Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

It does seem like the guys are ganging up on Kalon, and he is definitely the chosen villian for this season. However, I am willing to bet that the producers are egging it along when they get the guys in from of the camera and ask them questions about Kalon. So, add that to his entrance in a helicopter, and what we get is manufactured drama.

I thought that Ryan seems like a really nice and sweet guy, but I did think that the 6-page letter was a bit too much too soon. And I think that once he saw Tony walk up to get some time with Emily, he should have told her that she could read the letter later on and not take up more of her time. Ryan now is being perceived in a different light with the guys, which could cause some tension in the house. I don't think that that was his intention, but Emily did apologize to some of the guys that she did not get to spend time with right before the rose ceremony. So, that 15 - 20 minutes that it took for her to read that letter did deprive some guys of a chance to talk to Emily...not a good move on Ryan's part.

I was also surprised that Emily picked Joe for a one-on-one, over all of the other guys there. I really thought that Arie would have gotten a one-on-one this week, and he didn't even get a date!! But the previews seem to indicate that he does get alone time with Emily next week, possibly a one-on-one date.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Emily has any idea what it's like in the real world. She spends 24 hours a day thinking about her child, and doesn't have any money worries. Her husband could end up married to his job, with not enough time or energy left to think about her or Ricki.
    tango7, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I like how this season is being played out so far, and I loved the Muppet Date. Emily has already been on a "regular" season of The Bachelor. She knows what being in Fantasy Land can do to a relationship when you cross the border back into Real Life. I think she basically said to Fleiss "If you want me, you take me on MY terms" and they did it. When was the last time we saw real people other than the lead and the suitors on this show?? Emily is talking to her friends in the park. The people of Charlotte are around her and supporting her. This is the closest this show has EVER gotten to real life. I know that it is a TV show and is being manipulated to a point, but I also know that if Emily wants any chance of actually finding love, she needs to make it as real as possible. This is her way of doing it, and whether it's boring to some of us or not, that was her decision and the network agreed to it. I seriously think it's refreshing.

And I am not a parent because I have a somewhat impatient attitude about children. I have to say that Ricki has never ONCE given off a spoiled or snotty vibe. Just because a mother and child have money doesn't make them spoiled or entitled. I'm sure that part of the reason that Emily and Ricki are comfortable financially has something to do with Ricki's father and his family... but I'm sure if you asked Emily and Ricki if they'd rather have him back instead of the money they'd give it back in a heartbeat. I'm not going to begrudge her the financial security, and am frankly sad about how she got it.

I loved the Muppets too...I know showing my age but I remember them having a show every Friday night...and Cookie I agree with you, I think if given the choice Emily would give back every dime if it meant having Ricki again

I don't get the impression she is trying to get them to worship her in fact just the opposite I thinks she wishes they would stop whorshiping her so much and see her as a REAL person

as for the hard questions I think she is really trying to ask the questions she didn't ask with Brad and I really got the impression last night that she was saying without actually saying it that Brad enjoyed the chase but when he caught her he didn't really want her anymore and she is trying really hard to ask to those hard questions as to not fall into that trap again

I like a lot of the guys but I am not too fond of Arie...my gut just screams player and Kalon...can't put my finger on it but I just don't like him

the ones that have really stood out to me is Chris, Ryan, Jef, Sean and Doug as for the others I can't even remember half their names

need to add to Charlie to that list, he seems like a really nice guy
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 05-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I really liked the low key date that Emily and Ryan had. I can see that Emily is quite serious about this process and I love how she is keeping Rikki a priority through all of this. She really is a gorgeous girl. I loved the pink dress she was wearing at that hotel in WV, and the purple gown at the rose ceremony. She must be a winter like me lol. I would buy that pink dress if I knew how to lol.

Still too early for me to see a front runner in all of this yet in terms of the guys. I don't see what the big issue with Kalon is, must be more stuff going on than we are seeing. Stevie needs to go home, he's totally annoying. I like Arie a lot. Good looking, but not too good looking, and he seems really sweet. Charlie needs to overcome his shyness. Jef seems a bit too young, but I still like him. I hope we get more airtime with Sean, he's adorable.

Emily is kind of boring in some ways, but I am still finding myself enjoying the season so far.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

lots of info out on the web about both Kalon and Arie ...one of Kalon favorite things to say is he will only do mmmmmm things with supermodels those are the only ones good enough for him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I loved the Muppets too...I know showing my age but I remember them having a show every Friday night...and Cookie I agree with you, I think if given the choice Emily would give back every dime if it meant having Ricki again

I don't get the impression she is trying to get them to worship her in fact just the opposite I thinks she wishes they would stop whorshiping her so much and see her as a REAL person

as for the hard questions I think she is really trying to ask the questions she didn't ask with Brad and I really got the impression last night that she was saying without actually saying it that Brad enjoyed the chase but when he caught her he didn't really want her anymore and she is trying really hard to ask to those hard questions as to not fall into that trap again

I like a lot of the guys but I am not too fond of Arie...my gut just screams player and Kalon...can't put my finger on it but I just don't like him

the ones that have really stood out to me is Chris, Ryan, Jef, Sean and Doug as for the others I can't even remember half their names

need to add to Charlie to that list, he seems like a really nice guy
    I agree with the bold and I think that is one reason why she is intrigued by Jef. In the first episode he told her she looked amazing, but he is not repeating that sentiment every two seconds and I think Emily likes that about him. Now he just needs to show he is at least a little interested and not play too hard to get, and I think him and Emily would be really cute together.

At this point I feel like Emily really only likes Jef, Arie, and Chris and the rest are just there because she can't eliminate everyone.

I know she gave Ryan a rose on his date, but I was not feeling those two.

I am still wondering if Jef represents lost youth to Emily. She seems much younger and more carefree when she is with him. I like it but is it something that can endure at this point in her life?

I don't even know Emily or have a vested interest in her reputation but if you read any interviews she has done or noticed that Greenbrier was a family vacation stopping point for her I'd say that she didn't need to search out a meal ticket when she was dating Ricky. Greenbrier is a bit different from the tent trailer camping we did when I was a child.
    ilja and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't think Emily has any idea what it's like in the real world. She spends 24 hours a day thinking about her child, and doesn't have any money worries. Her husband could end up married to his job, with not enough time or energy left to think about her or Ricki.
    ITA. Emily is a caricature - an updated Loni Anderson, a Barbie doll, and a character from the TV show “GCB”. Yes, she is beautiful and has a great figure, smiles a lot and seems very ‘nice’. But she has no substance. There is a vacant lot between her ears.

Another thing . . .a couple of the guys who have a child seem to think that puts them ahead in the competition. I don’t think so – Emily wants someone who will fawn over her and especially Ricki 24/7. A stepchild would be competition.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    ITA. Emily is a caricature - an updated Loni Anderson, a Barbie doll, and a character from the TV show “GCB”. Yes, she is beautiful and has a great figure, smiles a lot and seems very ‘nice’. But she has no substance. There is a vacant lot between her ears.
    Another thing . . .a couple of the guys who have a child seem to think that puts them ahead in the competition. I don’t think so – Emily wants someone who will fawn over her and especially Ricki 24/7. A stepchild would be competition.
    LOL, perfect description. I agree that these dads who think that gives them an advantage are kidding (no pun intended) themselves. Not only does Emily want Ricki to be the center of attention in any "family" she forms with a guy, I don't think she wants to dilute her attention to Ricki by mothering a child she didn't give birth to. If she has more children of her own with a husband, that would be a different story. Just speculation, but I'm willing to bet her final picks will not be the guys with kids.
    fireflyer and Midol like this.