Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/21 The Bachelorette 8 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Emily has the luxury of being a stay-at-home-mother... she lives in a nice house on a tree-lined street; drives her daughter to soccer practice in a new car; bakes chocolate chip cookies from scratch... and does it all without a husband who pays for her lifestyle. During Brad's season, I thought that Emily paid for her own house with the "job" she had raising money for the children's hospital. Emily gets to spend time with Ricki, but what about the entire crew not being able to spend time with their families in L.A.? I thought I heard crowd noises during Emily's dinner with Ryan. There was a crowd: the whole town was watching the date through the front window of the restaurant. Also, I'm surprised that Tony got a rose. He seemed creepy: standing there and scowling for fifteen minutes.
    Pandora2 likes this.

She doesn't seem to have much natural dialogue. I hope it is just nerves/not knowing the guys well but the "Where's Jeff and then using it again with the where's Kalon" was annoying. Telling Doug how hot is is was weird too. I didn't find him all that good looking face on but when he was standing by the pool I found him better looking. The calling out of Kalon was a bit over the top, though. Almost as if the producers encouraged him not to let it go.

I was glad to see Emily send someone home on the one to one date. It suggests to me that she is really taking this seriously and will work hard to weed out some of the guys.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

I have never seen a show with Emily before, and I am glad after this episode. She is boring as all, and she has absolutely no specialness to her at all. I cannot see much to her aside from her looks that would interest a guy at all, and that can only last for awhile.

As for the guys, Ryan writing that letter was stupid. That is a letter for a man to give his future wife the night before a wedding or something. That was over the top crazy. He is cute and all, but he seems as vague as her.

She really wants all the guys to worship her. She asks them questions that the answers have to come across as they are dying to be with her. She really is shallow.

I see no sparks with any guy yet, and so far the only thing interesting is the show produced drama which normally I hate, but is the only thing to watch.
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

I have an eye candy crush on Sean. He hasn't received enough screen time for me to have any other foundation for it. I think that Ryan's hair is trying too hard to hide balding and it was annoying me. *I get easily annoyed :p
    Midol likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I absolutely loved the colour of the rose ceremony dress. EDIT because I found the answer.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

The more I think about last night's episode, the more I'm liking Emily. For only being 26, she really does have her head on straight and I think she's keeping things real. [And by real, I mean that she's showing the guys Ricki is the most important person in her life and that even dates would involve her in some way.] I can't wait to see her continue to interrogate the guys - I esp. love how she asks them "what does that mean?" when they feed her some silly line. She's not going to let them get away with that and is trying to get to the meat of the answer - good for her! I'm excited to see how things continue.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I just pretended I was booking a vacation at the Greenbrier and wow is it expensive! Maybe a special 25th anniversary holiday but certainly not a every summer type of thing. We could go to Hawaii for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Finally someone agrees with me. I'm so disappointed...it really is very boring.
    Yes! I keep hoping they will begin a good love story soon, I'm always a sucker for a good romantic story, otherwise it's like watching paint dry... We know Emily is a Mom first and foremost, but come on, even Mom's have some fun!!
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whimzeegal View Post
    I just think like Rikki seems like such a little brat. You'd think they would fit with Kalon they are all rich spoiled children.
    I didn't get a bratty vibe off of her at all. She just seems like a very lucky little girl in the material world (and the experience of being on stage with the muppets) but in the end she is still a little girl who doesn't have a daddy and big houses, toys etc. Don't make up for that.
    Moontat and ilja like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Emily's Blog is posted in her blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread