Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The Bachelorette 8 (Emily) Weekly Rundown *Comments Accepted*

Re: The Bachelorette 8 (Emily) Weekly Rundown *Comments Accepted*

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    EPISODE 9After reading the fantasy suite card, he turns Emily’s table around and declines the invite as it is inappropriate at this time, in this place, to get horizontal as both families will be watching. He gets a tad poetic when he says they should bridle their passion. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t want to spend extra time with him, though. No hot tub, but an enormous carved day bed serves as their kissing platform.
    Sigh. Sends me reeling. Thanks, Arielflies.

I read a twitter exchange on another forum where someone commended Jef on his fantasy suite decision and his response was ... male by birth, gentleman by choice. The gentleman part reminded me of Reid's response in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dog2kids View Post
    I read a twitter exchange on another forum where someone commended Jef on his fantasy suite decision and his response was ... male by birth, gentleman by choice. The gentleman part reminded me of Reid's response in Spain.
    Love it!!
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by 1dog2kids View Post
    I know people are always coming down on him but he really knows his stuff he seems to have quotes to pull out for any occasion. He fits the "hipster" character to a T
    Alexxxx likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I know people are always coming down on him but he really knows his stuff he seems to have quotes to pull out for any occasion. He fits the "hipster" character to a T
    At least he's consistent, however ...

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” ~ Oscar Wilde <--- (see how I gave credit to the author of the quote? Jeff, take note)
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    At least he's consistent, however ...

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” ~ Oscar Wilde <--- (see how I gave credit to the author of the quote? Jeff, take note)
    you are so right
    Alexxxx likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

EPISODE 10

THE MEN TELL ALL

After introductory remarks, Chris sits down with Emily to talk about some moments of the season. He starts off by acknowledging she can’t let us in on what is to come – an AMAZING finale.

Emily reveals dating is hard with a daughter, in real life and as the Bachelorette. In Charlotte, the guys’ house was right down the street from her house so she was able to carry on her normal life during those first couple of weeks. They show clips from the Ryan date to prove this…though they back it with clown music.

Ryan is shown in all his foot in mouth disease glory from, “I won’t love as much on you,” (which Emily rates in the top three dumb comments by men) to Trophy Wife, which hurt her a little because she wants to be loved for her heart and not for being The Bachelorette. For all that and trying to armor herself against his sweet charm (think smooth con man) he almost got to her.

She gave Kalon and early break, because she thought he was being judged on appearance by the guys and they were too hard on him. She felt that if she kept him around long enough, she would finally see his true colors, and she was right. Duh! The baggage comment still makes her blood boil, and she is still angry. She thinks that if she had given him the group date rose in Bermuda rather than Jef, Kalon would not have made those remarks in London. She tags it to jealousy of the other guys and that Kalon is used to being a big fish in a small pond.

As they show the scene of Doug kissing her in the rain, she tells Chris that it was so awkward. She says she had been giving him the “kiss me” signals all along; their first date in Bermuda would have been the perfect time. Chris, “Clearly the chemistry not there.” Understatement, Chris, really.

BLOOPER REEL (shown throughout the show, but combined here.) Oh - ABC has green-lighted a Blooper Show.

During her date with Joe at the Greenbriar, she spills wine on her very favorite gown and cusses. Then tells us that the worst part is she says, “Oh, no, I said bleep in front of my date.”

Travis invites her to help put Shelly the egg to bed and in what she calls, “Not one of my proudest moments” encourages her to sing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” Emily truly cannot sing.

Travis, a southern boy, took on Shakespeare with what he called possibly an Irish accent.

When Arie and Emily indulged in one of their deep kisses outside the door of his parent’s house, his brothers were spying on them from behind the bushes and giggling. Emily tells Chris she had no idea they were there.

Chris’ bad dancing skills on the downtown Charlotte date are highlighted. She tried to teach awkward Chris the Running Man. Chris H offers her $4 to see her do the Running Man right then and there. She demurs as she doesn’t have the right shoes on, but promises to do it on the ATFR.

After the guys are introduced, Chris says: It happens every time…25 guys, one hot blonde and what do you get – drama, jealousy and…a little bit crazy.

Various quotes from the guys are played on screen as they comment about trying to get Emily’s attention. Kalon, “The man-claws are officially out.” They show scenes of the ageism conflict between Doug and Chris; Michael telling us that Doug is between 80 and 90% of the confrontations; Doug’s humbleness before his date and the guys ribbing him; Kalon’s pomposity irritating everyone; Ryan’s cockiness irritating everyone.

Chris: Are you ready to meet these guys? How many do you think you’ll actually sleep with?

Emily: All twenty-five.

Chris: That would be a record.

Brett’s name tag falls off after he sticks it to his jacket at the meet and greet.

Ryan makes fun of the strong wind in Bermuda by falling over.

The wind on a Charlotte rooftop blows over a decorative tree right behind Emily and Chris B.

The wind on the Bermuda waters also plays havoc with hair and air horns.

It blows over the umbrella shading Jef and Emily on his hometown date.

Doug strips to the buff before heading for the shower; John strips to his shorts and runs into the trees; Chris shows too much (goes commando) to Doug when he sits in his kilt for the Maide Leish competition.

Emily puts on a QEII mask and asks…”Who is the best for Emily?” as a short montage of guys is played. She pulls up the mask and says, “You know I’m not good at role playing.”

One of the first night guys imitates Chris and the last rose tonight.

Waldorf asks Chris if he has ever thought about having any Muppets on his show.

Chris: Well, we did have Jake Pavelka. (knee slap)

Chris to Emily: What is your type?

Emily: Maybe someone with tattoos and homeless looking. (She covers her face with her hands.)

Montage of falls starts with Jef’s PI, “I’m definitely falling for Emily.” He falls off the paddleboard, Doug and John fall over thresholds, and someone falls off his motor bike in Bermuda.

SNEAK PEAK

An extended sneak peak of Bachelor Pad 3 takes up the next 10 minute segment. If this show is one of your summer guilty pleasures, look for it as it takes over the Bachelorette spot on Mondays at 8/7 PM.

See the contestant list in the Bachelor Pad Forum http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelor-pad-2/92939-bp-3-cast-announcements-speculation.html to view the names attached to the bodies careening across the screen.

One thing of note is that Chris Butowski, he of the melt down when let go, has moved on in sleazy fashion.

THE MEN

Randy, Aaron, Joe, Charlie, Stevie, Allesandro, Travis, Nate, Michael, Alejandro fill up the back row. Kalon (boos) Ryan, Doug, John, Tony, Chris, Sean (blushes when he receives biggest cheers) make up the front row.

Those in the back row, with the exception of Charlie, don’t get many of their comments aired. All the edited action comes from the front row.

Sean tells of his entry out of the limo about how nervous he was. John agreed that they were nervous. Others chime in with their nerves. Yes, they were nervous. I mean add nerves to meeting the one hot blonde which leads to sipping a little too much to drama, jealousy and a little bit crazy.

Chris admits he cared about “that girl” so much that he was a little over the top. Then he calls out Doug (who throws up his hands saying “not again”) and snips at Ryan that he is just as confident as he, but this was Emily’s show, not Ryan’s. SNAP. Chris tells Ryan that Ryan being there for the wrong reasons offended him…Ryan comes back with, “You were offended about a lot of things.” Okay…moving on as Ryan gets a hot seat later.

Kalon, he of the centered ego, didn’t recognize that he put a target on his back with his arrival by helicopter. He also gets a hot seat later.

Charlie is upset that he went home before Kalon. Speaking to the problem of Kalon being a snob, Stevie (Jersey with a boom box) reminds Kalon that he called him out on the first episode. When asked who he is now friends with from the house, he responds, Chris and Tony – both of whom appear with him on BP3.

THE HOT SEAT

Kalon: Introduced by Chris as the most hated guy on the show from night one. They show a montage of his time before Chris drags out the coals ready for barbeque Kalon. He didn’t know the Bachelorette would be Emily when he first signed up, but once he found out, he felt he was committed. He thought it would be a stain on his character if he pulled out because she had a child. (C’mon – Kalon…by going on the show, your character took an even greater hit.) Kalon explains his telling Emily to run along during the rehearsal for Shakespeare that it was very cold and she was ill and she should go inside. (Of course it didn’t come off that way, as we remember.)

Chris: Why not say – Hey, sweetie it’s cold outside. Go get some soup and warm up. Instead it’s like – Hey, piss off.

When Kalon tries to explain his rudeness as him not being in his environment, Joe breaks in calling B.S. That Kalon was there for the glitz and the glamour. Kalon owns up to not having a filter like his friend, Ryan. Ryan gives him the fish eye as once again Kalon has stepped in it. Kalon still thinks Ricki is Emily’s baggage. But, he says, he’s getting a bad rap because for some reason everyone in America wants things sugar coated.

Another of Sean’s huge cheers comes when he breaks in and says that if you truly want to win a woman’s heart and you want to find love, you embrace every part of her; part of Emily is Ricki.

Chris wraps up the hot seat with a stunned looking Kalon by promoting the fact that Kalon is on Bachelor Pad 3.

Summary: Kalon – I ‘m not rude in my element

Ryan: Ryan, with his newly sculpted beard, sits to watch his montage. He puts forth that his confidence is high, but doesn’t think of himself as arrogant. He says arrogance is a false sense of confidence. A stumbling Chris B. tries to get out a comment, but Ryan keeps interrupting him and Chris’ ire gets raised. Before coming on the MTA, Ryan read his journal and realized it was never fully about Emily, but him finding his wife. After exchanges with Chris B. and John, Chris H. wonders and asks Ryan if he just might be an arrogant ass, which cracks up the guys and the audience. Ryan – “No Chance.” Chris H. reassures the audience that ABC is not considering Ryan for Bachelor; not going to happen.

Summary: Ryan – I’m not an arrogant ass, just very confident and funny, too.

Chris B.: As Chris watches his montage; I notice that he seems focused; perhaps too focused. He bemoans that he took her home to meet his family, which was his goal, tells her he loves her…everything is so perfect…and she sends him home. He was really, really hurt. He says when he really fights for something, if he comes across as angry, then that is how he comes across. He fights because of his philosophy that we can be here today and gone tomorrow. However, Emily made him a believer in taking risks for love. See his new approach on Bachelor Pad 3.

Summary: Chris B was hurt because he wanted Emily too much; but is appreciative of the experience.

Sean: Chris introduces him as the man America thought was the best for Emily. We watch his montage while Chris leaves the question in the air…what went wrong? When we come back, Sean says it is tough to watch; it is tough to see Emily so emotional. He fell in love with her and still has very strong feelings for her. He truly did believe that she could be his wife and was totally blindsided. He wondered what he was missing. Did he not bring something to the table that Arie or Jef did. The emotion that pops up for him is inadequate. He still has feelings for her that won’t fade overnight. He misses her. This is his first broken heart. His family has been his support system that helped him move forward. He wants what his parents have so badly. He can’t wait to find love and hopes she comes around sooner rather than later. (Oh, I smell possible future Bachelor here…)

Summary: Sean needs to heal his broken heart, sooner rather than later.

EMILY

Emily comes out in a tight red dress with her hair long and straight to be greeted by a standing ovation from her men.

Tony rushes up to give her a quick hug before slinking back to his seat.

After greeting everyone she singles out Sean and says that she really did feel like she was falling in love. She tells Sean that while watching the episode (Fantasy Dates) she did the ugly cry. She reassures him that everything she felt for him was true, genuine and real for her. Sean appreciates her saying that and he never questioned her sincerity. He thanks her for opening up his eyes and now he knows what he wants. Emily exclaims…”I mean, what girl wouldn’t want Sean!” (This is another poke at a possible Sean future with the franchise.)

Chris B tells her she opened his eyes to something he had questions about…he really thought she was it, but now he knows she isn’t the one for him. He thanks her for opening his eyes to falling in love.

With Doug, she says she had never had her break up talk and first kiss with someone at the same time. Doug admits to reading the whole thing wrong. She does tell him that not giving him the group date rose in London (one wasn’t handed out) is her one regret.

Emily: I could be engaged to Kalon right now; and thank God for Doug.

Speaking of Kalon…she was angry and disappointed with herself for not being quicker to see his character. As Kalon says he is sorry for the way things went down between them, Emily tightens her face. Uh, oh. Emily retorts, “And you my dear should be a politician, because that is the biggest load of bleep I’ve ever heard.” She brings up something that has happened post show – a post was sent to her computer with a picture of a baggage claim sign and Kalon’s message, “I thought I’d see Emily Maynard here.” He thinks it was a joke, she doesn’t. She hopes that he finds faith in something bigger than his Prada shoes and rented helicopter. In other words, Emily ain’t takin’ no guff from this man ever again.

She wonders at herself for almost falling for Ryan’s lines. She says he is that guy who is a sweet talker and very good at it. He pops in with he will be sweet talking his wife every day while she is saying that he talks around questions, but at the same time…in the end it was a matter of beliefs not lining up.

Chris says good-bye to Emily and tells the audience that everyone will have to wait until the Finale and ATFR to see how Emily’s journey ends.

FINAL 2 REVIEWS or KISSING THE BLARNY STONE

One of these two warriors will win Emily’s heart…or will he? Perhaps Emily takes the role of Merida to heart and claims her own hand.

Emily: My connection with Arie was immediate. We just really hit it off from the first time we talked. Arie definitely has that edge that I’ve been talking about since night one. He’s so sweet, so thoughtful, so attentive; he makes me laugh so much. My very first kiss with Arie on the merry- go- round in Dollywood gave me, like literally, chills. The most perfect kiss imaginable.

Arie: Since the beginning, Emily and I have just gotten each other. There’s such chemistry between us – it’s hard to even talk. I mean, we always want to be kissing each other. It’s like having your best friend next to you at all times and I feel like we can have an amazing future together. Emily is the love of my life. I feel like I’ve been waiting all my life to find, to find Emily. We’ve all had love in our lives and you, know sometime love fails and you lose, but this time, you know, this could be the checkered flag. This could be my victory. I’m looking forward to meeting Ricki, I’m ready to be a stepfather, and I’m ready to start our lives together. I think we have something that transcends the show; something that could last a lifetime. There’s only one thing left to do… get down on one knee and ask for her hand in marriage.

Emily: My very first impression of Jef was that he was just too cool; like literally, too cool for me. Jef and I did get off to a slower start. Jef is really hard for me to read. I never really knew how he felt about me. It has taken a little bit longer for us to feel that comfortable. Then our date in London changed everything. Once we had that first kiss and our first date, it was just like on from there. I love so many things about Jef. He makes me laugh, brings me out of my shell. I just love how comfortable I feel with him. He gets me in a way that nobody else does. But I think it wasn’t until Prague and our marionette date that I just…fell hard.

Jef: I’m crazy in love with Emily. And every moment I spend with her, I just fall more and more in love. I just want like a life with Emily. I think I’d be the luckiest guy in the world to have a future with Emily. The way it worked out was just like magic. It’s all come together, like so perfectly. The thought of Ricki being in my life and us having kids together, like nothing makes me happier. I can see us laying in bed together and having kids come run in…we’d be a family. I feel like it’s fate and we’re meant to be. I just want to hold her hand until like I’m 110. I feel like we’ll have a love that makes the storybooks jealous.

PREVIEW

Scenes of Emily crying, the two men, counsel from her parents, more tears with counsel from Chris.

Chris: You feel like at his point you are betraying both of them. Your mind is made up here, you are done.

Oh, my…such a teaser Chris. Whatever could it mean? Tune in Sunday the 22nd for the emotional FINALE AND LIVE ATFR.

CREDIT ROLL

Chris teases Emily about watching cat videos on You Tube. Emily admits to making videos of her own cats and we see footage. She says that after this is all done, she might start up a You Tube channel. She says that while people say they have tea cup Chihuahuas, she has mini-lions.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thanks for doing this.

Is there any chance at all that the betraying both guys statement suggests that Emily decides it was Sean after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    EPISODE 10
    Chris: Are you ready to meet these guys? How many do you think you’ll actually sleep with?

Emily: All twenty-five.

Chris: That would be a record.
    This cracked me up! Obviously she doesn't take herself too seriously, or she never would have joked about that!
    jaytwo likes this.

I was disappointed in the bloopers- I thought there would be more. I didn't need to know that Chris went commando when he wore a kilt( shudder)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast