Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Re: Emily's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    What's happening on Sunday? Is the finale' on Sunday instead of Monday?
    Yes. 3 hour finale I believe with the ATFR live.

I'm so excited.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Finale is today (SUNDAY). Three hours with a live ATFR. Actually the whole three hours will be live in that they will cut-a-way for audience comments during the Finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I doubt Emily will be blogging the final show, but here is a short piece from people.com

Bachelorette Finale: Emily Maynard Calls Jef Holm the 'Perfect Man' : People.com

Emily Maynard: 'I Found the Perfect Man'

By Monica Rizzo

Monday July 23, 2012 11:30 AM EDT

At Sunday night's live After the Final Rose special, The Bachelorette's Emily Maynard and her new fiancé, Jef Holm, couldn't wait to declare their love for each other.

"I found the perfect man," said Maynard, who became engaged on the show's season 8 finale. Maynard beamed as she clutched Holm's hand. "He's my best friend."

"I love her to death," Holm gushed.

While some viewers were shocked and saddened to see Maynard's tearful goodbye to racecar driver Arie Luyendyk on the season finale, host Chris Harrison says it was clear to him that the North Carolina single mom's connection to Utah entrepreneur Holm was undeniably stronger.

"What really separated Arie and Jef in the end is how Jef made her feel," Harrison said. "How she acted in the end, if you notice, she was a little girl around him. Jef brought out something unique in her. There was something special and unique about them."

Arie appeared on After the Final Rose and said he was happy for Emily and Jef.

"I don't want to take anything away from Arie, who is a wonderful man and would have been a great husband," Harrison went on to say. "But she and Jef are so good together. I really think she chose wisely and I think she chose the right guy."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I can see how she thinks he's perfect for her if he makes her feel like a little girl. All she wants in life is to be taken care of ... by other people, not to mention their money. I find her and her "I'm a little girl, take care of me" routine nauseating.
    NEPASue and WakeUpSunshine like this.

I don't get that vibe from her. She has had a lot of responsibility since the age of 19. At 26 perhaps it is time to recapture some youthful spirit. Ah...to feel young, loved and some of her burden lifted and shared. Good on you, Emily!

FORT Fogey

Lots of young single women take care of their child and childREN without benefit of parental help and apparently huge amounts of money being handed to them, plus most have to held down a job at the same time, so I can't muster up much sympathy for Emily and the huge burden of all her "responsibility," which to me is not even believable given all of the aforementioned. She needs to see how the other 99% live, if she has felt so burdened.
    NEPASue, Midol and WakeUpSunshine like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Lots of young single women take care of their child and childREN without benefit of parental help and apparently huge amounts of money being handed to them, plus most have to held down a job at the same time, so I can't muster up much sympathy for Emily and the huge burden of all her "responsibility," which to me is not even believable given all of the aforementioned. She needs to see how the other 99% live, if she has felt so burdened.
    I dare say that the most taxing thing that she does is pick up the snacks to take to Ricki's soccer practice.
    NEPASue and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Awwww, Eddie Haskell hooked up with Mrs. Cleaver.

I hope Wally and The Beave are OK.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I have only ever heard Emily talk about how difficult it was to lose the father of your child so suddenly, and then have to raise that child alone at such a young age. I haven't heard her b*tch and moan about needing to be kept in expensive clothes and shoes, and frankly I think a lot of the speculation that she expects that from a spouse is driven by tabloids and personal opinion, not fact. If her man makes her feel youthful and taken care of and loved and cherished, we should all be lucky to have that...it sounds lovely.

FORT Fogey

She doesn't have to b*itch and moan about needing to be kept in expensive clothes and shoes ... who would do that? It's just what she's accustomed to having because she's been handed a ton of money and apparently one of her best talents is spending it. There are loads of pictures of her shopping and lunching around town wearing $1500 Louboutins and purses more expensive than that. She knows how to make herself seem other than she is ... yeah right, a piece of tape around her finger would be okay with her. If Jef is serious about helping the poorest of the poor, I wonder if he'll ever scratch his head and wonder if his fiancee/wife really needs to spend that much on a pair of shoes purely as a status symbol when the people he's helping don't have enough food or water.

Closed Thread