Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

FORT Newbie

Re: Emily's Blog

Emily Maynard Blogs: 'Love Is Worth the Chaos'

Bachelorette: Emily Maynard Blogs About Getting Engaged to Jef Holm : People.com

I can't believe my time on The Bachelorette is finally over and I can tell everyone about the amazing man I get to call my fiancé!

Getting to share our love story with you all this season and reliving the proposal yesterday reminds me of how blessed I am to have found my best friend and partner in crime, Jef Holm.

Jef and I have been looking forward to this day for so long and are so excited to start our lives together. I've always believed in great love and hoped I'd find it one day. However, I had no idea a love like this even existed!

I have more fun with Jef than I have with anyone and I can't wait to have even more fun now that we can go out in public with my daughter Ricki.

Being the Bachelorette has been an incredible experience and I couldn't be more thankful for all the support. I learned so much about myself and so many lessons that I'll implement into our relationship. There were many ups and downs, and at times things were very chaotic, but love is worth the chaos!

Thanks again for the second chance and sticking with me until I got my fairy tale ending!
    – Emily Maynard
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I read the B'ette tells Neil Lane or whoever represents his company what kind of rings she likes, to ensure that the F1 doesn't pick something she hates. Of course Emily didn't pay for it. She doesn't pay for anything. Jef didn't pay for it, either. We all know that. She'll have to give back the ring if the relationship doesn't last for at least a certain period of time, two years I think.

Almost every woman I know does NOT get her nails done, including me. And we don't get thousands of dollars worth of hair extensions. Everyone was slamming Kate Gosselin for spending ... what was it, $7,000? ... on hair extensions, but when Syrupy Sweet "I'm scared of everything" Plastic Princess Emily spends a fortune on her endless quest for physical perfection, it's defended. Glad so many people have her back and are protecting her (from what?). That seems to be one of her major goals in life. The other is spending as much of other people's money as possible.

I get my nails done every 2 weeks as do ALL of my friends & family (I also get my hair done every 4 weeks - gotta hide that grey you know). I have Coach, Michael Kors, Gucci bags and shoes. I am not a bad person because I like nice things and neither is Emily. If I had the money that she reportedly has and wanted hair extensions, plastic surgery or anything else I would get them without batting an eye and wouldn't care what anyone else thought
    KatesMom, ilja, Cherob and 1 others like this.

All I can think of is that all those "things" represent a very sad set of values about what really matters and is important in life.
    No AV that is not all that matters - but they are things I like and they make me happy. I'm still a good person with good values even though I carry a Gucci purse. I'm sure there are people out there that buy their shoes & bags at Walmart whose values aren't as high as mine

FORT Fogey

Carrying is one thing. Bragging is another. Gotta hand it to Emily. She doesn't seem to brag.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CruGirl13 View Post

Bachelorette: Emily Maynard Blogs About Getting Engaged to Jef Holm : People.com

I can't believe my time on The Bachelorette is finally over and I can tell everyone about the amazing man I get to call my fiancé!

Getting to share our love story with you all this season and reliving the proposal yesterday reminds me of how blessed I am to have found my best friend and partner in crime, Jef Holm.

Jef and I have been looking forward to this day for so long and are so excited to start our lives together. I've always believed in great love and hoped I'd find it one day. However, I had no idea a love like this even existed!

I have more fun with Jef than I have with anyone and I can't wait to have even more fun now that we can go out in public with my daughter Ricki.

Being the Bachelorette has been an incredible experience and I couldn't be more thankful for all the support. I learned so much about myself and so many lessons that I'll implement into our relationship. There were many ups and downs, and at times things were very chaotic, but love is worth the chaos!

Thanks again for the second chance and sticking with me until I got my fairy tale ending!
    – Emily Maynard
    Thank you so much, CruGirl13 for bringing over Emily's Blog! I really didn't think she would even have time to post as much as she did. I especially love the part I bolded.
    mesachick and Coco46 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by CruGirl13 View Post

– Emily Maynard
    I love it! I hope she has found her happiness. We all deserve to find a fairy tale ending.
    dzigner and Cherob like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I get my nails done every 2 weeks as do ALL of my friends & family (I also get my hair done every 4 weeks - gotta hide that grey you know). I have Coach, Michael Kors, Gucci bags and shoes. I am not a bad person because I like nice things and neither is Emily. If I had the money that she reportedly has and wanted hair extensions, plastic surgery or anything else I would get them without batting an eye and wouldn't care what anyone else thought
    Frivilous waste (when so many people are needy) is not cool. But, we are all guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    As for the nails, lots of women I know get their nails done as well. The salon that I go to is always slammed, and my manicurist is so busy that you have to book 6 months out to get an appointment, plus she's not taking any new clients. Some of her clients are SAHM's, other's own their own businesses. All of them enjoy having nice nails - what's the big deal here? I guess it's suddenly a crime against humanity to take pleasure in looking nice?
    After seeing how many people are needy, hungry, stinky, can't get a job because of their torn clothes, can't get a husband who won't hit them, can't function in society because of emotional or sexual abuse, and can't have a Mom or Dad because a parent abandoned them or is always drunk/high... I think throwing away money on nail-painting is sick.

Newsflash: you can paint YOUR OWN NAILS for $0, and then give $40 to KIDS who are DESPARATE FOR CARE.

A MANICURIST backed up for 6 months? We should all be ashamed.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-30-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Personally I think things like manicures keep our economy moving. If there were no more beauty salons etc think of all of those people who would not have careers. Same with clothing designers and stores, ALL of that stuff. We are lucky that there are people out there who can afford things like that so that others have jobs to go to.

It's what makes the world go round.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Frivilous waste (when so many people are needy) is not cool. But, we are all guilty.
    I'm sorry, this statement is offensive to me. I work hard for my money - very long hours. I also give money to charity, and donate as much time and "things" as I am able. I am a working mother who goes from the minute I get up to the minute I go to bed. If I want to spend 30 minutes every other week on "me time" getting my nails done because it actually makes me feel pampered for a change, who the hell has the right to judge?

Very well put, WakeUpSunshine! I especially like the part about how she has no qualms about spending the hard-earned money of the Hendricks and her parents. That's the crux of what really irks me about her. She just feels entitled to that kind of lifestyle without doing a damn thing to earn it. Too bad the Hendricks and her parents have enabled her instead of encouraging her to stand on her own two feet in life. Emily seems to use her brain only to find ways to keep the gravy train flowing. Now she's managed to find a man who will continue that. If she's so into charity, maybe she should sell that $150,000 rock she says means nothing to her and feed, clothe, and provide medical care for that entire African village for a year.
    So if someone won the lottery, they should continue working and give their money to charity? Isn't that really what we are doing/saying here? She was very lucky, both in the family she was born into and in the family she "married" into with Ricky and Ricki. I'm sorry, I guess I am as shallow as they come because if I win the lottery tomorrow, I'm quitting my job the next day and traveling. I will give my children the experience of seeing the world, instead of just learning about in books.
    jaytwo likes this.

Closed Thread