Closed Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't think that Emily was really all that upset with the guys about them "not telling her fast enough" or "didn't have her back". The biggest issue that she had was that there was one guy who spoke his mind and called Ricki baggage, but how many of the others are thinking similar things and not saying them out loud? Any single parent can tell you, do not EVER call their child baggage.....PERIOD. Emily also wasn't feeling that well with her throat and all. You add all of those things up and you get one very frustrated woman who might overreact. And if she does? So what, deal with it. Life is messy. Life with a partner is even messier. Life with a partner and a child.........well, you can only imagine how much of a mess that would be.

I think it has been forgotten that production plays a role in who gets the rose in the order they are handed out. It could have been that Emily wanted to give Arie a rose first and was told no, give him the last one to hype up the drama.

When Jef was standing behind Sean tonight you could see the difference in the two. It looked like a man standing in front of a child. While Jef is sweet and cute, he really needs someone closer to his age maturity wise. I just don't see Emily as a good fit for him. My soon-to-be 15 year old daughter said she would take him when she gets a little bit older...lol

Ryan did have a funny outtake tonight. He didn't appear to be so much of a douche. Perhaps production has been editing him to be much worse than he is?!?

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison's blog is posted in his thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

All I'm going to say is - with the hairstyle he has, does Jeff (or the fellow on the last date) remind anyone else of a young Micky Rooney (Judy Garland's best friend)?
    mountaingirl70, Moontat and ilja like this.

Don't a lot of mormons marry young? Jef seems young, but I see maturity in him, too. You don't see him getting mixed in with any of the drama and he's successful career wise. I don't think he really looks that young...IMO it's the hair and clothing that gives that impression. I can't help it, I just like the guy.

As for Emily being unreasonable with the guys, I can see where she'd be a tad upset that they didn't tell her sooner. Like someone said above, she wasn't feeling her best and someone basically insulted her child. Add in the stress of trying to find an honest man you're compatable with and, well, I wouldn't want that task. I'd be cranky, too! But I do agree that she should have given Doug some credit. He did tell her pretty much right after he found out.
    Monte71, ilja, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yea, London! I've been there twice before, and between the two visits, went to nearly every place they showed tonight. The only exceptions were Hyde Park and The London Eye. Actually, I did go to the Eye with a friend but we decided it was too expensive and went bowling instead. I really enjoyed walking along the Thames, though.

Loved Sean's date, but (sigh) people...people...people. Let's review our history, shall we? A "minster" is an old word for cathedral. Hubby and I used to live in York, England and dominating the city is York Minster, the largest Gothic cathedral in Northern Europe. (I'll throw in a little advertisement to drum up some tourism. )

As for dear old Henry VIII, two of his wives outlived him, for Pete's sake. Number 4 was more than happy to accept a divorce settlement and skip off to her estate (probably thought she'd gotten the better end of the deal). Number 6 was still alive when he passed away and promptly turned around and married her secret lover. (This is why I love history. How can a fake reality show compare to this? ) Only two of his wives went to the Tower.

That being said, while I loved visiting there, I sure wouldn't want to eat there. Those two wives are buried in the Tower grounds, minus their heads. Oh my gosh, there would be no way I could stop thinking about that, or the fact that underneath my feet was the dungeon where Lord knows what torture was inflicted upon hapless souls, or the fact that one of the wives supposedly haunts the Tower. Either those Beefeaters didn't tell Emily and Sean all this or they sure have stronger stomachs than I do.

Loved the Shakespeare date. It was really cool to see the guys camping it up. I didn't understand why Emily criticized Kalon for being too serious, though. She sure as heck didn't protest when Ryan got down and seriously kissed her...

As for the big kerfluffle, I actually thought Emily handled it pretty well. First off, though, let me say that I really admired Doug for telling her and counseling her not to fly off the handle. I also liked how she took his advice and didn't get hysterical. As for blaming the guys, well, I sympathized with her. Let's review here. Doug tells her that last night Kalon said this awful thing. Immediately, two thoughts would have gone through my head, 1. throw the bum out, and 2. why in the heck am I only finding out about this 24 hours later? I thought Emily actually handled it very well. From the comments here, I thought she was going to throw a hissy fit and make a big scene. Instead, she did exactly what I would have done, told the guys calmly that I'm very upset nobody thought to tell me until now. I thought she had every right to be upset. Let's go over those excuses.

Ryan: "We didn't tell about what happened because we felt like you were going to make that decision one way or another." What the heck does that mean? We didn't bother to tell you because we thought you'd get rid of him eventually, anyway? That would not make me feel better. And the next one was even worse.

Arie: "It was eating up me up not to tell you, but I'm glad you had the intuition to sort it out." Excuse me? I'm not sure I could even have mustered words to respond to that one. You felt like crud when somebody insulted my child, couldn't be bothered to tell me, but were really glad when somebody else just happened to tell me and I had the guts to do something about it. To be quite blunt, I thought Arie sounded like a total wimp, and it made me admire Doug even more. Not only did he go to tell Emily, not only did he verify it first, but he said, "If somebody said that about my son I'd knock him to the floor!" Whoo hoo! Now THAT was how to respond. As for Emily's "nobody's got my back" remark, in the heat of the moment she may have just forgotten about Doug. Who could think straight when they're that upset?

As for the date with Jeff, that whole tea thing was obviously just a producer set-up. The lady's reaction was obviously fake. That being said, however, I can't blame Jeff for going crazy. While I've had high tea before, and would love to learn the rituals, I would never drag my husband to sit through that. He would have suggested skipping off to the pub, too.

I can see where everybody was coming from when they said Jeff looks too young. (Sorry, Jeff, I'm a fuddy duddy, especially when it comes to names and their spellings.) Yeah, that was kind of creepy. Jeff looked like he was going to the prom, and with Emily coming across as so much older (isn't she in her 20's, too?), she just gave off a Mrs. Robinson vibe. Ick. The way Jeff sat in the pub, with his leg on the booth, just reinforced the young person impression. I did love that scene in the pub, though, because Hubby proposed to me in one. Typical Brit. "So here's your drink. Want to get married?" It took me a moment to process what he had said, and then I nearly spilled my drink on him giving him a hug.

I said I admired Emily above for how she handled the crisis with Kalon. Where she lost my respect was at the cocktail party. She had made her feelings known to the guys, so she should have just dropped it and moved on. And yeah, I totally think she was punishing Arie too. Her body language just screamed it, especially the licking of the lips just before she announced it.

Shame about Alejandro. I have a thing about foreign accents in guys. Hubby and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary while we're in England. I've pretty gotten used to his accent, but sometimes he'll say something and it'll just give me goosebumps all over again.

Edited to add: In the previews, Jeff looks like a 50's teen idol on that date. There is no way I will be able to watch it without laughing. And holy mackerel, what did Emily do to her skin? She was glowing like a radioactive orange.
    Last edited by Babbred; 06-12-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I thought the guys did pretty good with the "baggage" comment. It bothered Chris, so he mentioned it to Doug, and Doug told Emily. Yet Emily expected all the guys to instantly fall all over themselves to tell her about the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan1987 View Post
    aww she likes sean!!!!! butterflies in her heart!
    of all the guys I see a real connection between her and Sean...I like Jef I do but as time goes on he just seems to be a big kid and wants to play

I would also like to say that Emily telling Kalon to get the F out was priceless...one of the best scene's that has ever come from a bachelor/ette season(that was a total kodak moment) those of you that are old enough understand statement..lol

I don't care about Jef's hair and he does seem a bit immature but IMO Jef and Sean are the two best guys there that would be the best match for her

and if she doesn't want Sean...send him my way...lol
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-12-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    sclilred1 and ilja like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Hey now...I'm a year away from 40 and I still have dance parties with my neices..

I know I'm the only one, but I like Jef. He's mature enough to run a company but still knows how to have fun. I think he's adorable.
    No, you are not the only one. I like him too but not sure about the fit. He is my favorite, but it's all about who Emily sees as the best fit for her. Still think Arie and Sean are in the running.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    So they definately are showing a better Ryan tonight.
    Not buying it and I hope Emily isn't either. Can you say PLAYER????
    Moontat and AlwaysVeg like this.

In the deep crying previews at the end of the show she was looking much more rough in her natural state. I guess she wears false eyelashes or something. The skin tone was weird, too. Spray on tan or something. I think the ''guys who don't have her back'' in her opinion are probably the ones she feels she really has a connection with. She probably doesn't give a hoot about Doug.

Team Sean! I will repeat that he'd be my first choice for The Bachelor IF they found him really classy and nice girls. I don't want to end up hating him for taking some eager fame seeker up on a skinny dipping adventure.
    Midol likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread