Closed Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Being a great mother is a talent in and of itself. Many women can be talented and while they go out and pursue their "talents" of choice, they're absolutely awful mothers and their children are left behind. So, to some of us, it's a much bigger deal to be a great mom as a talent than anything else. But maybe we're getting close to the mommy wars again, so I'll stop there.

I was proud of Emily when she said that. Perhaps when Ricki gets older, she'll be able to find a hobby and pursue it, but I think it's fantastic she works hard at being a good mom and takes pride in it.

Also, when she said that she loved how Dolly walks to her own drum, I wanted to tell her it seems you do too - she's not settling for any of these guys and she's making them work. Good for her!
    I'm really enjoying watching this season. She's figuring things out and while her questions may be the same to the guys, how else is she going to learn anything about them all if she doesn't ask?
    I wasn't saying being a mother isn't a talent, I was just musing that her admitting of it wasn't particularly a smart thing to say. Also, to come at it from another angle women can be wonderful mothers and talented, its harsh to say they are awful. One of my dearest friends has her own gallery and her paintings selling for upwards of 2 grand but her kids are given all the love the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    what is wrong with saying 'y'all? *Millions of people say y'all.
    They don't here in the UK (Well unless theyre doing some sort of acting)

It only annoys me when she says it. Owen Wilson says it and I melt!
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The thing is, you dont know how a child (in this case Ricki ) will react. She has already had Brad in her life.- its a fine line .I just hope she uses good judgment when she chooses, or perhaps dates her choice. Its difficult enough this show, being a singe mom is added pressure imho
    I really don't think Brad made much of an impression on Ricky. He spent what, a few days total in Emily's hometown?

I think Emily will be very careful with how she proceeds with the F1, as far as Ricky is concerned. And that is as it should be. Despite the fact she is a young woman who never really had the chance to be single and have fun as a young woman, she seems to understand she has a child who depends on her and it is obvious she puts her child's feelings and welfare at the top of the list, as would any single mom.
    angelic_one2002 and jucamer like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I almost hope that Emily doesn't do the formal engagement step at the end of this and just chooses a man to take it slow with. Unless they were to do lots of final few dates with her daughter in tow it would be really difficult to see if the man you think is MR Right actually is. We are to assume that she accepted Brad's proposal after flying a kite and making pasta with Ricki and him. It is easy to play daddy for one night but I think you can't get a true picture at that moment.
    I agree that Emily shouldn't jump right into an(other) engagement after a short courtship (with others involved most of the time, no less). However, it seems like the engagement aspect is being pushed down our throats more than usual this season. Last week, Chris Harrison told the remaining guys that there were 16 of them, and only one would get engaged to Emily. Makes her sound like a trophy or a prize money. Later in the show, Emily said something about finding out which one of them would make the best dad for her daughter. As if they are the only men in the world she has to choose from, and she has to find somebody to fill those shoes. The quickie engagements are easier to take when there are no children involved. If she does get engaged, will she not tell Ricki for awhile in the event it doesn't work out? Or is she going to let Ricki get excited about having a father, just to have him potentially disappear from her life in a few months?
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I personally don't consider a Bachelor engagement as a 'real' engagement. I consider it a pre-engagement (let's date and get to know each other) mainly for dramatic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I personally don't consider a Bachelor engagement as a 'real' engagement. I consider it a pre-engagement (let's date and get to know each other) mainly for dramatic effect.
    Yes, I think you are right.

I really don't think Brad made much of an impression on Ricky. He spent what, a few days total in Emily's hometown?

But were they not together after the show? I thought they saw one another . I know he had the dates that included Ricki.I was talking about before the* big* break up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I kind of lose interest after the ATFR ends, so someone who knows can correct me on this, but didn't Emily only travel to Austin to see Brad once (or twice) and he went once to Charlotte to see her, before the big break up. AFAIK she didn't take Ricki to Austin, so I think the time he spent with her daughter was minimal at best.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I kind of lose interest after the ATFR ends, so someone who knows can correct me on this, but didn't Emily only travel to Austin to see Brad once (or twice) and he went once to Charlotte to see her, before the big break up. AFAIK she didn't take Ricki to Austin, so I think the time he spent with her daughter was minimal at best.
    I think you are right. He met Ricki during Emily's HTD and then he spent time with her that one weekend he went to Charlotte. So I don't think they spent a lot of time together.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Okay- sorry about that. I thought he saw more of her daughter than that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As much as I'd love a true fairy tale story and ending here, I don't think Emily will find "The One" on this show.
    She's a different type of young woman, who has quite a few requirements than a single girl her age, who's not as encumbered. I really like her and a couple of the guys seem like they could be a possible "connection" but I really don't see it happening.
    In Real Life.
    Midol likes this.

It would be good if they could postpone the Final Rose episode. Let them film up to the final (guy) talk on the phone or something and then come back a few months later and see where things are.
    cantstopwatchin and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread