Closed Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/11 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Jef not only looks too young for Emily, he just seems so young and inexperienced. He's got to nix those "likes' from his speech if he wants to be taken seriously.
    I giggled as I hit the "Like" button on this.
    CrazyDutchWoman and Midol like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

West Virginia hood rat backwoods on his a$$. Hahahaha Best line I've ever heard on the Bachelorette.

The funniest thing about Kalon is the fact that he is acting like a douche and still got barely any camera time. All the douches get more camera time than necessary, except Kalon. Dude was not interesting enough to be cast on this show, he's a legend in his own mind.

This business about the guys having Emily's back is annoying. I understand the sentiment, but it's quite unrealistic when she is still dating/kissing 10 guys. At that point they are still watching their own back.

I can't quite figure out what is up with Ryan. I'd suggest that his conversations are like the ones you have with someone who was really drunk/stoned. They talk a lot, try to get all philosophical and yet you have no idea what the hell they just said. I also think he is one of those guys who stand in front of the mirror while giving themselves daily affirmations ala Stuart Smalley. LOL

Arie really does have the best lines on this show.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    love the way she tossed Kalon line back at him...you don't mess with a mamma lion when it comes to her cubs...big mistake

whether men realize it or not ....the child will always come first and Emily is no exception to that
    As it should be!
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

It might have been cut out of the show, but Doug deserved some props from Emily for telling her about Kalon. All she did was complain about how no one had her back. Doug took a risk to tell her what Kalon said (remember what happened to the Emily from Ben's season for being a tattletale), yet she didn't thank him or single him out from the rest of the pack while she was whining about how no one had her back ... and she actually had the nerve to complain that "they" (I guess meaning Doug) waited too long to tell her. It had just happened the night before. Methinks this chick doth expect too much. Hope whoever she picks is ready and willing to dote on her every second.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It might have been cut out of the show, but Doug deserved some props from Emily for telling her about Kalon. All she did was complain about how no one had her back. Doug took a risk to tell her what Kalon said (remember what happened to the Emily from Ben's season for being a tattletale), yet she didn't thank him or single him out from the rest of the pack while she was whining about how no one had her back ... and she actually had the nerve to complain that "they" (I guess meaning Doug) waited too long to tell her. It had just happened the night before. Methinks this chick doth expect too much. Hope whoever she picks is ready and willing to dote on her every second.
    No kidding. Doug went and told her the same night that he found out about it, after talking to Kalon first. If the editing was right, not much time passed between Doug hearing about it, and Doug telling her about it. At the very least, it was the same night. I'm not sure what more she expected. I don't care much for Doug, but in this case he did exactly what Emily said she wanted them to do.

Jef didn't tell her either and he was the one in the room at the time the conversation happened. Why didn't he go to her room before they all left for the group date?

I'm calling BS on the whole dang storyline.

The show needed to put the paddles to Emily's flatline personality.
    Kalon would have gone home anyway.
    nanarama, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    That particular back rub comes across to me as a mama comforting a child. I noticed her doing the same thing with Tony when he was missing his kid.
    That was exactly what I thought. Overall I think that Sean got the best 1-on-1 date tonight. All of your comments about Jef are cracking me up. lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    No kidding. Doug went and told her the same night that he found out about it, after talking to Kalon first. If the editing was right, not much time passed between Doug hearing about it, and Doug telling her about it. At the very least, it was the same night. I'm not sure what more she expected. I don't care much for Doug, but in this case he did exactly what Emily said she wanted them to do.

Jef didn't tell her either and he was the one in the room at the time the conversation happened. Why didn't he go to her room before they all left for the group date?

I'm calling BS on the whole dang storyline.The show needed to put the paddles to Emily's flatline personality.
    Kalon would have gone home anyway.
    Right ... it made no sense who she decided to blame and who she let slide. Doug was considerate and told her. He gets no credit. Jef could have told her but didn't, and he gets a great date and kisses. Chris could have told her but didn't, and he gets one of the first roses and a complete pass. Arie didn't do anything worse than Chris or Jef or any of the others, yet she was peeved with him. Wow, I hope her house is filled with eggshells, because her "pick" is going to have to walk on them all the time.
    luvlady345, Allie and Alexxxx like this.

Just getting caught up.

Loved London. Just got back from there two weeks ago and I kept saying I was there during the show...unfortunately, Emily, for the most part bored or annoyed me.

Loved Sean...Too bad I don't see her really into him or him into her (thankfully). I know she said that he gave her butterflies but you could have fooled me during their date. Is she just not very demonstrative? Or Sean? They both said and did the right things but the kiss looked nice but rather tame/chaste.

Loved the group date. Silly fun, particularly Arie. Doug did well with telling her about Kalon and checking that he got his facts straight before going to Emily. However, it seemed to me that Chris was the one who heard the baggage statement first, and I think he should have been the one to tell her. Many of the guys heard it first that night and then they seemed to give it up to Doug to tell her ... maybe because he is the only other one there with a child? or was that a producer suggestion so that Doug would get in her good books and she would keep him longer because there is nothing there between those two?

Jeff's date...I refuse to drop the F. It's a matter of principle...The look at me hair is getting old, although I must admit I felt bad for them at the start of that date. He looks like a school boy she picked because she was the mom on van run that day. I see that she likes him, but for the life of me I fail to understand why. As soon as he mentioned that handbag thing you could see her light up. Unlike some on here, I think he actually knew what he was talking about and it wasn't just something he was told to say. She was bending backwards, away, during their kiss...no steam.

Rose ceremony party...Emily kept saying how she didn't want to talk about Kalon any more but then she kept bringing it up and grilling the guys. I really don't think she was fair to them...particularly Arie. You just know that last rose was a slap for "disappointing her and not living up to her standards". Not surpised that Alejandro went...It just as well could have been John or Travis.

Couple of final thoughts:
    Emily stop playing with your hair!
    Emily and Jeff stop saying like every other word!

Bring on Dubrovnik next week...I hope they have creme snjite in one of the cafes...One of my favourite desserts...best with chocolate...for breakfast!!!
    CrazyDutchWoman and Alexxxx like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Sorry but I still don't get what Emily sees in Jeff. Watching them together on the 1 on 1, he seems SO much younger than her! On the other hand, I love some of the things he was saying in his PI's. The bit about her being the woman and the love that they write about in fairy tales, made me all warm and fuzzy. But still, he just seems like he needs to experience a whole lot more in life before he settles down. He sure is falling for her quickly though.

Still love Arie - I thought Emily was being unfair with how she treated him regarding the whole Kalon thing. It appears as if the men were figuring out the whole baggage thing the same night as the group date. When exactly was he supposed to tell her about it? Anyway, from the previews, it looks as though he got the message, and I'm glad it looks as though he goes a lot further in the show. If he isn't the F1, then I hope he's the next Bachelor. He's got more personality than any of the other guys there.

Sean is a doll, and very sweet. The romance part though, feels forced to me.

Ryan - what on earth is going on? All I could do was sit there and shake my head lol.
    CrazyDutchWoman and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I just think Emily is too used to the people in her life anticipating and catering to her every need, so she expects it of these guys, too. I don't think anyone can jump fast enough and high enough to suit her. They did let her know about Kalon, and they did it in a timely manner, but it still wasn't good enough because she felt "all alone out there." Doesn't seem to me she's all alone anywhere in her life, not at home (except after Ricki goes to bed at night, big deal) and not there with all the guys around her. So now Ryan is a good guy, because he gave her a gift and a few lines from Romeo's balcony speech? And Jef is cool because he knows about Chloe bags and Louis Vuitton luggage? (And she liked that comparison to Ricki ... what?) She's easily impressed by superficialities and not impressed enough by the guys' loyalty because they weren't quick enough for her? I get the impression there is one very demanding woman under all that eyelash batting and sweet facade. Would love to know what Brad found out after the cameras stopped rolling.

Closed Thread