Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I actually like Kalon, sure he has a bit of verbal direaha but I have always had a soft spot for the well educated guys that cant fit in. Ryan seems like an idiot to me, hes just a little bit too cookie cutter cool guy, and hes nothing special to look at either. Loved Muppet date!

Emily is her boring self, as usual. Not sure if Hotels work like this in the US but where I grew up in Derbyshire we lived near Chatsworth (Very Famous, look it up) and you could book days of luxury and use of the facilities for a reasonable price. Surely Emily's family would not go on holiday in their local hotel?

Going to hotels pool and have treatments there doesn't neccesarily make you loaded, I am certainly not.
    bee stung lips and AlwaysVeg like this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am still wondering if Jef represents lost youth to Emily. She seems much younger and more carefree when she is with him. I like it but is it something that can endure at this point in her life? I don't even know Emily or have a vested interest in her reputation but if you read any interviews she has done or noticed that Greenbrier was a family vacation stopping point for her I'd say that she didn't need to search out a meal ticket when she was dating Ricky. Greenbrier is a bit different from the tent trailer camping we did when I was a child.
    I don't think she searched out a meal ticket... I've read that the Hendricks were neighbors of hers when she was growing up. Maybe everybody in her neightborhood was wealthy. If she had never met Ricky, she could have met another wealthy man. Also, the vacations that we went on as a child were to natural settings, interesting places, or historical locations. We stayed at what seem to be any motel. I think it's odd to have a hotel as an ongoing vacation destination.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    ITA. Emily is a caricature - an updated Loni Anderson, a Barbie doll, and a character from the TV show “GCB”. Yes, she is beautiful and has a great figure, smiles a lot and seems very ‘nice’. But she has no substance. There is a vacant lot between her ears. Another thing . . .a couple of the guys who have a child seem to think that puts them ahead in the competition. I don’t think so – Emily wants someone who will fawn over her and especially Ricki 24/7. A stepchild would be competition.
    You're right: Emily is Nascar Barbie. She does seem nice, but there IS a vacant lot between her ears. And, she fawns over Ricki 24/7, so she will want her husband to do the same.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't think she searched out a meal ticket... I've read that the Hendricks were neighbors of hers when she was growing up. Maybe everybody in her neightborhood was wealthy. If she had never met Ricky, she could have met another wealthy man. Also, the vacations that we went on as a child were to natural settings, interesting places, or historical locations. We stayed at what seem to be any motel. I think it's odd to have a hotel as an ongoing vacation destination.
    I read that Ricky Hendricks father owns Nascar. As soon as I read that I thought hmm interesting that she accidentally became pregnant. I'm sure at 18 she didn't do it on purpose but it makes you think.
    fireflyer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I read that Ricky Hendricks father owns Nascar. As soon as I read that I thought hmm interesting that she accidentally became pregnant. I'm sure at 18 she didn't do it on purpose but it makes you think.
    Rick Hendricks, Ricki's grandfather, has an estimated net worth of $200 million dollars. While I was in a store during Brad's season, I read that Emily wasn't the main girlfriend of Rick Hendrick's son. Hendrick's real first and middle names are Joseph Riddick. Emily named her daughter Josephine Riddick.
    fireflyer and AlwaysVeg like this.

You have gone off topic for the show's content. Please take all Emily observations to Emily's thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    It does seem like the guys are ganging up on Kalon, and he is definitely the chosen villain for this season. However, I am willing to bet that the producers are egging it along when they get the guys in from of the camera and ask them questions about Kalon. So, add that to his entrance in a helicopter, and what we get is manufactured drama.

I thought that Ryan seems like a really nice and sweet guy, but I did think that the 6-page letter was a bit too much too soon. And I think that once he saw Tony walk up to get some time with Emily, he should have told her that she could read the letter later on .
    He had a rose and he was safe. Did he really need to have her read his book- I mean his letter. I dont see chemistry between those two.

I just didn't see him Kalon as the villain. I forget who was telling him to 'check it'(the single dad) but frankly he looked to be the loser, not Kalon.
    cantstopwatchin and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Watched the show last night, and I don't quite understand why everyone loves Ryan. Bland good looks, much like Emily, and his embarrassment at wearing a flowery apron means that he is the sort of manly man I wouldn't want a relationship with.
    fireflyer and Midol like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Watched the show last night, and I don't quite understand why everyone loves Ryan. Bland good looks, much like Emily, and his embarrassment at wearing a flowery apron means that he is the sort of manly man I wouldn't want a relationship with.
    I know, right? He said something twice about the apron - you'd think for the short time he was wearing it, he'd be able to laugh it off and not say a word.
    fireflyer likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I know, right? He said something twice about the apron - you'd think for the short time he was wearing it, he'd be able to laugh it off and not say a word.
    I haven't had a chance to watch the entire show, but I have to agree with this. He definitely seemed to feel his masculinity was being questioned while wearing that apron. I'm on the fence about this guy.

Plus, was anyone else bothered when, during their dinner conversation, he asked how Emily would feel having a 3rd person come into their family unit, and she said she would welcome having a man come in and 'take over' - she seemed to realize how that might sound as she then added "but of course I'd be in control" even though she would have apparently handed over obvious control to her husband.

I have absolutely no idea if she actually meant she subscribes to the "Man is the Head of the Household" train of thought, but it did make me pause at her even suggesting it. I get that as a single Mom with nobody to help her with childcare duties (although I do wonder if she has a nanny, actually) it can be really tiring and the idea of having someone to help/defer to is enticing ("ask your Dad"), it still seems a backward way of approaching this, in my eyes.
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

Closed Thread