Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Re: Emily's Blog

After watching the first few episodes, I feel a sort of kinship with Emily. All of my life I was heavy and didn't date much. After 9/11 I realized how short life was and lost a ton of weight. I dated like I was a teenager because I had never done so before. I know a little of what she is going through - experiencing things a little later than most. Although I LOVE Arie (right now anyway) I would be happy for her if she picked Jef. She has chemistry with him and he seems like a really great guy! I can't imagine what it was like going through the loss of the love of your life and then finding out his life would go on with the child she was carrying. I hope she finds what she wants. I really don't see her looking for fame like some do.......
    Last edited by jucamer; 06-06-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Living, JavaJo, ilja and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    By now you've all probably seen the clip of me using some less than ladylike words and asking/telling one of the guys to leave, and you'll finally have all your questions answered next week in London. Be sure to tune in to see which guy got to feel the wrath of a protective mama!

Thanks for watching!
    Ė Emily
    I have to say this is my favorite paragraph of this blog - because it shows this isn't her normal behavior and it must've been very warranted for her to use them.

Comparing her blogs to Ben's of last season, they feel warm overall and friendly. I hope they stay this way.
    jucamer likes this.

The Bachelorette: Emily Maynard Blogs About Losing Her Temper in London : People.com

The Bachelorette: Emily Maynard Blogs About Losing Her Temper

By Emily Maynard

I've always felt that two-on-one dates were a bad idea, but who knew jumping off a cliff into freezing water on one would be an even worse idea?

I'm definitely paying for it as you can tell by my voice while we were in London for The Bachelorette, but despite how awful I was feeling I was determined to enjoy every second I was there!

Sean and I had such a strong connection even before having a one-on-one date, so I knew I was going to have a great time with him just walking around the city and checking everything out. I had such high expectations for our date and to be honest, had built him up so high in my head that I was worried I had set him up to fail because no one could ever be that perfect. However, it wasn't long into our date that I realized Sean was even better than I ever could've imagined. Like I told him on our date, guys that are as good-looking as he is usually bore me to tears, but Sean is the total opposite! He's sweet, funny, and humble – and his passion for his family and faith are even more attractive to me than his appearance. And trust me, that's saying a lot!

I don't know what to say about the group date other than I'm disappointed for so many reasons.

I'm disappointed in Kalon for letting his hurt ego cause him to say such hurtful things that no mother should ever hear. I'm confident that if I had I shown him more attention, he never would've said those things, but I'm glad I didn't because it let me see his true colors. For so long Kalon had been so condescending to me and everyone else in the house, but I know what it's like to be misunderstood and I didn't want to be one of those people that wrote him off before really making an effort to get to know him. I still to this day haven't received an apology of any sort, and that to me is the most telling of all. Looking back, I should've sent him home the second he told me not to interrupt him, but I guess it's a good lesson learned. Ladies, always follow your gut!

I've always believed that you should pray for those that hurt you, and as hard as it is sometimes I hope that Kalon has learned from this whole experience, realized how hurtful his words can be, and hopefully will be kinder in the future no matter how badly his ego has been bruised.

I would also like to apologize to the people I offended with my choice of words. I really do try my best to conduct myself like a lady, but I'm certainly not perfect and I'm disappointed in myself that I would allow anyone to affect me in that way. I'm also sad that I let someone like Kalon shake my confidence in the wonderful men I do have left, and I'm glad that from this point on I can focus on them.

As you all can tell, I clearly had a huge crush on Jef from the beginning. It's crazy because in one sense he makes me feel comfortable enough to be myself, but in another way I would get so nervous and awkward around him. I was really looking forward to having a full day to have him to myself, especially after the awful group date I had the night before. Jef was exactly what I needed to regain the confidence I had in this whole experience and in myself. I swear, my whole world could be crashing down and he could read the back of a shampoo bottle and I would immediately feel like everything was going to be okay.

Like I told Chris Harrison last week in Bermuda, I was worried that my feelings for Jef were one-sided and that he just wasn't feeling the same about me, especially since we had been on two beaches and he wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole. I mean, can anyone blame me for starting to feel like he just wasn't that into me? However, on our date we had the best time (despite our etiquette teacher critiquing our every move) and I knew from that date and our perfect kiss on the bridge that my instincts weren't wrong about him at all. He truly is one of the kindest human beings I've ever been around and just the fact that he could make me laugh on a day that I had a hard time just smiling means the absolute world to me.

Well, I have been anticipating this week, and I know I'm happy it is out of the way. Hopefully I'm not going to be in too much trouble with my mother and grandmother for my less than ladylike choice of words! Make sure you watch next Monday too, when we head to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Obviously we traveled to a different country, but it felt like we were traveling back in time! Also, I want to say thank you to everyone that has been so kind to me. I can't tell you how much it means to feel so supported by so many people!

Thanks for watching,
    Emily
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Wow!! Who has the giant ego? "I'm disappointed in Kalon for letting his hurt ego cause him to say such hurtful things that no mother should ever hear. I'm confident that if I had I shown him more attention, he never would've said those things...." and "I hope that Kalon has learned from this whole experience, realized how hurtful his words can be, and hopefully will be kinder in the future no matter how badly his ego has been bruised."

So it was lack of attention from the fabulous Emily that caused Kalon to say what he did? Um, Emily dear, maybe he just wasn't that into you. Maybe you need to attend to your own ego.
    luvlady345, Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Wow!! Who has the giant ego? "I'm disappointed in Kalon for letting his hurt ego cause him to say such hurtful things that no mother should ever hear. I'm confident that if I had I shown him more attention, he never would've said those things...." and "I hope that Kalon has learned from this whole experience, realized how hurtful his words can be, and hopefully will be kinder in the future no matter how badly his ego has been bruised."

So it was lack of attention from the fabulous Emily that caused Kalon to say what he did? Um, Emily dear, maybe he just wasn't that into you. Maybe you need to attend to your own ego.
    He said as much in conversations with the other guys. He was royally pissed that he wasn't getting a one on one date with Emily and there were a couple of dates where he stated he wanted the rose and then wasn't too happy when he didn't get it. I'd bet she came to that conclusion after watching the actual show play out.

I'm giving her a pass on her bad mood during that date. For one, she found out that someone insulted her daughter, needlessly. If that's how he felt, he should have been honest with her and asked her to send him home. It's been done on other seasons. Secondly, the woman was sick. When I'm sick, I'm like a bear with a sore ass...I can get downright bitchy. And that's just when I'm laying around on the sofa, not touring London and under the pressure of having to entertain ten men!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

And if he was really into Emily ... i.e., cared about her ... he wouldn't have said what he did. He's been a pompous jerk all along. This shouldn't have been such a big surprise. If the producers were making Emily keep him until he produced some solid drama for the show, then she should direct her ire at them. If she didn't see him for who he was before this happened, then it's on her. He had already been disrespectful at least twice that we saw yet she was keeping him. Men aren't disrespectful to women they really want.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post

I hope Emily doesn't topple over and hurt herself trying to put that giant crown atop her head, you know, cause nobody has her back when she really needs them.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

FORT Newbie

As you all can tell, I clearly had a huge crush on Jef from the beginning. It's crazy because in one sense he makes me feel comfortable enough to be myself, but in another way I would get so nervous and awkward around him. I was really looking forward to having a full day to have him to myself, especially after the awful group date I had the night before. Jef was exactly what I needed to regain the confidence I had in this whole experience and in myself. I swear, my whole world could be crashing down and he could read the back of a shampoo bottle and I would immediately feel like everything was going to be okay.

Like I told Chris Harrison last week in Bermuda, I was worried that my feelings for Jef were one-sided and that he just wasn't feeling the same about me, especially since we had been on two beaches and he wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole. I mean, can anyone blame me for starting to feel like he just wasn't that into me? However, on our date we had the best time (despite our etiquette teacher critiquing our every move) and I knew from that date and our perfect kiss on the bridge that my instincts weren't wrong about him at all. He truly is one of the kindest human beings I've ever been around and just the fact that he could make me laugh on a day that I had a hard time just smiling means the absolute world to me.
    After reading that I'm more convinced than ever that Emily chooses Jef! She is definitely gushing about him and he has been mentioned a lot in her blogs throughout the season!

FORT Fogey

Ugh, with Jef, she looked like Auntie Emily out on a date with her nephew. So far I like Sean best for her, but Sean isn't acting like he has a case of puppy love like Jef. I have the feeling she's going to pick whoever drools over her the most and seems most willing to do her bidding long-term.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Newbie

Well I like Jef, I like Emily, and I like Jef and Emily together so I'm super excited to watch the rest of the season! I'm going to remain happy and positive!
    Monte71, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread