Closed Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

I think Doug is attractive. Chris is attractive in a nice-guy sorta way. They both have that beady-eye thing going on. One of the best looking guys this season is another we've barely seen...Nate.
    And Jef looks like my dad did back in the forties. I swear, I could take my dad's senior picture from 1949 and swap it with Jef's and you would hardly notice the difference from the nose up. I have a hard time looking at him...I keep picturing my dad! LOL

For me....the bow-chica-bow-bow hichimama hottie is.......Sean. YUMM-O
    To paraphrase Wendy (Emily's blonde friend), he's God's gift to genetics.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Alessandro turned out to be a complete weirdo. He had the nerve to be shocked that Emily sent him home because he felt he'd be compromising himself by accepting her daughter? Huh? Wow...thank God she gave him the old heave ho. What was all that talk about being a gypsy...yeah, like that's really the life Emily wants for her and her daughter.

On a side note, I'm liking Chris more and more each week. He sure doesn't look only twenty-five years old. I don't get what she sees in Arie at all. Don't like his disheveled bed-head appearance at all, and his eyes are too close together.

I forget the big buff blond guy's name, but I like him a lot. He's grown on me this past couple of weeks. Love his physique...YUM. Although he's easily the best looking guy in the bunch, Ryan's getting a little too cocky for his own good. Doug is getting on my last nerve with his sense of entitlement. I wish he'd get off the kick that because he's a father he's somehow the best choice for Emily. Really surprised Kalon is still there, especially after that little exchange he had with Emily. She obviously sees something there. It'll be interesting to see how the chemistry between Jef and Emily further develops over the weeks.
    Midol likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I forget the big buff blond guy's name, but I like him a lot. He's grown on me this past couple of weeks. Love his physique
    Sean?

Doug is getting on my last nerve with his sense of entitlement. I wish he'd get off the kick that because he's a father he's somehow the best choice for Emily
    I agree with you about Doug
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Really surprised Kalon is still there, especially after that little exchange he had with Emily. She obviously sees something there. .
    I think she might have sent Kalon and/or Ryan home if she hadn't already sent Tony and Alessandro home. I suspect she sent Stevie home because she just didn't have any connection with him.

As for Chris, I think he looks more like Brad.

FORT Fogey

Being a step parent is a difficult job; there is a specific line that has to be walked. For her to expect a man to feel honored to be Ricki's dad is a tall order. It usually takes some time and effort for the child and step parent to love each other. You fall in love with Mom and then work on the relationship with the step child. Hopefully both she and her man will read up on the proceedure to follow to make a smooth transition.

Her comment that her only talent was being mother explains why she is so focused on a man feeling lucky to have the package deal she is offering. She was 19 when she had Ricki so it isn't surprising that she has not developed passion for other things. At 19, I didn't have any specific interests, I was just getting to know who I was. So I cut her slack for her comment. She will find things as life rolls on. At 30, when I had my first child I got into cooking as a creative expression but I had a decade of being child free to begin that journey.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Being a step parent is a difficult job; there is a specific line that has to be walked. For her to expect a man to feel honored to be Ricki's dad is a tall order. It usually takes some time and effort for the child and step parent to love each other. You fall in love with Mom and then work on the relationship with the step child. Hopefully both she and her man will read up on the procedure to follow to make a smooth transition.

Her comment that her only talent was being mother explains why she is so focused on a man feeling lucky to have the package deal she is offering. She was 19 when she had Ricki so it isn't surprising that she has not developed passion for other things. At 19, I didn't have any specific interests, I was just getting to know who I was. So I cut her slack for her comment. She will find things as life rolls on. At 30, when I had my first child I got into cooking as a creative expression but I had a decade of being child free to begin that journey.
    I didn't see anything wrong with her being a mother comment. I was a mother at 20. I have also been a single mother( to more than one child) . I know what that is like. I also know what it's like to have stepchildren. Its very hard work. I understand her putting her child first, I just dont think she knows how to express that right now.
    -Andy Rooney-

My daughter has a step child and it is an adjustment. HE like Ricki was the only child with his parents so he got all the attention but when my daughter came in the picture the whole dynamics changed. It hasn't been an easy road and it still is a challenge. Ricki has had all of mama's and grandparents attention for 6 years so how she reacts to a third person in the equation is going to be interesting. With Ricki she really has no wants because her family has the money to get it for her but what if the new step parent doesn't and he has an opinion as to what she really needs. I wonder how it will all work out when he says no that isn't within our means. This is just a scenario but could be a real one that would transpire. There are a lot of what ifs but they are real nonetheless.

I just hope Ricki when Emily does get married doesn't treat the stepdad like my daughters stepson has treated her. Kids don't like to share with an outsider for the most part. JMO
    nanarama likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I just hope Ricki when Emily does get married doesn't treat the step-dad like my daughters stepson has treated her. Kids don't like to share with an outsider for the most part.
    The thing is, you dont know how a child (in this case Ricki ) will react. She has already had Brad in her life.- its a fine line .I just hope she uses good judgment when she chooses, or perhaps dates her choice. Its difficult enough this show, being a singe mom is added pressure imho
    -Andy Rooney-

I almost hope that Emily doesn't do the formal engagement step at the end of this and just chooses a man to take it slow with. Unless they were to do lots of final few dates with her daughter in tow it would be really difficult to see if the man you think is MR Right actually is. We are to assume that she accepted Brad's proposal after flying a kite and making pasta with Ricki and him. It is easy to play daddy for one night but I think you can't get a true picture at that moment.

I think part of Emily's issues may be that her girlfriends seem to be 10 + years older than her and girls her age are in a different reality. She has cast herself as a middle aged housewife.
    bee stung lips and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

What's with Nate, and why is his thread locked here?

Closed Thread