Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I thought this was an absurdly boring episode. If I want baked cookies, I can do that at home, I don't need to turn on a TV to watch somebody else do it. The guy was clearly disappointed in the content of the date, and so was I. I understand that a love affair can perhaps start from cookies; however, I expect more from TV entertainment than what I produce in my own kitchen. Therefore, I feel this episode was extremely dull. If Emily can find a guy who is content to be an accessory to a pre-made life, then congratulations, that's a JACKPOT. But I don't think a girl can buy a made-to-order husband... I think she has to offer more than what she's offering. Thus, I predict this season will be a failure. Having said that, I ALSO agree with every comment you made.
    I didn't mind watching Emily and Ryan bake cookies. I was able to find out what a typical day is like for her. I didn't think the muppets were entertaining. There was too much time spent on Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog interacting with each other, and Emily talking with the muppets. The time should have been spent on the guys interacting with Emily or with each other.
    fireflyer, Coco46 and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    ...Gosh, don't you remember "Wokka wokka wokka" and the Swedish Chef and poor exploding Bunsen or Animal and the Electric Love Band? Or the original Muppet movie where Steve Martin did an entire scene with Kermit and Miss Piggy in nothing but a shirt and boxer shorts, all the while playing it straight? I read an interview with Jack Black once where he said, "I knew I had made it big in Hollywood when I was invited to appear on Sesame Street with the Muppets. That was the biggest honor I've ever received."
    I gave you a 'like' for mentioning Animal.

Not sure if this belongs in here but I've been looking at various photos of the Bachelors and there are a couple of similar traits that make a bunch of them look like the same guy to me. The too-close set together eyes and the "faux" hawk thing with the hair. There are a bunch with one or the other but a couple with both and it has me completely lost, trying to keep names straight!
    J.D. and AlwaysVeg like this.

I've noticed the same thing about the eyes and the hair. The too close eyes are particularly noticeable in Kalon.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    lmao..isn't this what all women really do anyway..they let the men think they are in charge to keep their egos intact but women know who wears the pants..lol
    Really? That's not how it works in my household. We're equal, we both know that we're equal, there is no head of the household, and next month is our twenty-fifth anniversary. There is no way in hell I would ever stay with a man whose ego was so fragile that he needed lies to feel okay about himself. Honestly I'm getting a little angry just thinking about being married to such a damned weakling. On the other hand, I'm just a little more appreciative of Mr. Rattus, who wouldn't tolerate that sort of game playing either.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I've really enjoyed most of y'alls post and was surprised by how much positivity there was after reading a few posts in the Emily thread. I do wish I could participate in these threads but I really don't want to see spoilers and I guess my definition of spoiler is different than some because I had to quit reading this thread before the last page due to seeing a 2nd spoiler.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I may try again later but I probably shouldn't if I don't want to know what's out on the web about the people on this show.

Okay, I can't stay away. I love this show too much and I'm really enjoying such a different bachelorette than the norm. I personally don't believe Emily is very comfortable being filmed but admire her confidence with the men. I'm hoping she will get more comfortable where she can more easily be herself. I seem to recall one scene where she even admitted that she was having a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    lmao..isn't this what all women really do anyway..they let the men think they are in charge to keep their egos intact but women know who wears the pants..lol
    Smart women certainly do!! But then I'm "old school" and it works for me.
    I don't see it as anything but knowing what man and woman's nature is and how we instinctively behave. We can use this info to aid us in how to get along, while not demoralizing/degrading a person.

I'm not sure Emily is dull and boring...she may just be playing it the way it works for her.
    I think Ryan is kinda slimy, but could just be me.
    Too soon for me even to tell who's who yet.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 05-29-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    ilja likes this.

Closed Thread