Closed Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree403Likes

Thread: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CruGirl13 View Post
    I definitely got a Chantal/Brad/Emily vibe during last nights episode. Arie is so front and center that I find it hard to believe he is the F1. A lot of Emily and Jef's conversations seem highly edited like we are not getting the full story, but then there is Sean and I think he is a viable F1 candidate!
    Sean seems great!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I agree. I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to put into words what I mean here, but here goes.

All good things, however, he does seem to act in a juvenile manner in other ways...the hair, the skateboarding, the clothes last night, the fact that he actively seems to encourage people to underestemate him by how he presents himself. I know people can justify that is all in good fun, he is showing his quirky, individualistic side, and maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy, but to me those things are screaming "look at me", and if I am looking for a husband and a father for my child, I don't need that.
    Now, I understand exactly what you are saying, Midol, but I don't get the vibe of the "actively seems to encourage people to underestimate him by how he presents himself;" or the "look at me," at all. He just doesn't give the vibe of the guys I've known who dressed uniquely or did whatever to get attention; he seems authentic, to me. Like a true punk who does what he (or she) does because it's who they are and what they do...if people underestimate them because of it or look at them, that says more to me about them, really.

That said, I was very surprised at Emily's quick tunr-around to it being a good thing, to wait for the kiss...when the scene seemed so awkward with her obviously wanting it...or seeming to.

I loved this episode but too tired to do another run-through the posts to make sure I'm not blatantly plagiarizing/being redundant...I will say that if that was a "round," Doug kinda won that part because Chris was acting immature IMO. Emily didn't have a problem with him and he explained to her, so it seemed churlish to get into it with Doug (who actually looked much better to me tonight, and seemed very reasonable with him...although "too perfect" with his chatter as Emily said.) Always possible we didn't see all that led to that conversation...
    BTW likes this.

Hi there.just watched the last episode. I was disappointed in Chris. he acted his age so he lost that battle, although he does not realize that.

I must say this was the first time, I really felt engaged with The Bachelorette. While at her 2 men date, I could just feel her nerves and I could relate to he so much. She made me laugh out loud.

So far, I like Arie, Not only because he is Dutch but he has something. charm. I also like Sean although not a fan of his white eyebrows.. Yes I can see why Emily likes Jeff. he appears to be young, hip and cool, but come on. he is too immature to be a dad yet. He is a great guy but I hope she does not pick him, just because I want to see her happy and although a sweet guy, I do not think this would be a long relationship.She likes him though, that is obvious. I also think that Arie will not be in the top 2 because how he is in the forefront now. You know how they always edit.

That guy with the Spanish name, he is wearing earrings. Maybe I am getting old, but i do not find that appealing after a certain age.

Ryan. Am I the only one who does not think he is attractive at all? His eyes are to close to each other and I consider him to be not very handsome. Hate his personality. Being belligerent. ugh!

Doug. Nice guy but so easily angered. I like to joke around and it is obvious he can't take it. I did not like how a few episodes ago he behaved towards Kalon. Hope I said that right) in the pool.

These are the main characters. I am curious to who said that about Ricki being baggage. I think it must have been Ryan, although if you look at the previews, that does not look to be the case, but that is my feeling.

Oh p.s I loved the way Emily talked with Chris Harrison. Am I wrong to think she is the first girl who was so honest about the guys and spoke freely?
    J.D., mesachick, ilja and 1 others like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

The weekly rundown for episode 4 is now posted in the the thread at the top of the index.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought the argument between Chris and Doug was totally a set-up. Just didn't ring true to me and it was fueled by alcohol on Chris' part, for sure. I think the problem was real but TPTB told them to amp it up a lot.
    I think Emily would pick Sean for sure unless there's no chemistry. He seems perfect in all the ways she's defined as her wants but if they don't "feel" it for each other....just won't work.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I thought the argument between Chris and Doug was totally a set-up. Just didn't ring true to me and it was fueled by alcohol on Chris' part, for sure. I think the problem was real but TPTB told them to amp it up a lot.
    You're right: the producers are likely trying to create drama and conflict, where very little, if any, exists.
    BTW and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    You're right: the producers are likely trying to create drama and conflict, where very little, if any, exists.
    I am happy for a drama free (sort of) show! After greasy Ben's season with all the sleezy Courtney drama, its a breath of fresh air! I like some drama, but not the over the top crap we had to put up with last season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am happy for a drama free (sort of) show! After greasy Ben's season with all the sleezy Courtney drama, its a breath of fresh air! I like some drama, but not the over the top crap we had to put up with last season.
    ITA - I needed pepto bismol after every episode

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    ITA - I needed pepto bismol after every episode
    What company owns Pepto Bismol?
    Is Fleiss a major shareholder in that company?
    Maybe that's why this franchise has become nauseating more often than not.

By George! I think you're onto something jucamer!
    jucamer likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    What company owns Pepto Bismol?
    Is Fleiss a major shareholder in that company?
    Maybe that's why this franchise has become nauseating more often than not.

By George! I think you're onto something jucamer!
    Too funny!

If Fleiss was a major shareholder in Pepto Bismol, he's a rich rich man after Ben's season.
    jucamer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread