Closed Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree403Likes

Thread: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Wow was the 2 on 1 date the most awkward ever! I am surprised she didn't send them both home too. I don't see John lasting more than another week or two anyway. I am still not getting the Jef attraction. He comes off like a teenager. I was hoping to see something between them, but there was just no sparks on the beach between them at all. Emily seems intrigued by that though. Maybe the romantic connection will start to shine on their 1 on 1. Still digging Arie and Sean.
    CrazyDutchWoman, jucamer and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    We have fostered and adopted foster children, and I can tell you Doug is typical of most of them. They have been so hurt throughout their lives and really deal with a lot more than a lot of typical children. They keep their emotions locked up, but when they do care about someone, they can be really defensive towards their feelings and the object of their feeling. They also do really think they are not worthy, so they almost kill their chances of happiness because deep down they have rooted feelings that they are not worthy of anything even though they want it. I think that Doug would be a great husband if given the chance. However, many get scared from the issues that people go through with the neglect they face as children, and helping them to be comfortable in life. Ryan is a total jerk, and Chris is coming off as immature. Jef seems ok, but I think his I am different look at me would wear off on me quite quickly. I do not like Arie do not know why, but he is just so not my type so maybe I cannot see past that. I like Sean the most. He seems the most compatible with Emily. Michael was the most ridiculous thing ever. We heard only the parting words of him period. What made her not even give him a date, and than get rid of him. Was he that boring?
    Doug's mother abandoned him, but his father cared about him very much. Wouldn't that make a difference in how Doug turned out, since both of his parents didn't abandon him? Also, why not send more bachelors/bachelorettes home on the first date, and shorten the season by about 3 or 4 episodes? What's the purpose of a "dramatic" rose ceremony if one of the guys sent home had never talked on camera, and they barely showed the other guy? And, the two guys on the two-on-one date had been in the background on the previous episodes. Also, Emily said that she would go on a vacation to Bermuda with a boyfriend or a husband. Since she admitted that she would go on a vacation with a boyfriend, she might not mind being shown going on fantasy dates with the guys.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 06-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.

I just posted some pretty scary stuff about Doug's past on his thread. Might want to check it out. He shouldn't be with Emily.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Which outfit will Jef choose for UK? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ICTJE76_x3...radcostume.jpg or http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...toms/bfter.jpg ?

I am at the point now that I agree Ryan is there only because the producers want him there. Emily seems to be more astute than I would have given her credit for (unless someone is whispering in her ear so we don't see her get hurt or end up with a villain) I am still firmly team Sean but at the same time I don't have a dislike for either Arie (Doug angry, Doug sad) or Jef so I'd be ok with any of them going further. I do not like Chris at all and I think Doug does have a hidden dark side that comes out when stress/doubt/insecurities hit. Ryan is just a joke and he has this thing with his lips that makes him look extra smug. There were a few occasions when the camera didn't pan away quickly enough and I saw Sean mutter to people beside him or just have a big grin on his face. I think if nothing else he's having a good time and doesn't take himself too seriously.
    Sean won me over( even if he does remind me a little of Brad) the others could leave now .She has no interest in most of them. I mean she kept the mushroom farmer ( she kept the mushroom farmer) how propitious LOL. As if there is even an inkling of a chance with him. They wont treat Emily like they did Ashley, if there was a Bentley* cough Ryan Cough* Emily would be told - kid gloves for this bachelorette. She is going to say the f word next week( that's excitement) On live with Kelly she said she always says it.Or says it too much.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Doug's mother abandoned him, but his father cared about him very much. Wouldn't that make a difference in how Doug turned out, since both of his parents didn't abandon him? Also, why not send more bachelors/bachelorettes home on the first date, and shorten the season by about 3 or 4 episodes? What's the purpose of a "dramatic" rose ceremony if one of the guys sent home had never talked on camera, and they barely showed the other guy? And, the two guys on the two-on-one date had been in the background on the previous episodes. Also, Emily said that she would go on a vacation to Bermuda with a boyfriend or a husband. Since she admitted that she would go on a vacation with a boyfriend, she might not mind being shown going on fantasy dates with the guys.
    According to her twitter her and Ricki are in Bermuda right now.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I didn't get a chance to watch the episode til this morning so I really have nothing much left to add. But I do want to agree with many who say Sean is a great guy. He does seems way too normal to be on this show.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    A father'a pesence is important when growing up, but mother's are generally more nurturing. There is the exception, but not the norm. Depends on his feelings about the situation. Personally, I like the guy.
    I totally agree that more bachelor/ettes should be sent home on the first date. Viewers can't get to know and judge so many, and am sure the bachelor/ette can't either.

Is the travel budget to bring a tutor/nanny and daughter along included? I am enjoying this season but I don't know if she is worth the extra expense. Sean, on the other hand....
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Please keep the posts in this thread on track for the show last night. Those regarding Emily have been moved to the Emily thread.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I think Emily likes him because looking at him makes her feel like a teenager again, and she probably missed out on a couple of those years.
    I really do think that that is partly why Emily is attracted to Jef. I have said that a few times.

Closed Thread