Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Re: Emily's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know where I am.I dont love her & I dont hate her.I just dont think she is very bright. I think she is bright enough to get more money from the show and a very swishy wardrobe.( or was that her agent) She is not bright enough for other things. Her conversations are really boring.
    I feel sad and mad at her, at the same time . Midol said it best in one of her posts. I dont think she has a clue who she is or what she really wants out of life. I think doing this show, will, or has confused her even more .
    Fanny it's like you and I are in a Vulcan mind meld this season. The bolded is exactly where I am. I don't like her, but I don't dislike her either. At times I find her funny and fun and then other times she bores me silly. Her obsession with appearances...and I don't just mean the physical appearance, but also the perception of how others view her...at times annoys me to no end but mostly I just feel sorry for her. She is like a lost soul at times, but then she becomes this steel magnolia at others. In a way, she kind of reminds me of Katie Holmes who also seemed to have lost herself but now she is found. I hope the same for Em. (MF=Tom Cruise)
    Last edited by Midol; 07-10-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Alexxxx and Fanny Mare like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Please keep in mind that, while we do allow positive and negative comments about reality show contestants, we do have a "beating a dead horse" rule. If you've stated your opinion, there's no need to KEEP stating it. State it and move on.

Additionally, if you feel a post breaks our rules, please report it. If the post stands, that is our response. Lecturing other posters is not going to fly around here.

We're in the home stretch here, folks. Let's try to keep things civil
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't like the way she led all three of them on, making them each feel that surely he must be The One.
    We can't blame her for that. That has MF written all over it. Remember Meredith? Her F2 thought for sure he was the one. Nearly every season has played out this way. And the lead always says they have fallen in love with more than one person. It's not just Emily...they all do it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I agree, JavaJo, but Emily has laid it on thicker than the others, in my opinion. For example, telling Arie she was "done" after her first date with him and that he has always been the light at the end of the tunnel for her makes it sound like a done deal that he's the one.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I know what "fantasy" is implying, and I'm not totally comfortable with that.

That born again virgin act is wearing thin. Who does she think she's kidding?

Isn't this the same woman that got pregnant at 18? Also the same woman that went to the same fantasy suite with Brad?

Sheesh.
    She was engaged to Ricky when she got pregnant. It's not like she was sleeping around, she was already in a committed relationship. It also wasn't being played out on national tv for all to see, unlike now. She also didn't have a child that she was worried about in terms of being a role model. As for Brad, she has said several times now that she already knew that she was going to be the F1, otherwise she would not have gone to the fantasy suite with Brad. It could also be that she realizes how it could have been viewed last season, and didn't want that to happen again. The other thing is that it is much different going to a fantasy suite with 1 guy to try to spend some extra time with him (Brad), vs going with 3 different guys when you are the lead.

The way she was really wanting to be with Arie, there was nothing born again virgin about her, nor did it come across as though she's trying to be that... but to be portrayed as a slut who slept with three different guys (as some would assume) is a whole other thing entirely.

I found her to be sweet and responsible in regards to the fantasy suites.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

??? Ricki is a blessing in Emily's life, nobody can deny that. My problem with Emily is that she would like to be regarded as sweet and innocent when in reality she was just another unwed pregnant teenager. She did participate in the fantasy suite with Brad, so to pretend at this point that her standards are too high to do it this season is more than a little hypocritical. I'm not comparing Emily to any other contestant, just her own standards that she seems to have set for herself. I think she's a lost soul trying to live up to an image she has set for herself, and it's an impossible task. It's all good. I get the Emily love from some folks. I just don't have it myself.
    Well, Emily DOES talk a lot about the guys being perfect...

???

Ricki is a blessing in Emily's life, nobody can deny that.

My problem with Emily is that she would like to be regarded as sweet and innocent when in reality she was just another unwed pregnant teenager.
    She did participate in the fantasy suite with Brad, so to pretend at this point that her standards are too high to do it this season is more than a little hypocritical.

I'm not comparing Emily to any other contestant, just her own standards that she seems to have set for herself. I think she's a lost soul trying to live up to an image she has set for herself, and it's an impossible task.

It's all good. I get the Emily love from some folks. I just don't have it myself.
    It is possible that one of her reconstructions was to become a born again virgin.
    fireflyer, Alexxxx and AlwaysVeg like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

A behind the scenes interview with Emily and tidbits not shown during the MTA.

'Bachelorette' recap: 5 things you didn't see on 'Men Tell All' - latimes.com
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelorette Men Tell All - Emily Maynard Blogs About Facing the Guys : People.com

By Emily Maynard

In what lifetime should any girl have to face a room full of her ex-boyfriends? One of the many perks of being The Bachelorette, I guess! Lucky for me though, I have the best group of guys, and they took it easy on me – for the most part.

I hadn't seen any of the guys since I sent them home, so I was beyond nervous! The hardest to see was definitely Sean, because I didn't feel like we had much closure, and it was really important to me that he knew that everything I felt was 100 percent real for me.

I am so happy that Sean is in a great place now and looks back on our time together fondly. I feel the same.

I was hoping Ryan would watch the show and realize that if almost every guy in the house thinks you're arrogant, you should probably do some self-reflecting and make some changes. However, the only thing that has changed about Ryan is his hair, which looks much better in my opinion. He still stands behind everything he said and did on the show, which, to be honest, doesn't surprise me much.

Gratitude Toward Doug

Doug and I had an awkward goodbye to say the least, so it was good to see him in a different setting. I'm happy I could let him know how much I regretted not giving him the group date rose in London and how grateful I was for everything he did. It really meant a lot to me that Doug, and so many of the other guys, stood up for me at the Men Tell All taping, and I know I'll count many of them as friends forever.

I had been waiting for an apology from Kalon for a while and had he come to me anytime, I absolutely would've accepted it. Who knows, maybe we could've been friends! But just days before the Men Tell All some people forwarded me a picture he posted on the Internet of a baggage claim and how he thought he'd see me there. His next post said, "Sorry I'm not sorry."

He made it pretty clear he wasn't sorry, so I wasn't going to sit there and let him think he was tricking me into thinking he was a nice guy. People like Kalon make me sad and I'm just glad I never have to waste another second thinking about him!

I can't believe how fast this season has gone and there are only a few more days until the finale! I can't say thank you enough to all of you that have been so kind to me the past couple of weeks and have supported me.

Be sure to tune in on Sunday for, by far, the best episode yet!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What's happening on Sunday? Is the finale' on Sunday instead of Monday?
    ilja likes this.

Closed Thread