Closed Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    read the card "if you should choose" woman looks coyly at man

I would like it if someone said "yes I'd love to talk with you longer" instead of putting on the teddy and shutting the door suggestively. I think I am becoming a prude in my old age after all.
    I am quite sure I remember a Bachelor talking a bachelorette into accepting the fantasy suite, just to have extra time to talk. Can't remember who either was, though. She was concerned about the perception, and he was trying to assure her it was a good opportunity to get to know each other better. Could it have been Brad with Emily? Seems like it was longer ago, though.

One of the funniest I remember was when DeAnna presented the card to Jesse. He acted like he was shocked and concerned about his reputation. Then he laughed and said he'd definitely go to the fantasy suite.

I've also heard that many have said that they really did just talk all night. Also heard that many do take advantage of having the opportunity to know the most intimate of details of each other.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Fabulous post, Alexxxx! It's great to remember these things.
    I don't think Emily will go on any over-night dates...not sure if they'll just eliminate them and use some other concept. I just dont see her doing that...especially since she is so very concerned on how this show affects Rikki's childhood. Just don't think she'll participate in it.
    I think something else has been planned for them to spend some time alone. It will not involve a room with a bed and they will show that. I don't expect to see the fantasy room card at dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I watched because it was a train wreck and I couldn't help myself lol. That and Courtney was such a bitch, you had to watch it to believe it. I'm actually glad I watched Ben's season. It's made me appreciate Emily's so much more because of it!
    I love that they are still together WTG Ben and Courtney! although I don't expect it to last

I am watching Emily , because I want to see how she is keeping( sheltering) Ricki hidden away with absolutely no media
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think the fantasy suite card will be presented because that is just a part of the show now whether they accept to do it is another thing. I think it is mostly talking that goes on and I really think it could be presented another way. Just don't see Emily doing it but you never know.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I think the fantasy suite card will be presented because that is just a part of the show now whether they accept to do it is another thing. I think it is mostly talking that goes on and I really think it could be presented another way. Just don't see Emily doing it but you never know.
    Good point. The card will be delivered and Emily will explain she doesnt want to do this but wants to spend more time with him and she will have an idea of how to do this. An idea they have in place knowing she has told them the fantasy suite is a no go for her. I think she went with Brad though, no?
    nennie likes this.

While I hate to post this, I would be totally surprised if Emily does not have the typical (as in the presentation) fantasy suite dates.

After all, even though a couple of the guys asked if they could kiss her before they did, which was a really polite and respectful thing to do, I got the impression that Emily wanted them to just do it instead of asking. I suspect that while Emily likes to be treated with respect, she does not want to be treated as though she is perfect and on a pedestal. I think (hope) she's learned by now that she cannot live up to such a high level of expectations.

That being said, I do wish she would not do the typical (looks like they are about to hop in bed) fantasy suite dates. I do wish she would at least state they are going to talk instead and not put on any too barely there sleepwear.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

I feel Emily sees herself as a regular woman. The guys see her, they see her beauty, poise and grace and the try to put her on a pedestal. She says/knows she has no talents outside the home, nor qualifications and as Brad said, does not realize how beautiful she is so she does not see the big deal which can be very appealing to guys.

I hope Emily takes the fantasy suite dates. I am sure she will express how she prefers to just talk and get to know the guy etc but wants to protect her daughter etc and then do the overnight. Why not.
    Moontat likes this.

I honestly think Emily is just like every other woman out there. She has insecurities, she has faults, she has talents and likes and dislikes. She's gorgeous and obviously has a good life with her friends, family and daughter. I am liking her more on this season because unlike the way they portrayed her on Brad's season, she seems more normal to me somehow. I feel like I could actually sit and have a glass of wine with her and we'd be able to talk about mutual interests.

I hope she finds someone, but I'm not holding my breath with this crew.

I'm liking her more than I thought I would, as well.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I honestly think Emily is just like every other woman out there. She has insecurities, she has faults, she has talents and likes and dislikes. She's gorgeous and obviously has a good life with her friends, family and daughter. I am liking her more on this season because unlike the way they portrayed her on Brad's season, she seems more normal to me somehow. I feel like I could actually sit and have a glass of wine with her and we'd be able to talk about mutual interests.

I hope she finds someone, but I'm not holding my breath with this crew.
    I wouldn't have much to chat to her about. Maybe that's an age thing though. I don't think she will find her husband on this show, maybe a new boyfriend.

Of course its all about the journey.
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread