Closed Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree403Likes

Thread: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I really do think that that is partly why Emily is attracted to Jef. I have said that a few times.
    I agree. I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to put into words what I mean here, but here goes.

Last time Emily was a teenager she became a single mother and lost "the love of her life". She is now a mother of a young child and whether she likes it or not, she can't go back to being a teenager. She has responsibilities. I wonder if looking to someone who makes her feel young is really the smartest thing in terms of a longterm relationship. I haven't really seen much of Jeff...he seems nice enough, is soft spoken, is not getting involved in any of the silliness that is developing between some of the other men in the house, comes from a good family and is apparently involved in a worthy charity. All good things, however, he does seem to act in a juvenile manner in other ways...the hair, the skateboarding, the clothes last night, the fact that he actively seems to encourage people to underestemate him by how he presents himself. I know people can justify that is all in good fun, he is showing his quirky, individualistic side, and maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy, but to me those things are screaming "look at me", and if I am looking for a husband and a father for my child, I don't need that. Now we have seen only four episodes and have yet to see a date between the two, plus, who knows what has been left on the editing floor, so maybe my opinion will change, but thus far, I really fail to see what Emily's attraction is to Jeff...but then compared to Ryan, he must be looking mighty fine.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I think that Jef's family is quite wealthy too. I read somewhere that they own 2 ranches in Utah, and I got the idea that they are pretty impressive ranches at that!!! So, does Jef live in Los Angeles now, and is that were the headquarters for People Water is?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I really do think that that is partly why Emily is attracted to Jef. I have said that a few times.
    She even acted like a teenager around him, with that scene on the beach and afterwards coyly complaining in that little baby voice about why didn't he kiss her, didn't he know she wanted him to kiss her. I think a grown woman can lean in for a kiss herself without sitting there acting all cute and pouty and disappointed about it, or even just ask him if he'd like a kiss. If he welcomes the invitation, he'll kiss her because she's made him feel more comfortable about it. If he doesn't take the bait, then he doesn't like her and at least she'll know that. Somehow I think he would have kissed her!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la View Post
    Exactly. It was a joke. That outfit is common business wear in Bermuda. He was just having fun with hit. I love the deleted scene where Jef and Emily talk about it, how you need someone that you can be stupid and wear tube socks around. Deleted Scene - No Kiss? - The Bachelorette - YouTube

That whole conversation at the RC was great, actually. Better than anything they've shown on the actual show of them. He also explained why he hadn't kissed Emily (he admitted he chickened out). And I loved what he said in his PI's. Seems like such smart, genuine guy! Glad to see him and Sean finally get 1-on-1s next week.
    Awww.....that scene was the sweetest thing ever! Jef looks and sounds a little more mature than usual, too. I wonder why they cut that out? He definitely stole my heart there.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Awww.....that scene was the sweetest thing ever! Jef looks and sounds a little more mature than usual, too. I wonder why they cut that out? He definitely stole my heart there.
    I have to agree with you JD - after watching the deleted scene I am liking Jef more - he's got that Reid "vibe" about him. I'm anxious to see their one on one next week!
    J.D. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I wonder why as well.? It seems like we are not allowed to see them at their best, or their funniest
    J.D. likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wonder why as well.? It seems like we are not allowed to see them at their best, or their funniest
    Remember when they didn't show a lot of the things that went on between Brad and Emily. It seemed Chantal was F1 because of all that was shown. Makes me go hmmmm.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Remember when they didn't show a lot of the things that went on between Brad and Emily. It seemed Chantal was F1 because of all that was shown. Makes me go hmmmm.
    I don't nennie, I did tune out some of that season though.I just love the deleted scenes, and I wonder why it is they cant be shown.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I definitely got a Chantal/Brad/Emily vibe during last nights episode. Arie is so front and center that I find it hard to believe he is the F1. A lot of Emily and Jef's conversations seem highly edited like we are not getting the full story, but then there is Sean and I think he is a viable F1 candidate!
    BTW, CrazyDutchWoman and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    A father'a pesence is important when growing up, but mother's are generally more nurturing. There is the exception, but not the norm. Depends on his feelings about the situation. Personally, I like the guy. I totally agree that more bachelor/ettes should be sent home on the first date. Viewers can't get to know and judge so many, and am sure the bachelor/ette can't either.
    My first impression of Doug was positive... but then my first impression of Ryan was positive. Doug, as some have posted, seems as if he's wound too tight. He seems tense... he's too "in control..." and he won't admit to having any faults.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 06-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Closed Thread