Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Emily's Blog

The Bachelorette: Emily Maynard Worried Brad or Bentley Would Show Up : People.com

Emily Maynard Worried About Brad or Bentley Showing Up on The Bachelorette

By Emily Maynard

First of all, I can't even begin to say how grateful and blessed I feel to be The Bachelorette. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the entire idea and I just hope I can do as good of a job as the ladies who have held this honor in the past.

It was a big decision to come back. And to be honest, I didn't know if I wanted to put myself through all of this again. I was in love with Brad and what we had was very real and true, but when things didn't work out with him, I was reminded that sometimes when people grow they grow apart. I never want that to happen to me again and it is scary to try to find love in the same way that it had fallen apart for me not that long ago.

I can't tell you how many times I said no, but I know that God allows us to meet people at the right time and I just hope more than anything that this is the right time for me. I put a lot of pressure on myself to make it work this time because I've been in this situation before and in a way feel as though I've already had my chance. I'm so lucky to be here again and promise it's going to be a great season!

It's always scary meeting new people for the first time, especially like this! I wasn't sure if I would like any of the guys or if any of the guys would like me, but so many of my fears were calmed after just the first limo. Every guy that stepped out made me feel so comfortable and put the biggest smile on my face as they tried to impress me. As nervous as I was, I remember getting out of the limo to meet Brad not that long ago and it was honestly one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my life. I tried to remember that as I spoke to each of the guys and make it my goal to help them feel as comfortable as possible in this crazy experience.

I definitely felt a connection with a few of the guys and it made me confident that my decision to come back was worth it. So many of the guys stood out to me. Even though he was the last to show up, I think I have to start by acknowledging Kalon. What an entrance! As the helicopter was landing a million thoughts were going through my mind. I remember standing there confused, not knowing what to expect, but I also knew whoever stepped out was obviously trying to make a huge impression ... I was extremely nervous that it was Brad or possibly Bentley! I was relieved to see a fresh face.

As extravagant as the helicopter was, Jef showing up on the skateboard was way more impressive in my mind! I immediately loved that he wasn't trying to impress me with some over the top entrance, but was clearly confident enough in himself that he didn't need all of that extra "stuff." He's obviously a free spirit but I was surprised at how soft spoken and sweet he was after talking to him.

Anyone who knows me knows I have an extreme love for shoes, so Tony hit it out of the park with his glass slipper entrance. He did a great job making a memorable impression because as he walked away he made me realize how much I want the fairytale ending and how this time I really hope the glass slipper fits and I find my Prince Charming!

Last but not least, Doug. What a sweetheart! The letter his son wrote to me was one of the sweetest things I have ever received and if anyone can appreciate how hard it is being away from their child, it's me. I'm so grateful that Doug took a chance on love, and I was honored that he saw something in me that made it worth it for him to come. It meant a lot and I wanted him to know that I would take a chance on him too and that's why I gave him the first impression rose.

All in all it was a great night and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have 25 incredible guys vying for my attention. Thanks for watching and most of all, for all of your support! It means the absolute world to me to feel so much love from y'all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Emily's Blog

She's such a sweetheart and I loved her confidence.
    NEPASue likes this.

Bachelorette Emily Maynard PEOPLE Blog: Sending Joe Home : People.com

Emily Maynard Blogs: Meeting the Muppets vs. Sending Home Joe

By Emily Maynard

First of all, let me start by saying I hope you all enjoyed watching the dates on The Bachelorette this week as much as I loved being on them! I don't have any clue what I did to deserve this many great guys, but to say I'm thankful is an understatement. I especially love that I was able to get some of the guys out of the house and show them around the beautiful city of Charlotte. Most of them had never been here before and had no clue there was this much going on!

From the very first night I knew Ryan was someone that I would really get along with and couldn't wait to spend more time with him. Now I know he was probably expecting some crazy, fabulous, over-the-top date and to be honest, I was worried about telling him what we were actually going to be doing.

It really was my turn as "Snack Mom," and I was willing to risk Ryan being a little disappointed over facing the wrath of a soccer team full of hungry 6-year-olds! Ryan is such a great guy: He jumped right into my daily chores and even offered to replace light bulbs while the cookies were baking.

I was nervous to have him come over to my house, so that morning I was running around like a crazy lady with curlers in my hair making sure everything was clean and in the perfect spot. For dinner I took him to one of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte, Osso, and trust me when I say I've never had a welcome like that any of the times I've been there and since most of the crowd were girls, I'm thinking it had more to do with my handsome date than me!

I could've sat and talked to Ryan for hours, but I couldn't wait to surprise him with one of my favorite bands, Gloriana, outside! Ryan impressed me in so many ways all day and he definitely set the bar high for the rest of the guys.

Muppet Time

I really hope I didn't completely scare Kermit and Miss Piggy off because as soon as I walked into their dressing room I started crying I was so happy. I've been watching The Muppets since I was my daughter's age and I remember standing in the room with them thinking, "How in the world did this become my life?"

As amazing as it was to meet them, I was terrified at the thought of having to perform on a stage, much less having to walk down a flight of stairs in front of an audience of all of my friends in six-inch heels, but it truly was a once in a lifetime experience. When I called Ricki's name to come sing on stage, I have never seen that child run so fast in all my life! I know that neither of us will ever forget that day.

I'm so grateful to The Muppets and especially the guys for going out of the comfort zone and raising over $20,000 for the Levine Children's Hospital. By the time we got to the afterparty we were all exhausted and I hope that's the reason behind Kalon and Stevie's disagreement, because I still can't figure out why they dislike each other so much. I had no idea any of that was going on!

All day, I could tell just by looking at Jef that he was wondering what in the world he had gotten himself into. I immediately wanted to comfort him because I remember thinking the same thing on my first group date with Brad. I decided to give him the rose because I wanted him to give this whole experience a chance – I truly believe it can work if the right two people find each other.

I was so excited to bring Joe to The Greenbriar in my home state of West Virginia, a place where I have so many childhood memories. Joe has such a great energy that it's almost impossible to be around him and not have a good time.

My family and I would come to The Greenbriar growing up, so it was crazy to swim in the same pool as an adult and Joe made it that much more fun. He's such a sweet, genuine guy but during dinner while we were writing down our "love wishes," I realized that we just weren't right for each other.

Joe made me laugh all day, said all of the right things, and couldn't have been more of a gentleman, but I knew that we were just in different place in our lives. I had watched the show before and seen people sent home on dates and always wondered, "How hard can it really be? You barely even know each other!" Let me be the first to say I was absolutely wrong!

I never imagined I would be doing the "ugly cry" on my second date, but it wasn't because I thought I was breaking Joe's heart by any means. We've all had someone tell us that we're not the one for them and it's never an easy thing to hear no matter how well you know the person. I just hated having to look at a guy that had done nothing wrong all day and be that girl. Knowing what a funny guy Joe is, though, he probably skipped to the limo and made the driver laugh just as much as he made me and all of the other guys in the house laugh.

I'm so excited for you all to get to know the guys even better and see why I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Maybe I'm biased but I feel like this is the best group yet! I'm looking forward to next week's episode and can't wait to relive a moment that will forever go down as one of my all time favorite memories!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelorette Emily Maynard Blogs : People.com

Emily Maynard Blogs: Meeting Dolly Parton and Confronting a Vampire Detector

By Emily Maynard

Hey, everyone! I can honestly say that this episode had some of my very favorite dates!

I've lived in Charlotte for a long time, but I never in a million years imagined I'd be climbing the wall of a museum that Ricki and I go to often. Judging by Chris's face when the ropes came down the side of the building, I think he would've rather been at my house carrying in all my groceries like Ryan did last week!

As scary as it was climbing up the side of the building, the fact that there was a huge storm heading our way made it that much worse. Not only was I scared of falling, but also of getting struck by lightening!

My conversations with Chris are always so easy and I feel so comfortable around him, so dinner went great. I was so surprised to hear that he was only 25 years old, because he's so mature and I always assumed he was older than I. The very first night Chris and I bonded over our love of country music, so after I found out Luke Bryan was going to be performing, I knew he was the perfect guy for this date. And to have Luke Bryan as the soundtrack to our very first kiss made it that much more memorable!

Keep Friends Handy

I've always tried to surround myself with people I trust, so I thought what better way to get to know these guys than to have my best girlfriends meet them? This date was one of my favorites, not only because I got to sit around and girl-talk with my friends, but I also got to see a completely different side of the guys.

I think every Bachelor/Bachelorette should get to have their best friends on call, because they saw a lot of things that I never would've known! One of my biggest fears going through all of this is that I'll get to the end with the person I truly think could be my husband, only to find they saw me as a trophy at the end of a game that they just won. I want the person I fall in love with to fall in love with my heart, not my appearance, so that's why Ryan's comment really struck a chord with me.

At the after party I knew there was something wrong with Tony, so when I found him so upset outside I felt awful. I know first-hand how hard it is to be away from your child, and that's why my heart just broke for him. As great as Tony is, I couldn't look at him and know without a doubt that in the end he was going to be my guy, and for that reason I didn't feel right about keeping him away from his son any longer.

He was so sweet and gracious that it was hard for me to watch him drive away, but I knew he had an excited 5-year-old waiting for him at home. I gave Sean the date rose because not only did my friends love him, but we had an almost instant connection that I feel really began on this date.

To say that I was nervous before my date with Arie is an understatement! I swear, I think I changed my outfit 20 times before I was pulled out of my house, because I just wanted everything to go perfectly. As nervous as I was, within five minutes of being in the car with Arie, he had me laughing so hard my stomach hurt!

Hooray for Dollywood

I took Arie to one of my favorite places, Dollywood, and being from Holland, he didn't quite understand my obsession with Dolly Parton but he was still such a great sport about it all. The entire day was so perfect that I didn't think anything would make it more memorable, but as soon as I heard Dolly Parton's voice I could have died! I don't think I've ever been so shocked in my life!

She has truly been one of my idols since I was a little girl, and I think every song on my "Top Played Songs" playlist on my iPod is a Dolly song. She couldn't have been sweeter or more down to earth, and I can't say thank you enough to her for making my childhood dream come true!

But even if she hadn't shown up on the date, I would still say that my date with Arie will always go down as one of my favorites, because we had an instant connection that I was worried I wouldn't find coming back as the Bachelorette. Not only is Arie a gorgeous man, but he has a heart of gold and he's a great kisser! Does it get any better than that?

The rose ceremony was crazy, to say the least! Alessandro's comments definitely threw me for a loop, but that wasn't even the craziest thing he said. What you all didn't get to see is that he thinks of himself as a "Vampire Detector" and let me know that not only was there a vampire in the house, but he also had me join him in the woods, which explains my combat boots as I was walking him out.

When he took me out to his special place in the woods, I saw that he had hung crosses from every limb on every tree and in that moment I knew we were living on completely different planets. I do appreciate Alessandro's honesty, but maybe he should try to keep a house plant alive before we test his skills out on my daughter!

Thanks for watching!
    Emily

What you all didn't get to see is that he thinks of himself as a "Vampire Detector" and let me know that not only was there a vampire in the house, but he also had me join him in the woods, which explains my combat boots as I was walking him out.

When he took me out to his special place in the woods, I saw that he had hung crosses from every limb on every tree and in that moment I knew we were living on completely different planets.

I"m rather shocked they did not show this on TV. That would have been funny.
    fireflyer, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

His hair was so terrible.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    His hair was so terrible.
    He looked like a Muppet
    tbamom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    What you all didn't get to see is that he thinks of himself as a "Vampire Detector" and let me know that not only was there a vampire in the house, but he also had me join him in the woods, which explains my combat boots as I was walking him out.

When he took me out to his special place in the woods, I saw that he had hung crosses from every limb on every tree and in that moment I knew we were living on completely different planets.

I"m rather shocked they did not show this on TV. That would have been funny.
    I'm wondering if they didn't purely b/c they didn't want to ruin him completely b/c that's something a person could never come back from. With Emily writing it, we can still imagine it in our heads but it wouldn't be as bad as actually seeing him trying to convince her. I'm going to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt on this one.

That said - Alessandro is CRAZY!! I was absolutely floored with his comments to Emily about compromise as well as to her friends re: his 3rd cousin. Maybe where he comes from, that's acceptable? IDK.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

3rd cousin isn't that bad. it means they had a great great grandparent in common. A lot of first and second cousins are practically raised together, or at least at the same family gatherings on holidays. I don't know that I have ever even met a third cousin of mine. I don't think is is a big deal

that said, I can't wait to see crazy Alessandro on Bachelor Pad!

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Well once I started doing the family ancestry.. my husband joked and said .. "let me know when you find out how we are related" .. within a couple of weeks .. I had my answer .. we're something like 5th cousins a couple times removed .. there was this Brother (my line) and Sister (his line) that married into our resulting families (something like my 4th great grandfather and his 3rd great grandmother ... ) I don't exactly remember the connection without looking it up...

But Allessandro was coming across as definitely different from all the rest! And if he truly is a gypsy .. his heritage is the man provides the woman has "his" babies... not making excuses for him but I'm surprised he even went on that show if he has gypsy beliefs...
    Wasting away another summer...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast