Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Re: Emily's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    But she didn't pick it out and she didn't pay for it. That's all Fleiss. And maybe Jef since he chose that one. That's not really her fault.

I read that the house she lives in was the house that Ricky bought for them and they lived there together for a short time before his death. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they had bought a house together that he made other provisions for their life together...such as put her name on his insurance policy. We don't know for sure who gives her money. Maybe nobody does and she lives on the insurance money. We don't know and have no way of knowing because that information has not been made public. Maybe a grandparent left her a trust fund that she lives on. I don't know the details and I'm not taking the gossip Bible, US Weekly, as proof of anything.

Almost every woman I know gets her nails done. And goes to the salon. I dont' know anyone that hacks away at their own hair. Because that would be crazy.
    I was just starting to respond with the same information. Unless someone has managed to get their hands on Emily's financial statements, then all this is just speculation.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I have a good friend whose husband is a lawyer, who has been a SAHM for almost 12 years now. She goes to the gym, she has lunch with friends, she helps out at her kid's school, and she shops. They go on 2-3 trips a year to Europe, Hawaii, Palm Springs, etc. She could work, she could go back to school, but she doesn't do either. Is she wasting her life? I don't think so, she's a lovely woman who has raised two lovely daughters. Am I a little jealous of her life? You betcha! I refuse to speculate that the Emily we've seen on this television show or read about in the rag mags or gossip sites is a huge waste of space because her life doesn't conform to what people watching the show think it should be. It's her life. And I've seen a lot worse examples of humanity out there, believe me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Every article I've seen about the value of the Neil Lane 3.5-carat ring states it costs at least $150,000, and is the largest and most valuable ring ever given on this show.
    Well of course it was....it had to be the largest and most expensive ever!

Sadly, a big deal will be made out of this trip to Africa with all of the appropriate photo ops taken. Hopefully Jef's company is making a difference but Emily putting on a show and smiling for the camera won't do a thing to help those terribly needy people.

Yes it will...hopefully it will bring publicity that is needed so others can get involved. Jef's work at People Water has morphed into marketing/sales. What better way to market their humanitarian cause than to place a beautiful young woman in front of a camera. Actually it is done all the time with UN projects. I think she will be a great asset if she is only used for photo ops. I have a feeling, though, that she will actually get dirt under her fingernails. Ooops, did I just say Emily might have a purpose in life?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

I must respectfully disagree with you. Yes, it might bring awareness to some but it's doubtful that it will bring awareness to those who have the resources to make much of a difference. Emily is just another girl who went on TV to find a husband. Yes, she has a huge following of those who think that she can do no wrong and that she is perfect, admirable, etc.....I doubt that they will make much of a difference in any humanitarian effort that she is involved in.

And I'm just sure that there will surely be a photo of her dirty fingernails, "her tent" and many other things.....every photo op available will surely be taken!

FORT Fogey

But she didn't pick it out and she didn't pay for it. That's all Fleiss. And maybe Jef since he chose that one. That's not really her fault. I read that the house she lives in was the house that Ricky bought for them and they lived there together for a short time before his death. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they had bought a house together that he made other provisions for their life together...such as put her name on his insurance policy. We don't know for sure who gives her money. Maybe nobody does and she lives on the insurance money. We don't know and have no way of knowing because that information has not been made public. Maybe a grandparent left her a trust fund that she lives on. I don't know the details and I'm not taking the gossip Bible, US Weekly, as proof of anything.

Almost every woman I know gets her nails done. And goes to the salon. I dont' know anyone that hacks away at their own hair. Because that would be crazy.
    I read the B'ette tells Neil Lane or whoever represents his company what kind of rings she likes, to ensure that the F1 doesn't pick something she hates. Of course Emily didn't pay for it. She doesn't pay for anything. Jef didn't pay for it, either. We all know that. She'll have to give back the ring if the relationship doesn't last for at least a certain period of time, two years I think.

Almost every woman I know does NOT get her nails done, including me. And we don't get thousands of dollars worth of hair extensions. Everyone was slamming Kate Gosselin for spending ... what was it, $7,000? ... on hair extensions, but when Syrupy Sweet "I'm scared of everything" Plastic Princess Emily spends a fortune on her endless quest for physical perfection, it's defended. Glad so many people have her back and are protecting her (from what?). That seems to be one of her major goals in life. The other is spending as much of other people's money as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I read the B'ette tells Neil Lane or whoever represents his company what kind of rings she likes, to ensure that the F1 doesn't pick something she hates. Of course Emily didn't pay for it. She doesn't pay for anything. Jef didn't pay for it, either. We all know that. She'll have to give back the ring if the relationship doesn't last for at least a certain period of time, two years I think.

Almost every woman I know does NOT get her nails done, including me. And we don't get thousands of dollars worth of hair extensions. Everyone was slamming Kate Gosselin for spending ... what was it, $7,000? ... on hair extensions, but when Syrupy Sweet "I'm scared of everything" Plastic Princess Emily spends a fortune on her endless quest for physical perfection, it's defended. Glad so many people have her back and are protecting her (from what?). That seems to be one of her major goals in life. The other is spending as much of other people's money as possible.
    As far as I (or anyone) has seen, the only person's money that Emily is spending in the way you describe, is actually not a person, but a show. If the show's budget is paying for these things for Emily, so what? They've paid for the same things for the other Bachelorette's as well. As I've said before, unless you have managed to get your hands on her financial statements, and follow her around documenting how she lives her life on a daily basis outside of the show, then it's all just speculation.

As for the nails, lots of women I know get their nails done as well. The salon that I go to is always slammed, and my manicurist is so busy that you have to book 6 months out to get an appointment, plus she's not taking any new clients. Some of her clients are SAHM's, other's own their own businesses. All of them enjoy having nice nails - what's the big deal here? I guess it's suddenly a crime against humanity to take pleasure in looking nice? I don't get this seeming infatuation with how Emily chooses to live HER life. It is her's to live, and she seems pretty dang happy with her choices. How about we just be happy that's she found a good guy to have in her life, and leave it at that? The rest is just silly fodder and has nothing to do with The Bachelorette.
    ilja and jaytwo like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I've never had my nails done. And, ermmm...I cut my own hair .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Poor Emily. All this fuss over what her intentions really are/were. I so enjoyed her season and wish that it could continue. Hopefully we will get to see her wedding. She came across to me as a good-hearted southern gal, who is a great mom, just looking for someone to share her life with. All of the things that some people seem to think were so important to her, I just didn't see, and I think the proof is in the pudding as she and Jef head off to do humanitarian work in Africa. I wish them all the best and thank them for the happiest ending EVER!

The scene of Jef, Emily and Ricki linking hands was quite a vision.

You know, I do a lot of volunteer work and really, short of it being to case a business or home or whatever to burglarize later, I don't care why people do it. The smallest effort helps (and I'm talking on a local community level, not global) and it is sad to see opinions of the volunteer take precedence over the possible good of the project. I would never dream of trying to change anyone's opinion of Emily (although as I have said, I had pre-conceived notions of how she would be - having seen only the first episode or two of the season she was on with Brad - and was pleasantly surprised) but I don't understand criticizing anyone for giving charity work a try. Unless she poisons a well, I'm sure she will be able to do something that will be helpful. :-/

Btw just an aside but for single folks, a growing trend for meeting is through volunteer and charity work. I don't view their efforts as any less because they went into it hoping to hook up. ;-)
    mesachick, JavaJo, ilja and 2 others like this.

Closed Thread