Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Re: Emily's Blog

I would like to know how and from whom Emily learned before the show that a contestant had dated Cassie previously. How convenient it was that she was "told" during this episode...and yet we did not see the real true conversation between all three. A load of bull!!!
    I think the whole thing is, or was a setup.Someone posted she knew all along, and I didn't think she did. I wouldn't say everyone is talking about Arie and this fake drama though Emily, most are talking about Chris
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Now let's talk about the painfully awkward group date: Poor Doug got about a thousand hints to make a move, but he didn't pick up on it until I was breaking up with him. Could there have been a worse time to try and kiss me? I literally had to watch on TV with my hands over my face because I was mortified for the both of us. Was "thank you for that" really the best I could come up with in that moment? Seriously?!
    After giving Sean the rose I definitely saw a side of Chris that I thought only existed on Toddlers and Tiaras. I get that his feelings were hurt, but I wish he would have been a little more mature about it. I'm just so happy that this was the last group date I'll ever have to go on for the rest of my life!
    I love her honesty when writing these blogs.

Glad things were sorted out with Arie, and her description of her date with Jef definitely shows they clicked on many different levels.
    NEPASue and Mikesgirl83 like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    During this experience I was at times suspicious of some of the guys' motives, but I knew I couldn't live my life being paranoid so I just had to trust them.

Before we started filming I had been told that there may be one contestant on the show this season who had dated Cassie, and I was asked if I would mind. Once I knew it was almost a decade ago, and knowing that Cassie is engaged to another one of my favorite producers, Pete, I was fine with it. I put it way out of my head as I was gearing up to meet the men, so when Cassie took it upon herself halfway through the season to tell me who the guy was, I was definitely surprised.
    What a load of bull! Nice contradiction there. I'm not a paranoid person either but if I had heard someone had dated my supposed BFF I would ask everyone, just out of curiosity. Heck, I'd make a game out of it just to see if I could figure it out. I'm good at asking the right questions and getting more info than I thought possible.

Cassie had to finally fess up because Emily would wonder why Cassie was so familiar with Arie's family when she just "met" them for the first time.
    Alexxxx, Midol, Fanny Mare and 1 others like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    After giving Sean the rose I definitely saw a side of Chris that I thought only existed on Toddlers and Tiaras. I get that his feelings were hurt, but I wish he would have been a little more mature about it. When Chris asked me if he could speak to me in the middle of handing out roses, I could see on his face something was wrong. I loved that Chris was mature enough to admit his mistakes, take charge and do everything possible to make it better. I know we all have moments that we're not proud of, but the only thing that really matters is how you make up for it and Chris went above and beyond.
    I read that on Brad's season, Emily was told early on that she was The One... (Emily didn't want to spend weeks away from her child if she was going to end up as F2 or F3). If this is true, she doesn't know what it's like to live with the stress of wondering if she will get a rose at the rose ceremony. I think it's too much to ask for someone to have one date, then remain calm, and smile as if everything is just fine, week after week after week.
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Even if she wasn't specifically told, I thought the picnic Brad planned for her in the middle of a Rose ceremony cocktail party was pretty telling.

If I remember correctly, isn't there always a contestant who gets an early date where they appear to hit it off really well with the bach/ette and they end up stressing during the season because their relationship doesn't progress like they thought it would?
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Even if she wasn't specifically told, I thought the picnic Brad planned for her in the middle of a Rose ceremony cocktail party was pretty telling.

If I remember correctly, isn't there always a contestant who gets an early date where they appear to hit it off really well with the bach/ette and they end up stressing during the season because their relationship doesn't progress like they thought it would?
    *Chantal*

Actually, I think Arie is this season's Chantal. (edit only, not reality)
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 07-01-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    *Chantal*

Bingo!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    *Chantal*

While I am not optimistic that she will end up with Arie, I don't see him in that category at all. After all, he did get a 2nd date with Emily and he is not constantly stressing about her feelings for him. He's actually been pretty cool. Not that I expect he will be during the final episode when he will be concerned that she will pick Jef instead if I am correct in guessing that they will be the final 2.
    NEPASue and mesachick like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Even if she wasn't specifically told, I thought the picnic Brad planned for her in the middle of a Rose ceremony cocktail party was pretty telling. If I remember correctly, isn't there always a contestant who gets an early date where they appear to hit it off really well with the bach/ette and they end up stressing during the season because their relationship doesn't progress like they thought it would?
    Ashley got an early date during Brad's season, but she was just a decoy, so viewers wouldn't notice his interest in Emily. I just wish Emily could understand the stress of what it's like to sit in a hotel room week after week with nothing else to do or think about except to hope for, (and never get), another date card for a one-on-one date. I wish Emily could have a better understanding of what Chris was going through, instead of saying that he acted like a toddler... but, those who are chosen as F1 during the first cocktail party have a completely different experience than everybody else.
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Sorry, I know better than to post-and-run!

Obviously, edits aren't going to match up completely, but the way I see Arie's and Chantal's edits matching up is that the lead was taken by them immediately, lots of time and attention lavished on them, they're very confident in their standing with the lead, and then about 2/3 through the season doubts start creeping in. We've seen Arie sweating at a couple of RCs (the one that comes to mind most clearly is the Kalon reveal). Whether Arie really had doubts or not is up for debate, but we were led to believe that he did. His obvious front-runner status is being challenged by Jef coming up behind him and grabbing Emily's attention. It's been stated by others before, and I agree that while Arie is chasing Emily, Emily is chasing Jef, much like Chantal pursued Brad while Brad pursued Emily.

The HTDs are very often the turning point in the edit. They will all have obstacles to overcome and some will succeed more than others.

I miss the edit thread. But this thread gives us some insight into what Emily's thinking compared to what we saw. Of course, it's all passed through the MF clearinghouse, so take it for what it's worth.
    Longhornfan and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread