Closed Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    And that assumption is why Emily may want to choose a different idea than overnight dates with three men, since she is now the lead. Sleeping with one man who's telling you that you are the one (and I bet Brad told her he loved her as well), is much different than a woman sleeping with three different guys in one week (which is what the general public will assume about Emily if they chose to forgo their separate rooms lol). Sucks to have double standards, but it is what it is. I can't see Emily wanting that kind of impression of her circling around the mass media.
    I hear ya, but if Emily was concerned with the public getting a certain impression about her, any kind of impression about her, why is she doing this flippin show? Why do it the first time?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to those questions too.
    Allie, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I hear ya, but if Emily was concerned with the public getting a certain impression about her, any kind of impression about her, why is she doing this flippin show? Why do it the first time?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to those questions too.
    Well for me anyway, I don't have a preconceived notion about anyone until their personality starts to show. Not everyone is in it for notoriety (Trista any Ryan for example), so I don't think it's fair to paint a broad stroke over everyone. Some people go on this show really do thinking they will find love (Gwen is another example). Why did she do it the first time? You'd have to ask her. As for my impression of her this go round, I am more impressed than I thought I would be, and I am really enjoying how she has handled things up to this point. I am also quite thrilled that she is bringing back some class to the show after Ben FUBAR'd it all up last season.

If no one did the show, we wouldn't have the entertainment that everyone on this forum is watching either. It's easy enough to not watch it if one isn't enjoying the lead.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 06-02-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I'm curious about what they will do... skip the overnight dates completely? For previous seasons, I assume they told all the bachelors and bachelorettes that there will be overnight dates. I don't think they had a choice. But maybe it's part of Emily's contract that there won't be overnight dates.

FORT Fogey

The beauty of this show is that there truly is something for everyone.

If you are able to suspend disbelief long enough to be swept away by the romantic fantasy of it all, there's plenty of opportunity for that. There's also plenty of opportunity to end up disillusioned and disappointed too.

But, if you view it as a comedy it's always fun. For me it's must-see TV.

Who can forget Jillian and Wes in Italy, while Jillian's trying to have a deep meaningful conversation about feelings and all Wes cares about is "that bird has one foot". That's funny.

How about DeAnna's BBQ blowup because the guys aren't paying enough attention to her, while the whole meltdown is really all about Graham who's inside the bunkhouse, oblivious to it all? That's funny.

How about Jake's 2 on 1 date with Vienna and Gia, the look on Vienna's face when Gia offers up her plate of salmon to Vienna while Gia goes off with (Vienna's boyfriend) Jake for alone time? Vienna was ammo-less. But she had extra salmon. That's funny.

How about Brad's second season, the big doofus trying to keep his wits about him while his dates are getting topless on the beach for a photo shoot? You could see the wheels turning in his head about exactly how far to go and still be able to explain it in an acceptable way to Emily. That's funny.

What about Chris Lambton and the other guy and their mouse hunt in the mansion in one of the outtakes? That's comedy gold.

Don't forget Jason's full Mesnick over the balcony after sending Molly home. Seinfeld couldn't have written it any better.

And this season, Emily's three guys measuring their biceps in the outtakes. That's funny. And kind of precious.

I'll never forgive the editors for not airing the scene where Alessandro was showing Emily his vampire hunting obsession. The look on her face alone must have been priceless.

I've seen every episode of every season starting with Alex Michel and wouldn't consider missing one. I've never threatened to quit watching, because if you're looking for comedy, it's there. Every episode.

Bring on the boys. And the belly laughs.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 06-02-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    dzigner, sweetpea, Thor and 12 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Nice post Alexxxx. I concur!
    Alexxxx likes this.

Fabulous post, Alexxxx! It's great to remember these things.
    I don't think Emily will go on any over-night dates...not sure if they'll just eliminate them and use some other concept. I just dont see her doing that...especially since she is so very concerned on how this show affects Rikki's childhood. Just don't think she'll participate in it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    The beauty of this show is that there truly is something for everyone. If you are able to suspend disbelief long enough to be swept away by the romantic fantasy of it all, there's plenty of opportunity for that. There's also plenty of opportunity to end up disillusioned and disappointed too. But, if you view it as a comedy it's always fun. For me it's must-see TV. Who can forget Jillian and Wes in Italy, while Jillian's trying to have a deep meaningful conversation about feelings and all Wes cares about is "that bird has one foot". That's funny. How about DeAnna's BBQ blowup because the guys aren't paying enough attention to her, while the whole meltdown is really all about Graham who's inside the bunkhouse, oblivious to it all? That's funny. How about Jake's 2 on 1 date with Vienna and Gia, the look on Vienna's face when Gia offers up her plate of salmon to Vienna while Gia goes off with (Vienna's boyfriend) Jake for alone time? Vienna was ammo-less. But she had extra salmon. That's funny. How about Brad's second season, the big doofus trying to keep his wits about him while his dates are getting topless on the beach for a photo shoot? You could see the wheels turning in his head about exactly how far to go and still be able to explain it in an acceptable way to Emily. That's funny. What about Chris Lambton and the other guy and their mouse hunt in the mansion in one of the outtakes? That's comedy gold. Don't forget Jason's full Mesnick over the balcony after sending Molly home. Seinfeld couldn't have written it any better. And this season, Emily's three guys measuring their biceps in the outtakes. That's funny. And kind of precious. I'll never forgive the editors for not airing the scene where Alessandro was showing Emily his vampire hunting obsession. The look on her face alone must have been priceless. I've seen every episode of every season starting with Alex Michel and wouldn't consider missing one. I've never threatened to quit watching, because if you're looking for comedy, it's there. Every episode. Bring on the boys. And the belly laughs.
    I haven't watched all of the seasons, but I've seen every season after I started watching the show for the first time. I used to take this show seriously, and believed they were all looking for love, and would all find love. I no longer believe that... but sometimes they do end up finding love. I like to see how they go about finding someone for themselves... or at least try to. I like to see unusual people, such as Alessandro. Then there are those who seem normal and appropriate, such as Ryan... but then make a statement, such as how he would feel if Emily gained weight. I like to watch and study people.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Well for me anyway, I don't have a preconceived notion about anyone until their personality starts to show. Not everyone is in it for notoriety (Trista any Ryan for example), so I don't think it's fair to paint a broad stroke over everyone. Some people go on this show really do thinking they will find love (Gwen is another example). Why did she do it the first time? You'd have to ask her. As for my impression of her this go round, I am more impressed than I thought I would be, and I am really enjoying how she has handled things up to this point. I am also quite thrilled that she is bringing back some class to the show after Ben FUBAR'd it all up last season.

If no one did the show, we wouldn't have the entertainment that everyone on this forum is watching either. It's easy enough to not watch it if one isn't enjoying the lead.
    I agree100%.I dont see why everyone watched and hated Ben , but they did.

Its fluff and entertainment, nothing more or less. Once they are off the TV, I dont care if they find love or lust .Right now I think Emily is feeling a little lust
    J.D. and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Excellent post Alexx! I agree.

I have watched every show from day one and would not miss this for any reason. And this season is among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree100%.I dont see why everyone watched and hated Ben , but they did.

Its fluff and entertainment, nothing more or less. Once they are off the TV, I dont care if they find love or lust .Right now I think Emily is feeling a little lust
    I watched because it was a train wreck and I couldn't help myself lol. That and Courtney was such a bitch, you had to watch it to believe it. I'm actually glad I watched Ben's season. It's made me appreciate Emily's so much more because of it!
    BTW, Shoepie, Moontat and 3 others like this.

Closed Thread