Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 169
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Emily's Blog

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Emily's Blog

    You may be right - I'm not even sure I give them that long! I know you are not the first to make the comparison to Jesse C. I personally don't see it. I don't think the relationship will work because I just don't think any true love connections are made on this show. I don't see Emily moving to Utah, at least not initially to be with him. I guess time will tell.

  2. #92
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,579

    Re: Emily's Blog

    I agree, that it's the show in itself, that makes it extremely difficult to form a relationship from this show. After all, we don't know these people on the show, personally. We are only shown what tptb wants to show the viewing audience. They don't get to know one another well enough just on a couple televised one on one dates and group dates. I think then they move on from the show once it's over, and try to see if it will work. I don't think it's till then that these couples really realize their differences.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 07-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,816

    Re: Emily's Blog

    I was thinking about Emily today while I was waiting hours for my laptop to be fixed and driving back and forth and back and forth to work but that's another story. Anyway, I got to thinking about all of these concerns about her only being interested in guys with money and it hit me that if Emily was really only interested in money, she would not be looking for Mr. Big on the Bachelor. While some of these guys may have money or come from money, none of them that I know of have really big time money.

    Emily is no slouch and has gotten some pretty good TV exposure for what they have shown and I have no doubt she could land someone with 'real' money compared to any of these guys on this show. Of course, someone like that would not take the time away from their work to be on this show because they would be too busy making money and it would not be advantageous for them to be away that long from their day to day money making activities to do such a show.

    Anyway, that was just a thought I had and I figured you were the only guys that would care to listen to it.
    Last edited by ilja; 07-06-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,251

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I was thinking about Emily today while I was waiting hours for my laptop to be fixed and driving back and forth and back and forth to work but that's another story. Anyway, I got to thinking about all of these concerns about her only being interested in guys with money and it hit me that if Emily was really only interested in money, she would not be looking for Mr. Big on the Bachelor. While some of these guys may have money or come from money, none of them that I know of have really big time money.

    Emily is no slouch and has gotten some pretty good TV exposure for what they have shown and I have no doubt she could land someone with 'real' money compared to any of these guys on this show. Of course, someone like that would not take the time away from their work to be on this show because they would be too busy making money and it would not be advantageous for them to be away that long from their day to day money making activities to do such a show.

    Anyway, that was just a thought I had and I figured you were the only guys that would care to listen to it.
    Isn't it crazy how much we end up thinking about this dumb show when we should be doing real life, constructive things? And isn't it nice that there is somewhere we can go to discuss it with people who are similarly addicted and understand where we are coming from?
    fireflyer, NEPASue, Coco46 and 2 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,816

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Isn't it crazy how much we end up thinking about this dumb show when we should be doing real life, constructive things? And isn't it nice that there is somewhere we can go to discuss it with people who are similarly addicted and understand where we are coming from?
    Amen to everything you said. If they ever cancel this show I don't know what I would do. I sure would miss y'all.

    I just wish I could get into the other shows like I do this one. I do go through withdrawals during the off season.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,251

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Amen to everything you said. If they ever cancel this show I don't know what I would do. I sure would miss y'all.

    I just wish I could get into the other shows like I do this one. I do go through withdrawals during the off season.
    I know. While I watch Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother, nothing quite compares to Bachelor/ette. Thank goodness we now get Bachelor Pad and here in Canada, our own version of the Bachelor I believe will start in September. Not sure how it will compare but I will be set year round this year!!!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  7. #97
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I was thinking about Emily today while I was waiting hours for my laptop to be fixed and driving back and forth and back and forth to work but that's another story. Anyway, I got to thinking about all of these concerns about her only being interested in guys with money and it hit me that if Emily was really only interested in money, she would not be looking for Mr. Big on the Bachelor. While some of these guys may have money or come from money, none of them that I know of have really big time money. Emily is no slouch and has gotten some pretty good TV exposure for what they have shown and I have no doubt she could land someone with 'real' money compared to any of these guys on this show. Of course, someone like that would not take the time away from their work to be on this show because they would be too busy making money and it would not be advantageous for them to be away that long from their day to day money making activities to do such a show. Anyway, that was just a thought I had and I figured you were the only guys that would care to listen to it.
    Maybe Emily has met all of the wealthy men in her circle, and there wasn't a love connection with any of them. I've read that Emily's dated other race car drivers. Are they all as wealthy as Rick Hendricks was? Maybe Emily did the show because she wants a career in the spotlight. Also, Emily used the word "perfect" too often in her blog to describe Jef and Sean. I think if she knew both of them well enough, they would soon fall off of their pedestals.

  8. #98
    There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,793

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Don't men usually fall off their pedestals once time has set in? I mean they could snore! Or play the ponies, or have to take Viagra?

    We are all living in the Bachelorette Bubble with Emily. It is all perfect (sort of) right now. I'll leave her future discoveries to her after the bubble has burst.
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Don't men usually fall off their pedestals once time has set in? I mean they could snore! Or play the ponies, or have to take Viagra? We are all living in the Bachelorette Bubble with Emily. It is all perfect (sort of) right now. I'll leave her future discoveries to her after the bubble has burst.
    They will get back to reality soon enough. All that they do while filming the show is date; get ready for dates; then go back to separate houses or hotels. Emily could find out that the guy she chooses spends all of his time watching sports on TV. The guys are not only trying to impress Emily, they are on their best behavior for the TV cameras. If there weren't TV cameras and microphones, what would the guys really be like? Some of the people on this show might be hiding what they're really like. I wonder how Emily and her guy will feel and act when they're not all dressed up, and when they know there isn't a microphone recording every word they say. Emily will find out that her guy is longer "perfect."
    ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: Emily's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Don't men usually fall off their pedestals once time has set in? I mean they could snore! Or play the ponies, or have to take Viagra?

    We are all living in the Bachelorette Bubble with Emily. It is all perfect (sort of) right now. I'll leave her future discoveries to her after the bubble has burst.
    Apparently Emily found out that Brad had a bad temper ... ditto for Vienna and Jake. Jillian found out that Ed was an immature douchebag. Jason and Molly really had nothing in common ... and so on. Seems many viewers get lulled into this false sense that what they're watching is real dating behavior, real conversations, real interactions, and real love. The truth is closer to the fact that most of all of it is scripted, prompted, directed, and manipulated. I never get caught in the Bachelor Bubble of True Love because I maintain a sense of awareness that it's all PHONY! Whoever she picks (which I think will be "1F Me2" from what I've seen of her googly-eyed reaction to him at this point), she will not get to know until after the ATFR, when they can see who each other really is under ordinary everyday circumstances, how each other handles conflict and difficulties, how willing the other person is to compromise, which is how you get to know somebody in real life. The fact that a few people managed to stay together and two got married after meeting on this show is in spite of it all, not because of it. They are so few ... odds are if you throw a handful of spaghetti at a wall, a few strands are bound to stick. I and at these supposed fairy tale endings. These people don't know each other at the point when the show ends.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.