Closed Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/28 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Haven't had a chance to post in the show discussion and just wanted to say that I did not care for Emily during Brad's season and she has surprised me with being less boring than I originally thought she would be. I have enjoyed the unpredictable dates that have taken place in the Charlotte area. I thought last night's show was very telling in the fact that it was very clear to see who she really liked. I did not care for Ryan from the beginning and was surprised that she kept him after making that comment. I guess he won't be on much longer judging from the previews. I do like Arie, Jef, Sean, Chris and Doug. We got to see a bit more of Travis, but I don't see her keeping him all that long. Her letting go of Allesandro last night was expected as he was a jerk. Even worse when you saw what he had said to her friends. I was not surprised at her letting Stevie go. I am not sure why Tony came on the show as he clearly missed his son, but he should have known that from the beginning and I think a 5 year old would not be impacted for life as long as he was being well taken care of at home which I am sure he was.

The guys who are still a mystery to me are the ones she has kept, but we have not seen a lot of. I can't even comment on them as I don't remember her spending much time talking with them at the cocktail parties. Those would include Alejandro, Michael, Kyle and John. May have missed a few, but hope we do get to see some of them rather than just have her eliminate them at the Rose ceremony. I almost forgot Charlie from last week's show and while I think he is very nice, not sure if he would be Emily's type. As I type this I am not sure what Emily's type is, but she sure was smitten with Arie. I think so far I like him, but thought he definitely received a lot of air time in lieu of maybe giving some of the others a chance. I also thought she really liked Chris and I really liked their date even if half of Charlotte was lined up to watch. When she went to Dolly Wood with Arie I loved it as I love Dolly Parton. The song she wrote for them was cute, but when she sang the song she wrote for her husband all I can say is it definitely tugged at my heart.

Now I have to catch up on how the rest of you are thinking about this batch of guys. I love that they are going to Bermuda next as it is a favorite of mine. I went there on a cruise a long time ago on the ship that was later used for the show the Love Boat. Don't know how many of you remember that show, but it was always special for me because it was the same ship that I went on. Just a couple of years ago I got to go back on another cruise and while it is still beautiful I could not believe how much traffic there is compared to years ago. I have to say I enjoy Emily as the Bachelorette as I admit to being a sap when it comes to someone finding love. I hope she does.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I have to say I enjoy Emily as the Bachelorette as I admit to being a sap when it comes to someone finding love. I hope she does.
    WAIT this show is supposed to be about finding love and not a mess of manipulations by the Fleissmonster and his minions....wow..lol I never knew that
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    WAIT this show is supposed to be about finding love and not a mess of manipulations by the Fleissmonster and his minions....wow..lol I never knew that
    I know every show has manipulations - it's suppose to make for good TV. I told you I was a sap. lol

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    Im not sure why one or two people thought this episode showed an intelligent Emily, especially when she admitted she has no talents. The only time she shows passion and conviction in her words is anything mother related. Shes coming out her shell a little but still is the same dull blonde that says y'all and asks the same questions again and again.
    Being a great mother is a talent in and of itself. Many women can be talented and while they go out and pursue their "talents" of choice, they're absolutely awful mothers and their children are left behind. So, to some of us, it's a much bigger deal to be a great mom as a talent than anything else. But maybe we're getting close to the mommy wars again, so I'll stop there.

I was proud of Emily when she said that. Perhaps when Ricki gets older, she'll be able to find a hobby and pursue it, but I think it's fantastic she works hard at being a good mom and takes pride in it.

Also, when she said that she loved how Dolly walks to her own drum, I wanted to tell her it seems you do too - she's not settling for any of these guys and she's making them work. Good for her!
    I'm really enjoying watching this season. She's figuring things out and while her questions may be the same to the guys, how else is she going to learn anything about them all if she doesn't ask?
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The guys who are still a mystery to me are the ones she has kept, but we have not seen a lot of. I can't even comment on them as I don't remember her spending much time talking with them at the cocktail parties. Those would include Alejandro, Michael, Kyle and John. May have missed a few, but hope we do get to see some of them rather than just have her eliminate them at the Rose ceremony.
    I find it hilarious that Shelly the Egg has gotten more screen time than some of these guys. Upstaged by an ostrich egg, good for the ego eh?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I'm not a fan of country music, but where in the heck did Luke Bryan come from? What a cutie! He could make me love country music!

It's a little early to say, because there still might be aspects of some of these guys' personalities that will make them less attractive (case in point: Ryan), but I think there are a couple of guys who would be good candidates for the next Bachelor, if they aren't chosen.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I am enjoying this season a great deal. I thought it would be boring, but so far it has held my interest. I loved having the girl friends "grill" the guys. I am enjoying the more "normal" dates and I like the classy way Emily behaves. It's also a pleasure to see the men in the house getting along fairly well. I thought it was a hoot when they toasted the demise of Shelly. My guess is, it will be easy for her to weed out at least another 4 or 5 (maybe more), but after that, it may get more difficult.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I'm relieved that we are not seeing a bunch of frat boys, unless TPTB are not showing that aspect of these men. I also like that so far Emily is acting like a lady.
    Deutscher, ilja and Babbred like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    Im not sure why one or two people thought this episode showed an intelligent Emily, especially when she admitted she has no talents. The only time she shows passion and conviction in her words is anything mother related. Shes coming out her shell a little but still is the same dull blonde that says y'all and asks the same questions again and again.

what is wrong with saying 'y'all? Millions of people say y'all.

I know every show has manipulations - it's suppose to make for good TV. I told you I was a sap. lol
    I'm in your sap club, Jaceegirl. I'm loving this season so far and am really happy to see a bachelorette who so far seems to have her priorities straight.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Closed Thread