Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog - Bachelorette Emily

Re: Chris Harrison Blog - Bachelorette Emily

I guess I see it differently than most. I believe Sean deserved so much attention in this blog because he is such a good man. Yet I also believe it was pretty obvious he would be the one going home because his and Emily's relationship had not developed as much as her's with the other two. Now if this had gone on for another 3 to 6 months, things might have been different but that's not how this show is done.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All' | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

Welcome to my tell-all about the Men Tell All. We are less than one week away from the incredible finale of Emily’s season. If you didn’t catch it the few times I mentioned it during the special, Emily’s finale is this Sunday, July 22! If you just missed that mention then it is my hope that you will see it when I mention it again at the end of this blog. The MTA is always an interesting show but for some reason this season I really wasn’t sure what I was going to get. It didn’t take long to realize it was going to be a good show.

The first thing that became very evident was the crowd’s response to Sean. They went nuts every time I mentioned his name. We started talking a little bit about Kalon and then I brought him down to the hot seat. Either Kalon is just too proud to admit that he was wrong and was incredibly rude and disrespectful, or he really just doesn’t have a clue. I might be leaning towards the latter, unfortunately. The more he talked the more he really didn’t seem to see anything wrong with how he acted towards Emily or the other guys. The best part about Kalon is the more he talked, the deeper he dug his own grave. He just can’t help himself. The guys were more than willing to remind him how he acted and didn’t let him off the hook. You’ll be seeing a lot more of Kalon starting next week as he moves into Bachelor Pad.

Ryan is a different story. He might be a “bad boy,” but he’s definitely not a bad guy. I find him fascinating and could’ve talked to him for hours. The things this guy says and the things he conjures up in his head just amaze and baffle me, but in an entertaining way. He is a smooth-talking, over-confident guy, but he’s in on the joke so it makes it funny and not so annoying. I will still stand by my statement, putting all at ease, in saying Ryan will not be the next Bachelor, but I’d love to see that guy in Bachelor Pad. (Next year, Ryan?) I do love how embarrassed Emily gets when she admits that she fell for this guy. It was wild to listen to her talk at the beginning of the season about how full of it he was, and how he’s never going to get to her, only to have her end up falling for his charms — for a little while anyway.

I was really surprised to see how emotional both Chris and Sean were. Both men admitted they fell head over heels in love with Emily and that they were both heartbroken. The one thing that really struck me, though, is neither one had any resentment for Emily. In fact, they both were grateful to her for the experience they had. I think this speaks volumes about the kind of woman Emily is and how she conducted herself during this show. These two proud guys that laid it all on the line for Emily could only thank her and say nice things about her. I was especially impressed with Sean. I was glad all of you got to hear how intelligent and thoughtful he is. He is very much in touch with his emotions and isn’t afraid to share that.

Emily then came out and faced the guys for the first time since sending them home. One thing that you didn’t get to see was when Emily first sat down, the two of us had some fun joking about all the tabloid reports about us being together. Hysterical. I wasn’t expecting Emily to come after Kalon again like she did, but obviously she doesn’t like this guy or his “bulls—.” Once again, Emily verbally handed Kalon his hat and showed him the door. Everybody in the audience loved it when she went West Virginia Hoodrat on his ass again. Kalon really needs to go find a lesser opponent, because right now on the scoreboard it’s Emily: 2, Kalon: 0.

You may have seen on Twitter that we are discussing a one-hour Best of Bachelor Bloopers special. This is true! This all came about backstage as we were discussing how much everybody loves the bloopers package we show during every MTA. Mike Fleiss, the creator of this franchise, asked me what I thought about putting together a special, and I said it’s a no-brainer. Judging by the response we got on Twitter this week, I’d say we have no choice but to make this happen. I’ll keep you posted, of course, on any and all details as they arise.

At the top of the show you got a glimpse at the new season of Bachelor Pad, which premieres next Monday, July 23. As you can see, it is unlike any season that’s come before. What you saw was just a taste of the wild ride ahead. Of all the stupid things Kalon said this season, he did sum it up best when he said, “Expect the unexpected!”

This Sunday, July 22 is the 3-hour event of the summer, the finale of The Bachelorette. As you saw, this is far from over, and a lot can and did happen in that final week. To say it’s emotional or dramatic is a gross understatement. It’s going to be an incredible two nights with the finale followed by the opening of the Pad. Have a great week and I’ll see you this Sunday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I would love the idea of a Bach/ette bloopers show if it's not a repeat of the bloopers we've already seen.

I must admit I did enjoy Ryan last night. He does seem to be in on the jokes about himself. I like the fact that he can laugh about himself and did catch what he said about his fat comment being in response to something Emily said.

As for the audience reaction to Sean, I believe that was genuine. Sean is a real sweetheart.
    navybelle, JavaJo and Midol like this.

Ryan is on friendly twitter terms with Sean and John at least so I imagine he isn't the total tool he came off as on the show.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Ryan owned what he said. If anyone came off looking like a tool, imho it was CH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ryan owned what he said. If anyone came off looking like a tool, imho it was CH
    I admit - people may take that the wrong way with Ryan; however, owning up to what you say and how you say it is better than coming off like Kalon has. That guy will be lucky if he ever gets a date again.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I admit - people may take that the wrong way with Ryan; however, owning up to what you say and how you say it is better than coming off like Kalon has. That guy will be lucky if he ever gets a date again.
    He's already on the bachelor pad, and as far as I can tell Lindzi likes him
    -Andy Rooney-

It sounds like CH is practically begging everyone to watch the Finale and the AFTR shows this Sunday. It seems like they are hyping this Sunday's show OUT THE WAZOO!!! And so far this season, nothing has lived up to the hype!!!

Sorry, but I am not that interested in an hour-long show of bloopers now. Once I am done with watching a season of TB, I move on to something else. But that is just me. I am assuming that they intend to go back to previous seasons and compile a show of bloopers, so that might appeal to some, but I wonder how many advertisers would be onboard with that?

I think that Fleiss is missing the message that a lot of people were trying to send, especially this year. People would rather have seen a lot more of the guys interacting on the show and less of the contrived drama that we got to see. A lot of people felt like the bromances were more entertaining than Emily's journey to find love.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    It sounds like CH is practically begging everyone to watch the Finale and the AFTR shows this Sunday. It seems like they are hyping this Sunday's show OUT THE WAZOO!!! And so far this season, nothing has lived up to the hype!!!

Sorry, but I am not that interested in an hour-long show of bloopers now. Once I am done with watching a season of TB, I move on to something else. But that is just me. I am assuming that they intend to go back to previous seasons and compile a show of bloopers, so that might appeal to some, but I wonder how many advertisers would be onboard with that?

I think that Fleiss is missing the message that a lot of people were trying to send, especially this year. People would rather have seen a lot more of the guys interacting on the show and less of the contrived drama that we got to see. A lot of people felt like the bromances were more entertaining than Emily's journey to find love.
    I agree with you, but MF listens only to MF

He put a lot of money into this show( way way more than any other) MF wanted to see the ratings way way up - they did no such thing. All this hype, tends to to do the opposite

The bromances were far more entertaining
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He's already on the bachelor pad, and as far as I can tell Lindzi likes him
    Yeah that preview shocked me. Poor Lindzi.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast