Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

FORT Newbie

Re: Emily's Blog

I can hear it now, as Jef puts the piece of tape on her finger, Emily says "Thank you for waiting to get my ring...this way I can get just what I want!"

Her wardrobe budget for the filming of the show spoke volumes to me. The funny thing is that I didn't care for quite a lot of what she wore and thought much of it was inappropriate for the circumstances/setting.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

I still think the disparity in the way they were dressed for the MTP was hilarious and very telling. She and Arie were much more well-matched in their attire for his meeting. I've seen various estimates of the worth of that ring, from $90,000 - $150,000, the most expensive one ever on this show. Piece of tape, my hiney! Bet you could build a well or two with that.

So what if she managed to negotiate a good wardrobe contract? I am sure, even if hers was the highest, that other B'ettes also had lots to spend on clothes. If she managed to get more, then good for her. But we knew going in that TPTB wanted her and that they were going to give her things that others did not get. Again, so what?

And I do not think that liking the clothes she picked or not tells us anything at all about her. Lots of people would not like the clothes I wear but it really says nothing at all about who I am.

I am sort of confused on hearing how people think she is money grubbing and greedy. I do not get that from her at all. She was certainly fortunate to be born into a wealthy family and that Ricki's grandparents are rich enough to also provide. They are both very lucky in that respect but it surely does not make her a gold digger (quite the opposite IMO).

Loads of celebrities spend ridiculous amounts of money on clothes and shoes. Loads of regular people do too. I agree, who cares really? Not something I'd do, and certainly not something I can afford to do, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if she has expensive taste in shoes? Sure, ideally we should all do everything we can to help those less fortunate than we are, but how do we know Emily doesn't give to her church, give to charity, bake cookies for the PAC fund raiser, donate to the person coming door to door collecting for whatever? We don't know. I understand some dislike her enough to not give her the benefit of the doubt, and that's fine. But honestly I am glad nobody is scrutinizing my life to such a degree as I'm sure they'd find plenty negative to say about me. From what I've seen she has tried hard to be a good mom and seems like a kind person with loving friends and family. She must be doing something right. If Jef fits into that life happily then more power to them. If she goes to Africa and discovers how good it can feel to make a positive change in the world, then that's fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If Jef is serious about helping the poorest of the poor, I wonder if he'll ever scratch his head and wonder if his fiancee/wife really needs to spend that much on a pair of shoes purely as a status symbol when the people he's helping don't have enough food or water.
    Eh....he has sisters, I don't think he'll bat an eye. And if the rumors are true, Emily is worth more than Jef, so she can buy her own shoes and handbags. But the saying "you get what you pay for" is a saying for a reason. Better material, better stitching...$20 handbags always rip and fray on me, but I still have my first Coach purse (I've had it for 9 years) and it still looks new. So I can't fault her for buying the better stuff is she can afford it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Loads of celebrities spend ridiculous amounts of money on clothes and shoes. Loads of regular people do too. I agree, who cares really? Not something I'd do, and certainly not something I can afford to do, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if she has expensive taste in shoes? Sure, ideally we should all do everything we can to help those less fortunate than we are, but how do we know Emily doesn't give to her church, give to charity, bake cookies for the PAC fund raiser, donate to the person coming door to door collecting for whatever? We don't know. I understand some dislike her enough to not give her the benefit of the doubt, and that's fine. But honestly I am glad nobody is scrutinizing my life to such a degree as I'm sure they'd find plenty negative to say about me. From what I've seen she has tried hard to be a good mom and seems like a kind person with loving friends and family. She must be doing something right. If Jef fits into that life happily then more power to them. If she goes to Africa and discovers how good it can feel to make a positive change in the world, then that's fabulous.
    Since she went on national TV to find a husband, she kind of put herself out there for scrutiny and all of the other things that go along with 15 minutes of fame.

She might write daily checks to charity but that's not the issue, at least for me. She's living the high life and doing so as a result of the hard work of others!!! Rick Hendrick wasn't born into money but rather earned it himself. My guess is that Emily's father also worked hard for his money as well. And she spends their money like it is water, never thinking about earning a dime on her own other than to go on TV and find a husband. She could work while Emily was in school....or she could go to school during the day, to better herself and be a role model for her daughter. Instead, she shops and lunches with her pals and goes to the spa and hairdresser because she has money that others worked hard for at her disposal. Pampered princess types don't really warrant much admiration, at least in my humble opinion.
    NEPASue, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Very well put, WakeUpSunshine! I especially like the part about how she has no qualms about spending the hard-earned money of the Hendricks and her parents. That's the crux of what really irks me about her. She just feels entitled to that kind of lifestyle without doing a damn thing to earn it. Too bad the Hendricks and her parents have enabled her instead of encouraging her to stand on her own two feet in life. Emily seems to use her brain only to find ways to keep the gravy train flowing. Now she's managed to find a man who will continue that. If she's so into charity, maybe she should sell that $150,000 rock she says means nothing to her and feed, clothe, and provide medical care for that entire African village for a year.
    NEPASue likes this.

To the Point

I seriously doubt that either family feels used and abused by Emily. I am sure that they have been more than happy to support her so that she could be a stay-at-home Mom. Is this possible for the average Mom who might find herself in a similar situation? No, but that is beside the point. I doubt that she's been begging to be supported in this manner. Do I know this for fact? No more than all those speculating that she's money grubbing. I just figure it this way...neither family had to allow this. For all we know this was something that she and Ricky and their families had discussed before the horrific accident that took his life. There may have been plans in place for her to be a full-time, stay-at-home Mom all along and the families were fortunate enough to have the means to allow her to do so. While most folks don't have these advantages, I really have no problem with those that do choosing to support their family in this way. Who am I to determine how they spend their money, or to pass judgement based on what I think I know.

And just for the record, the reports I've seen estimate the value of the ring at $68,000. Still an absolutely obsene amount of money for a ring, but a far cry from the $150,000 that I keep seeing as speculation. I have no idea about the actual cost.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 07-24-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    mesachick, JavaJo, ilja and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Every article I've seen about the value of the Neil Lane 3.5-carat ring states it costs at least $150,000, and is the largest and most valuable ring ever given on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Every article I've seen about the value of the Neil Lane 3.5-carat ring states it costs at least $150,000, and is the largest and most valuable ring ever given on this show.
    But she didn't pick it out and she didn't pay for it. That's all Fleiss. And maybe Jef since he chose that one. That's not really her fault.

I read that the house she lives in was the house that Ricky bought for them and they lived there together for a short time before his death. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they had bought a house together that he made other provisions for their life together...such as put her name on his insurance policy. We don't know for sure who gives her money. Maybe nobody does and she lives on the insurance money. We don't know and have no way of knowing because that information has not been made public. Maybe a grandparent left her a trust fund that she lives on. I don't know the details and I'm not taking the gossip Bible, US Weekly, as proof of anything.

Almost every woman I know gets her nails done. And goes to the salon. I dont' know anyone that hacks away at their own hair. Because that would be crazy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread