Closed Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    It would be good if they could postpone the Final Rose episode. Let them film up to the final (guy) talk on the phone or something and then come back a few months later and see where things are.
    I agree. I remember Charlie's season when he basically made the show change it's format to do just that so he could spend more time with both girls. So much more realistic. He and Sarah stayed together for quite a number of years too, but still never made it to the altar lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree. I remember Charlie's season when he basically made the show change it's format to do just that so he could spend more time with both girls. So much more realistic. He and Sarah stayed together for quite a number of years too, but still never made it to the altar lol.
    That was such a boring season

It would be good if they could postpone the Final Rose episode. Let them film up to the final (guy) talk on the phone or something and then come back a few months later and see where things are.
    Good idea!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That was such a boring season
    I didn't think so at all. Charlie had a great personality. Regardless, his decision to postpone his decision whether or not to propose until he was able to spend time with the girls outside of the show wasn't what would have made it boring. It made him smart.

While ultimately Charlie and Sarah didn't get married, they stayed together for quite a long time which should be considered a success when it comes to this show. I liked Charlie too, thought he was quite genuine and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    While ultimately Charlie and Sarah didn't get married, they stayed together for quite a long time which should be considered a success when it comes to this show. I liked Charlie too, thought he was quite genuine and fun.
    I didn't wwtch the show then, but didn't they live together, break up, then move back in with each other? Have they broken it off again? Didn't he have issues with alcohol and that's why she left?
    IDK...just going from what I think I remember hearing.....
    Last edited by french dip; 06-01-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Hello, y'all. Greetings from Dallas.

I'm going to have to check when our insurance policies expire. I might have to do some comparison shopping.

Somebody mentioned the first night how gloomy the mansion was. I didn't really pay attention since I was busy trying to keep all the guys straight. However, now I can see what that person meant. During this week's episode I found myself practically squinting in order to see the guys. Does the owner of this house not have proper lights installed? Regardless, I'm glad they're moving off to sunny Bermuda next week.

Poor Emily! That must have been so frightening to dangle there in the wind, with lightning flashing in the background. I thought that Chris was so sweet for not wanting to kiss her when they finally got up to the roof. I do have one question, though: does it seem like this "daredevil" date was a little toned down from past seasons? I mean, weather aside, it just didn't seem as scary as past dates where, say, they had to walk between two buildings. I've rappelled down the side of a cliff before, and I must say I would rather climb up a surface than down it.

Loved the kid playdate! I thought that was really smart of Emily to make the guys interact with the kids and observe them. I was really turned off by Ryan's breaking away to talk to her, though. Ugh. And that fat comment was even worse. Isn't he a personal trainer? I bet he's so obsessed with hitting the gym that he'll only be happy with some woman who will join him there. That is definitely not Emily.

And this will sound strange, but while Emily's friends were grilling the guys, I kept thinking about elephants. Elephant society is strictly matriarchal, with a group of females being ruled by the oldest. Males are only allowed to approach during mating season, and only then if the tribe allows it. For some of these men, I just had images of male elephants scampering away after a few trumpet blasts.

Loved loved loved seeing Dolly Parton! Normally, I hate country music. When my husband throws on his country CD's I want to run away. And yet I love Dolly. She seems like such a genuinely nice person. I can't blame Emily for being overjoyed at getting to meet her. And that song that Dolly sang, the one she wrote for her husband, just had me melting. What's the name of it? I'd love to download it.

No real need to comment on Kalon being a jerk. Obviously the producers made her keep him and Ryan around for a little more drama. I hope that wears thin and she's able to get rid of them soon.

After reading around the blogospere, it appears that lots of people are writing in to say that poor Alessandro simply made that compromise/committment mistake mentioned here. I'm willing to give him a pass on that one, but the rest of his behavior would still have freaked me out, so I can understand why Emily was so keen to get him out the door.

Overall, I like the tone of this season. After the Ben/Courntey hysteria of last season, it's kind of refreshing to have a low-key season. Even the drama seems more manufactured than usual. I can just see Fleiss standing off-camera saying, "Come on, guys! Say something nasty! Please?"

Per Emily and her "no talent" remark: yeah, I felt kind of sorry for her, too. Don't get me wrong; I think motherhood is tremendously important. My mother was a SAHM for several years and honestly, I wish that she could have stayed one. However, it is possible to be a mother and still have a talent or hobby. My mother loves baking. Every Christmas my parents' house is the place to be because she whips up a bunch of candy and other goodies. She also makes the wedding cakes whenever one of my numerous family members gets married. Someday Ricki is going to get older and want her space, and I hope that Emily can find something that will still give her contentment and satisfaction.

I only started watching this franchise with Jason/Molly/Melissa, so I never saw poor Charlie. He may be a wonderful guy, but to be quite blunt, I think that would have been a boring TV show. I think there's a reason you've never seen what he did repeated by a lead, and that's because Fleiss & company won't allow it. After all those romantic dates, after all that drama, to have "So want to hang out for a while?" Not very romantic, is it? Yes, it may be realistic, but people don't watch TV to see real life! Even with so-called "reality" shows, I think people secretly enjoy watching them because they can see other people acting out and, within the show, getting away with it. You certainly don't get rewarded in real life for being nasty, do you? And yet the villains on these shows are kept around for as long as possible. And the "good guys" get to throw tamptrums and also act out without really being punished. All in all, it allows us to vent the frustrations of our own lives by living vicariously through others.

This works the other way, too. We see all this romance and glamor and wish it could be ours. We don't want these people to come off a pedestal and live just like us, which is again why I'm sure that the producers have declared to the leads that there will be no more reality in their reality show! (And yes, Emily may be a tad more realistic this season, but she's still up there on a pedestal. I read in a blog that her wardrobe budget for this season is $350 K. Holy mackerel! That's almost twice what my parents' house is worth.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I read in a blog that her wardrobe budget for this season is $350 K. Holy mackerel! That's almost twice what my parents' house is worth.)
    Wow! yup just like real life
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I didn't think so at all. Charlie had a great personality. Regardless, his decision to postpone his decision whether or not to propose until he was able to spend time with the girls outside of the show wasn't what would have made it boring. It made him smart.
    It took me a few shows to warm up to Charlie but after that he was hilarious. I liked how he kept it down to earth. No frills and fancy stuff. He was always casually dressed. Too bad they didn't make they were such a cute couple. I do think they need to give the bach/ettes more time at the final 3 to get to know them better.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    It took me a few shows to warm up to Charlie but after that he was hilarious. I liked how he kept it down to earth. No frills and fancy stuff. He was always casually dressed. Too bad they didn't make they were such a cute couple. I do think they need to give the bach/ettes more time at the final 3 to get to know them better.
    Even if we in TV land don't see the delay. They could get down to final 3 and take a few weeks off filming to really dig deep and see what is going on and then come back and do the elimination stuff.

I wonder if there will be overnights with the final 3 this time.
    nennie likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Even if we in TV land don't see the delay. They could get down to final 3 and take a few weeks off filming to really dig deep and see what is going on and then come back and do the elimination stuff.

I wonder if there will be overnights with the final 3 this time.
    That's a really good question. I can't remember if she did the overnight with Brad. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have the typical overnight in a shared private room. There are other ways to spend an entire night with a man than hidden in a private room (although not as much fun LOL). Maybe we'll see some creative ways to accomplish that, like something outdoors that involves watching the sunrise.

Closed Thread