Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

Re: Emily's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Apparently Emily found out that Brad had a bad temper ... ditto for Vienna and Jake. Jillian found out that Ed was an immature douchebag. Jason and Molly really had nothing in common ... and so on. Seems many viewers get lulled into this false sense that what they're watching is real dating behavior, real conversations, real interactions, and real love. The truth is closer to the fact that most of all of it is scripted, prompted, directed, and manipulated. I never get caught in the Bachelor Bubble of True Love because I maintain a sense of awareness that it's all PHONY! Whoever she picks (which I think will be "1F Me2" from what I've seen of her googly-eyed reaction to him at this point), she will not get to know until after the ATFR, when they can see who each other really is under ordinary everyday circumstances, how each other handles conflict and difficulties, how willing the other person is to compromise, which is how you get to know somebody in real life. The fact that a few people managed to stay together and two got married after meeting on this show is in spite of it all, not because of it. They are so few ... odds are if you throw a handful of spaghetti at a wall, a few strands are bound to stick. I and at these supposed fairy tale endings. These people don't know each other at the point when the show ends.
    While I agree with you 100% that no love match is made on this show - it happens after the show stops, if at all - I just needed to point out that two of the couples you mentioned did fall in love once the show stopped. Jillian and Ed dated for over a year and still remain in contact. If you have dated for a year, I'd say there are real feelings there. As for Jason and Molly - I guess I am unclear why you included them - they are married, so I'd say they found love!!

FORT Fogey

Oops, I meant Jason and MELISSA! Thanks for pointing that out. As for Jillian, she realized Ed was not going to commit, and I think she was the last person on earth to realize that. Nice that they're still in contact, unless she is still hanging on hoping he will change. Hope she finds someone really great to be the life partner she deserves. I don't think dating for a year means there are real feelings ... maybe there WERE real feelings, but they seemed to be more on her part than his.
    jucamer likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The Bachelorette: Emily Maynard Blogs About Fantasy-Suite Anxiety : People.com

By Emily Maynard

I swear I was anxious thinking about fantasy-suite dates even before agreeing to be on The Bachelorette. On the one hand, it's great because you get that extra time to talk with the final three guys away from the cameras.

But on the flip side I know what "fantasy" is implying, and I'm not totally comfortable with that. I also feel like my relationships have been so honest and real that there was really nothing they could have told me overnight that would've changed my mind.

I started my week with Sean and, as excited as I was, I wasn't really sure how he was feeling. He's been open about his past, but not as much about his feelings for me. Because I'm feeling so much, that really scared me. The fact that he was with someone for three years, but still dodged the marriage conversation, made me worry. I always felt like there was a wall between us. However, at dinner Sean's letter to Ricki blew my mind. I had no idea he was feeling all of those things and in that moment I really did want those things with Sean, too. I left my date feeling like all my questions had been answered and that he very well could've been my husband one day.

After an amazing hometown date, I was really looking forward to seeing Jef, but I was also nervous about how his family felt about me. Knowing that I got their approval took a huge weight off my shoulders. Being on the paddleboard with Jef was the most peaceful I'd felt in a long time and I could've sat there forever, but I'm pretty sure he would've gotten tired! I went into dinner with some questions but he had some questions, too. I loved that Jef had thought about those things because it showed me that his heart was in the right place. He really wanted to meet Ricki, but I wasn't 100 percent sure about involving her yet, even though in order to really know me you have to know her. When I offered Jef the overnight card it just confirmed everything I already knew about him.

The fact that I got to go on a date with Arie and swim with dolphins made me so happy! But I'm scared of almost everything – and a terrible swimmer. He was so sweet and compared it to a big cat, which just proved how much he gets me. Looking back at the time I've spent with Arie, I can't remember any cameras. It always felt like it was just the two of us because we were so wrapped up in each other. As confident as I was about my feelings, I still didn't know what my life would be like in Scottsdale, Ariz., so I had a lot of questions for him. We communicate so well – it makes me feel like we've known each other for much longer. His thoughts on growing a relationship with Ricki made me confident that Arie gets kids. I know Ricki would love him. As much as I would've loved to spend more time with Arie, it was best to call it a night. Like I said before, I'm so confident in my relationships that I knew a couple of hours off camera wasn't going to change anything.

I say it every week, but this was definitely the hardest rose ceremony yet. I went back and forth so many times, but I reminded myself that I couldn't make a mistake as long as I prayed about it and followed my heart. I sat in the chair after my talk with Chris and cried for what seemed like an eternity. Everything about Sean made me want to be with him in the end. I wish I could pinpoint even one thing that would justify sending him home, but I still can't. The hardest part was knowing he felt so confident and didn't see it coming. He had no reason to, though, because I felt just as confident after our date. I still wonder if Sean and I had had more time, if things would've been different. But no matter what, he will always be someone that made a huge impression on me and I'll always count him as a friend.

Don't forget to watch me in the hot seat next week on the Men Tell All special. Yikes! Wish me luck!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If she's really still wondering about more time and Sean then that is pretty insulting to whoever she is with (if anyone).
    Alexxxx, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

I know what "fantasy" is implying, and I'm not totally comfortable with that.

That born again virgin act is wearing thin. Who does she think she's kidding?

Isn't this the same woman that got pregnant at 18? Also the same woman that went to the same fantasy suite with Brad?

Sheesh.
    annettejt and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I know what "fantasy" is implying, and I'm not totally comfortable with that.

That born again virgin act is wearing thin. Who does she think she's kidding?

Isn't this the same woman that got pregnant at 18? Also the same woman that went to the same fantasy suite with Brad?

Sheesh.
    Wow, I think that's incredibly harsh. Ricki is a cherished, and very lucky, little girl. She's the axis of her mother's world. I do not recall a single instance during Brad's season where Emily was shown doing anything inappropriate and not one girl in that house had a bad word to say about her. What I recall from her fantasy date with Brad was that his temper flared and they separated themselves into different rooms to cool down. Maybe that was their final date, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but even if I am, we have not seen Em do anything to the degree that we've commonly seen on other seasons - like hot tub straddling.

I enjoyed Em's blog.
    mesachick, navybelle, ilja and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Wow, I think that's incredibly harsh. Ricki is a cherished, and very lucky, little girl. She's the axis of her mother's world. I do not recall a single instance during Brad's season where Emily was shown doing anything inappropriate and not one girl in that house had a bad word to say about her. What I recall from her fantasy date with Brad was that his temper flared and they separated themselves into different rooms to cool down. Maybe that was their final date, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but even if I am, we have not seen Em do anything to the degree that we've commonly seen on other seasons - like hot tub straddling.

I enjoyed Em's blog.
    ???

Ricki is a blessing in Emily's life, nobody can deny that.

My problem with Emily is that she would like to be regarded as sweet and innocent when in reality she was just another unwed pregnant teenager.
    She did participate in the fantasy suite with Brad, so to pretend at this point that her standards are too high to do it this season is more than a little hypocritical.

I'm not comparing Emily to any other contestant, just her own standards that she seems to have set for herself. I think she's a lost soul trying to live up to an image she has set for herself, and it's an impossible task.

It's all good. I get the Emily love from some folks. I just don't have it myself.
    Fanny Mare and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

It's all good. I get the Emily love from some folks. I just don't have it myself
    I dont know where I am.I dont love her & I dont hate her.I just dont think she is very bright. I think she is bright enough to get more money from the show and a very swishy wardrobe.( or was that her agent) She is not bright enough for other things. Her conversations are really boring.
    I feel sad and mad at her, at the same time . Midol said it best in one of her posts. I dont think she has a clue who she is or what she really wants out of life. I think doing this show, will, or has confused her even more .
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I don't like the way she led all three of them on, making them each feel that surely he must be The One. Arie was the light at the end of the tunnel for her and she was "done" after their first date. Jef totally gets her and she agreed that two people could not be a better match for one another. Sean had all the qualities she was looking for ... and I can't remember at the moment all the compliments she laid on him, not to mention her relentless quest to get him to say he loved her, only to boot him at the RC. Either she's taking her pattern of phony sweetness and politeness to a new level of ridiculousness, or she's thoughtless about how she's playing their emotions. Either way, it makes for good TV for Fleiss, I guess.
    fireflyer and Longhornfan like this.

At times I think I do get Emily. I don't see the phoniness that others see (probably because her personality is not that uncommon around here) and admire her for not implying that she was bedding 3 men during the fantasy dates. That's not to say something could not have happened simply because they did not spend the night. I do think Emily is much more intelligent than people give her credit for probably because I am often judged to be unintelligent by certain folks on the phone when they hear my accent or way of speaking and also because of the intelligent decisions she has made during her time on this show especially in comparison to former bachelorettes.

I don't think she does that well on TV in her ability to speak naturally. She does often speak in a sort of stilted, I am being taped way. She's gotten better than she was at first but she's still no pro.

I don't think she does know all she is going to know about herself once she gets older which I consider normal. While I thought I knew a lot when I was her age, with hindsight I can see that I was just a babe. Yet I think she is wiser than a lot of girls her age possibly due to the fact that she had to grow up fast when she had her baby and when Ricky died.

There is a part of me that wishes she would not choose either Jef or Arie. While I understand why she did not choose Sean since they just did not have a strong connection, I do believe she could do better than these 2 (both of whom I think have some great qualities) to fit that role in her and Ricki's life. To me she needs someone more like Sean but with whom she could also fall in love.

Of course, that's just my opinion and Emily really should make her own decisions regardless of what I think. I'm so glad that she finally said yes to being on this show since this has been my favorite season evah!
    Living likes this.

Closed Thread