Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Emily's Blog

Emily uses the word "perfect" for Sean an awful lot. Perfect = "I should be crazy in love with him, but I 'm not." Sean would make an excellent Bachelor lead, IMO, but rumor is that somebody else has been chosen already (I assume that hasn't been discussed here).

I really didn't like Jef at all initially. Hate the hair, and his dropping of the 2nd "f" bothers me. Kind of pretentious, IMO. And according to a yearbook photo I've seen posted, he used to have 2 f's in his name. Anyway, I have grown to really like other parts of his personality. I love that he is so in touch with his inner child. Sort of like what freefragrance was saying above. He is very playful, but appears to be mature when necessary. He also appears to be good-natured and gets along well with others. If Emily chose him (and vice versa), I hope he didn't just get caught up in the producer mind games and only thinks he's in love with her. Same for Arie and Sean. I have this feeling that Arie is just playing a part, though. I didn't think so at first, but lately I have been. And Emily could be in on it. Maybe it's because the sparks that were so hot at first seem to have fizzled a little. Or is it editing?
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 07-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Emily uses the word "perfect" for Sean an awful lot. Perfect = "I should be crazy in love with him, but I 'm not." Sean would make an excellent Bachelor lead, IMO, but rumor is that somebody else has been chosen already (I assume that hasn't been discussed here).

I really didn't like Jef at all initially. Hate the hair, and his dropping of the 2nd "f" bothers me. Kind of pretentious, IMO. And according to a yearbook photo I've seen posted, he used to have 2 f's in his name. Anyway, I have grown to really like other parts of his personality. I love that he is so in touch with his inner child. Sort of like what freefragrance was saying above. He is very playful, but appears to be mature when necessary. He also appears to be good-natured and gets along well with others. If Emily chose him (and vice versa), I hope he didn't just get caught up in the producer mind games and only thinks he's in love with her. Same for Arie and Sean. I have this feeling that Arie is just playing a part, though. I didn't think so at first, but lately I have been. And Emily could be in on it. Maybe it's because the sparks that were so hot at first seem to have fizzled a little. Or is it editing?
    I don't recall seeing any examples of that in their interaction.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    My favourite part...I do love me some irony...The letter Jef wrote me was so perfect. I loved that everything he loved about me had to with my heart and the way I make him feel, not superficial things that undoubtedly will fade. Not to be bitchy...well, maybe...but if she is not into the superficial, why the veneers, boob job, botox, and whatever else she has done to herself?
    She also had a nose job, cheek implants and possibly lip enhancements. Jef is wealthy, his family is wealthy. The stage is set. Emily can now look for Jef's inner qualities, and is pleased that he can see past her (artificially acquired) beauty.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    She also had a nose job, cheek implants and possibly lip enhancements. Jef is wealthy, his family is wealthy. The stage is set. Emily can now look for Jef's inner qualities, and is pleased that he can see past her (artificially acquired) beauty.
    Or so he says. What man is going to say he wants a woman because she has great boobs and those big white teeth really turn him on? This guy has been smart enough to say all the right things all along, from the Louis Vuitton luggage analogy to the sappy letter. Sean may not be as clever and expressive, but he did say that he would regard Ricki as his own child, and that should count for a lot more than flowery compliments and flirtatiousness if she is really looking for great dad material rather than a cool dude for herself. Doug was good dad material, too, and seemed mature, but she let him go because he didn't slobber all over her quickly enough. Seems when you get right down to it, all the leads on this show, especially in recent years, make noble statements about what they're looking for, but in the end they just pick whoever makes their naughty parts tingle the most.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Can you really help who you fall in love with?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Nope. You cant. I had to learn the hard way. I am sure Emily will as well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    That depends on whether you're a conscious person who knows what love really is ... and is not. Many people, including most of those on this show, throw around the term "falling in love" when what they really mean is that they're infatuated or have a crush on someone. That's not love. It may be the first baby step toward love, but it's not real love at all. And sometimes you have to take a step back before you go too far and engage your brain/consciousness in the process, and think whether what you're feeling is the result of some lack you're experiencing in your life that you think someone else can fill for you. That's neediness. Neediness in a relationship, or expecting someone to fulfill your emotional needs when what you really need is a good therapist before you go relationship hunting, does not a healthy relationship make.
    CrazyDutchWoman and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Seems when you get right down to it, all the leads on this show, especially in recent years, make noble statements about what they're looking for, but in the end they just pick whoever makes their naughty parts tingle the most.
    OMG!! This made me laugh. I used to love the Church Lady on SNL back when it used to be funny. Oh how I would love to see the Church Lady interview the guys (after she has watched the show, of course) and throw out some of her zingers!! Now that would be entertaining!!! The Church Lady was so funny, one of my all-time favorite characters to ever be on SNL.

Anyway, thanks for the good laugh. And since Emily is wanting more children yesterday, is it any surprise that her naughty parts are tingling?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That depends on whether you're a conscious person who knows what love really is ... and is not. Many people, including most of those on this show, throw around the term "falling in love" when what they really mean is that they're infatuated or have a crush on someone. That's not love. It may be the first baby step toward love, but it's not real love at all. And sometimes you have to take a step back before you go too far and engage your brain/consciousness in the process, and think whether what you're feeling is the result of some lack you're experiencing in your life that you think someone else can fill for you. That's neediness. Neediness in a relationship, or expecting someone to fulfill your emotional needs when what you really need is a good therapist before you go relationship hunting, does not a healthy relationship make.
    You make a lot of very good points here. One of the things that I find the most troubling is Emily's desire to have a family ASAP, i.e. bring another child into the relationship at break neck speed. Ideally there really needs to be a lengthy period of time for a couple to really get to know each other before a child is brought into the picture. It some ways I feel like Emily is projecting what she thinks that Ricki wants or needs. I seriously doubt that six-year-old Ricki sits around and thinks or says that she really needs a father or father figure in her life right now, since she has never known what that is like, never having even met her real father. I have no doubt that Emily feels that void more than Ricki does.

So, the fact that so much emphasis has been put on Emily wanting a bunch more kids in what sounds like a very short time period, does send up a red flag for me as well. I certainly hope that Emily has come out of the Bachelor bubble enough by now to realize that there is no need to hurry things, like having more babies yesterday.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Nope. You cant. I had to learn the hard way. I am sure Emily will as well.
    I'd say she may have already learned the hard way ... losing Ricky's daddy and bad judgement with accepting Brad.

She keeps talking about being "fundamentally the same" and in her case I am not certain what that means because she has never really spelled it out ... at least that I recall.

Thus, I can only guess is that what she wants is to have it her way.

Personally, I thought both Chris' and Arie's families were the most real and un-pretentious. Sean's seemed a tad aloof and Jef's missing parents screams 'proceed with caution' to me.

Maybe by fundamentals, she means the overall best fit for her and Ricky ... and she seems to better fit where the $$$'s are.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread