stepmom, so that doesn't make the difference. All the men there know the B'ette has a child, that child is her pride and joy, and they need to evaluate whether they will fit into the scenario and take on the responsibility that Emily wants from a BF or husband. Kalon was always a tool, at least what we saw of him, but I give him credit for being honest, even though the way he went about it was less than direct and honest. Telling Emily privately in a nice way and deciding to leave on his own would have been the honest and mature thing to do. He shouldn't have been there in the first place, but we can thank the producers for landing him in the middle of a situation where he shouldn't have been, by helicopter no less. If Emily wanted to blame somebody for not letting her know about Kalon's comments soon enough, she should have beaten up on the producers and Chris Harrison.
    BTW and NEPASue like this.

I don't think this was mentioned here, but did anyone notice at the beginning of the episode, when CH is welcoming the guys to London and mentioning "there are ten of you left"....that there were only nine standing there.
    Kalon was absent from that scene.
    I stopped it and counted, and named all the guys. No Kalon.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I agree that couples should have each other's back, but she is NOT a couple with any of those men at this point. They've known each other for what, a few weeks, and not very well at that. Kalon was a jerk from day one, and she kept him around. The guys did come to her aid by telling her what Kalon said, and Doug handled it very well. He gave her moral support even if he didn't join in the tongue-lashing Emily gave him. Ditto for the other guys. Why should they fight her battles, especially at this point? She was hoarse, but she definitely had a voice, and the hoarseness is just not a factor to me. She could speak well enough. The men showed their concern for her by letting her know what Kalon said ... and sorry if I don't think that telling her within 24 hours was too long to wait. If I were dating someone for a few weeks (and don't forget she is not dating any ONE of them to the point of having what could be remotely considered an intimate relationship, a close relationship, or a love relationship ... they're barely getting to know each other), I wouldn't expect them to fight my battles or have my back in all things, most things, or even some things, yet! Did she want them to gang up on Kalon and beat him senseless for saying a stupid thing that would upset Lady Emily? I'm willing to bet more than one of them are thinking the same thing ... they just aren't saying it out loud. Remember that when it was Jason's season, he also had to be mindful about choosing someone who would make a good stepmom for his child, but you didn't hear him whining or even talking about it every five minutes. Not all women want to be a stepmom, so that doesn't make the difference. All the men there know the B'ette has a child, that child is her pride and joy, and they need to evaluate whether they will fit into the scenario and take on the responsibility that Emily wants from a BF or husband. Kalon was always a tool, at least what we saw of him, but I give him credit for being honest, even though the way he went about it was less than direct and honest. Telling Emily privately in a nice way and deciding to leave on his own would have been the honest and mature thing to do. He shouldn't have been there in the first place, but we can thank the producers for landing him in the middle of a situation where he shouldn't have been, by helicopter no less. If Emily wanted to blame somebody for not letting her know about Kalon's comments soon enough, she should have beaten up on the producers and Chris Harrison.
    Totally agree with all you said but I would just add that we don't know that he didn't ask to leave. Others have before and they wouldn't let them leave ... only on producers terms. Graham from Dee's season being the prime example. Kalon was probably cast for a purpose and they were going to get their pound of flesh. He did not seem into her at all and frankly, I don't think it was as much about Ricki as it was made out to be. Nor was she all that into him and most likely was told to keep him so she shouldn't have been all that surpised that he was kept for dramatic purposes...even if she didn't appreciate the drama like the viewers.
    BTW and bachelorwatcher like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Totally agree with all you said but I would just add that we don't know that he didn't ask to leave. Others have before and they wouldn't let them leave ... only on producers terms. Graham from Dee's season being the prime example. Kalon was probably cast for a purpose and they were going to get their pound of flesh. He did not seem into her at all and frankly, I don't think it was as much about Ricki as it was made out to be. Nor was she all that into him and most likely was told to keep him so she shouldn't have been all that surpised that he was kept for dramatic purposes...even if she didn't appreciate the drama like the viewers.
    I do agree with you, Midol. That's why I made the comments I did after Emily's blog, in response to her belief that her lack of attention to Kalon is what motivated him to say what he did. And she was criticizing HIS ego?!
    BTW and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Can you say whipped? The poor guy actually looked so sad to me when she was ripping them all a new one during that party before the rose ceremony. He reminded me of Brad during the after the final rose. Her expectations are totally unrealistic. She seems to have barely spent any time with some of them. Even the ones she knows a little better, they still are feeling each her out and they have not even met Ricki. Most of them seemed to have just heard about Kalon that night and they all stuck up for her when they confronted him and then Doug went and told her. That seems pretty fast to me. I also think most of them knew she was not really into Kalon and seemed to be expecting him to go home sooner than later anyway. Emily just seems very rigid and unforgiving...thought that the first time and even more so this time. She expects perfection and that is just not reality.
    Since the guys didn't tell her "soon enough" about the baggage comment, she complained nonstop. She does expect perfection... and I think she would be a historian. In other words, whenever she has an argument with whoever she chooses, she will probably bring up the list of everything he ever did and said that she thinks was wrong... in each and every argument that she has with him.
    NEPASue, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Just watched it. To be honest the previews of coming season do not look very promising. Boring is the word I think of. Oh well.

Loved Arie while acting, (I rewinded it 3 times) but he should have stood up more to Emily, instead of worrying about being send home.
    So childish how he was the last one getting a rose. A woman scorned, but maybe it was because of the producers.

I was certain Doug would get the first rose. That was his thank you for telling her. geez. The rose ceremony is used for punishments and compliments

Yes, I would love Sean or Arie as the next bachelor. Although I do not like men with white eyebrows, Sean is cute.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    No, she's not part of a couple with any of them, yet - and that is why I said I think she just happens to be looking for that characteristic in a man, and I can understand why. I personally don't think what Emily did was a "tongue-lashing." I found it to be on the tame side; she did not reiterate her thoughts in anger, rather she said what she had to say and she left it at that. Her hoarseness to me was a symptom of not feeling good and being overtired. When I sound that way, all I feel like doing is crawling into bed. She's not the first lead to get sick from the craziness of so much traveling and filming. Lastly, do I think she wanted them "to gang up on Kalon and beat him senseless for saying a stupid thing that would upset Lady Emily?" First of all, I do think she is a lady, but not in the way that you say it! And secondly, I think she is so much of a lady that she would NEVER want anyone to resort to such unconscionable behavior.

Reading Chris Harrison's blog I have noticed that he seems not to be a fan of Doug.

here a line he wrote: She found this out that night when Doug sat her down and gave her the news. I know Emily says she wished the guys had told her earlier, but Id be interested to hear your thoughts. Did Doug do the right thing, and do you feel he really told her with pure and good intentions?: end of quote

He seems to doubt Doug. Well nobody here thought Doug was saying it to get himself in her good books. Nobody mentioned that at least.

He also expected us to talk a lot about Ryan. Because Emily still kisses with him even though she does not trust him.

Sorry Chris..We did not talk about him much.

FORT Fogey

She clearly said that she felt "all alone" out there, meaning when she was letting Kalon have it verbally, which I do refer to as a tongue-lashing. How was she all alone, when all the guys were behind her (for whatever reason, probably mostly just to get rid of another competitor), having all decided to tell her what Kalon said? What else did she expect from them? Should they all have yelled at Kalon individually and collectively? Should they have shouted out, "Yeah, you suck, man!" after she got through with what she had to say? What did she want them to do? It wasn't good enough that they didn't run to her 2 minutes after Kalon said what he did, or that they were all there with her? Emily in her blogs keeps talking about having "high expectations" of people, and I think that's a huge part of her problem. No doubt that's what comes from never having to work for anything and having everything handed to you in grand style. I would find it exhausting to be with someone who constantly expects perfection from me according to their unrealistic standards. She just doesn't seem able to let go of her "disappointments," either. Everyone has to pay when Lady Emily is disappointed. I hope we don't have to hear about nasty rotten Kalon anymore, but I have the feeling we will.
    Midol likes this.

Closed Thread