Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I'd say she may have already learned the hard way ... losing Ricky's daddy and bad judgement with accepting Brad.

She keeps talking about being "fundamentally the same" and in her case I am not certain what that means because she has never really spelled it out ... at least that I recall.

Thus, I can only guess is that what she wants is to have it her way.

Personally, I thought both Chris' and Arie's families were the most real and un-pretentious. Sean's seemed a tad aloof and Jef's missing parents screams 'proceed with caution' to me.

Maybe by fundamentals, she means the overall best fit for her and Ricky ... and she seems to better fit where the $$$'s are.
    Good points. She told more than one family that she and their son/brother share "fundamentals," but was never specific. What does that mean to her?

I liked Sean's family. I think they all had to be a bit stone-faced at first so as not to give away the joke that was being played about Sean living at home, and they all knew Emily was in for a shock when she saw that mess. As a vegan, I could have done without the sight of that dead armadillo on a platter, though, but that's neigher here nor there except it shows they have a sense of humor.

Emily does have to "follow the money." She has no resume, no job plans, just wants to have kids kids and more kids (if you believe that), so somebody has to finance that. The Hendricks will pay for Ricki but not a whole slew of more children.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Can you really help who you fall in love with?
    No. But nobody falls in love on this show. They fall in infatuation.

Every couple that has had a real relationship out of this show has said that the 'falling in love' part happened after the show, when they got to know each other. Most of them never fell in love, and in fact fell out of infatuation pretty quickly when they got to know each other.

But, on this show you can help who you choose to allow to the end with you. And it appears to me that Mi$$ Emily had some very $trick criteria in that area.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I'd say she may have already learned the hard way ... losing Ricky's daddy and bad judgment with accepting Brad.

She keeps talking about being "fundamentally the same" and in her case I am not certain what that means because she has never really spelled it out ... at least that I recall.

Thus, I can only guess is that what she wants is to have it her way.

Personally, I thought both Chris' and Arie's families were the most real and un-pretentious. Sean's seemed a tad aloof and Jef's missing parents screams 'proceed with caution' to me.

Maybe by fundamentals, she means the overall best fit for her and Ricky ... and she seems to better fit where the $$$'s are.
    I quite liked Chris parents( Chris was a dork) and a filler for the show.So I am sorry they got dragged in. Sean's family was aloof?? seriously! I thought they were more outgoing( and fun ) than any family I have seen on this show.

Aries were rude, very very rude.I would never do that, and I could. My in-laws did it to me ONCE, they never did it again.But I think that was all set up. His weird mum with her evening gown taking her to the bedroom to chat? ( set up for sure)

As for Jef, we dont know if his parents are on mission or not - and as my aunt and uncle are Mormon, they can't come back. So it screamed nothing to me

Each to their own I guess. This show makes me LOL most of the time As for Emily learning. I am older than her and still learning, and I will never stop.Life changes all the time, and we adapt accordingly

But nobody falls in love on this show. They fall in infatuation
    Or in lust or whatever it is .We all know that while watching it though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I personally don't find anything wrong with wanting a responsible husband and children as close in age as possible to my other children. I don't find anything wrong with someone having different hopes, desires and dreams than myself. I don't find anything wrong with someone wanting to do whatever they can afford to improve their looks even if I would not do some of those same things myself. I don't find anything wrong with being nice to people.
    nanarama, KatesMom, JavaJo and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I wonder how viewers would have reacted if a Bachelor said of a female contestant, whose horrendous sin was just making a thoughtless remark, "I'd like to rip her limbs off and beat her with them." Can you imagine the uproar?
    fireflyer, BuckeyeAddict and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I wonder how viewers would have reacted if a Bachelor said of a female contestant, whose horrendous sin was just making a thoughtless remark, "I'd like to rip her limbs off and beat her with them." Can you imagine the uproar?
    Call 9-1-1 !! Call CPS !! Call my mama !!

Or my favorite, in the words of Gomer Pyle ... Citizen's Array-est !!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I thought that remark was a little over the top, as well.
    fireflyer likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Emily uses the word "perfect" for Sean an awful lot. Perfect = "I should be crazy in love with him, but I 'm not." Sean would make an excellent Bachelor lead, IMO, but rumor is that somebody else has been chosen already (I assume that hasn't been discussed here).

I really didn't like Jef at all initially. Hate the hair, and his dropping of the 2nd "f" bothers me. Kind of pretentious, IMO. And according to a yearbook photo I've seen posted, he used to have 2 f's in his name. Anyway, I have grown to really like other parts of his personality. I love that he is so in touch with his inner child. Sort of like what freefragrance was saying above. He is very playful, but appears to be mature when necessary. He also appears to be good-natured and gets along well with others. If Emily chose him (and vice versa), I hope he didn't just get caught up in the producer mind games and only thinks he's in love with her. Same for Arie and Sean. I have this feeling that Arie is just playing a part, though. I didn't think so at first, but lately I have been. And Emily could be in on it. Maybe it's because the sparks that were so hot at first seem to have fizzled a little. Or is it editing?
    Have you ever seen the comedian Jeff Dunham? One of his puppets has this whole schtick of calling him Jef-f-ah - basically saying he is using an un-needed "f"! And my name is Jennifer and I shorten it to Jenn. I can't tell you how many people make fun of the extra "n". Yeah, it might be different than how many people spell it, but I'm not sure that makes him pretentious. I tried spelling my name tons of different ways growing up. Mostly because the year I was born (1973), Jennifer was the most popular girls name and I never had less than 3 other Jennifers in any class all through school. I just wanted to stand out in some way. Maybe he does too - and I don't really think that is a bad thing.

FORT Fogey

You were in (high?) school. He's not. I read the interview in which he was asked what kind of father he wants to be, and he said he wants to just skateboard and play games with his kids and travel with them. That sounds great, doesn't it, but kids need more than just another big playmate in a dad, and he didn't mention anything else. I guess Emily gets to give birth to all these kids and then clean up their puke and their poop and all the mess -- the NOT fun stuff -- by herself. Unless they have servants to do all that.

But I'm 39 now and I still spell it differently than most people. I don't think it makes me pretentious, it's just how I like it. No one knows the story of why he does it. Maybe his dad started doing it - I know that's part of why I spell mine the way I do. On the rest of it, I understand why you feel the way you do. And they are on a reality show, so they put themselves out there for us to make these judgments. I would just say that all we know about him is what we have seen and what he has said in a few edited articles. Does that mean he will be a bad dad? I have no idea. Whenever my husband talked about having kids, it was never talk about the day to day changing diapers. He talked about playing ball and having a fishing buddy. That's it. But when the kids were born, he jumped right in with every aspect of being a father - and he is a very good one. I would like to see an article where any person says "oh, I can't wait to have kids so I can change diapers and clean up spit-up and stay up for hours while they are crying." NO ONE SAYS THAT. Doesn't mean they won't do it once they have kids. Just sayin'.
    nanarama, ilja, Photobabe and 2 others like this.

Closed Thread