Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog - Bachelorette Emily

Re: Chris Harrison Blog - Bachelorette Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    MF has stated repeatedly that his dream is for a season to end with a wedding. That's why I raised my eyebrows about the live ATFR. He almost got his wish with Brad and Emily. The ATFR was taped on the day that was scheduled to be their wedding, before they came to their senses.

Good idea? Of course not.

Emily and her F1 stupid enough to do it? Yes, probably.
    Really? I never knew that. Sounds like something MF would love.( shudder)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    I canít remember a season where weíve had so many of our fans divided on who they think is best for Emily. Iíve seen a lot of support for all three and I think that just shows why Emily is struggling as well.
    Really? Chris must have a short memory. EVERY season the fans are divided on the F1.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue
    I think the ATFR with Jen Schafft was live..
    Haha! Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx
    He almost got his wish with Brad and Emily. The ATFR was taped on the day that was scheduled to be their wedding, before they came to their senses.
    Alexxx you are always the voice of reason, do you actually believe that Emily and Brad would have married that day?
    Back when the Melissa/Jason break up happened, the producers wanted the audience to believe that Melissa was blind sided and didn't know that Jason wanted to end things. But she did know. The Brad/Emily wedding was probably concocted too. If Emily decided to get married on national TV, she'd want millions of dollars, at least more than the million Trista got. [EDITED POSSIBLE INFO FROM FUTURE SHOW] I doubt she'd marry someone she just met a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-05-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Alexxx you are always the voice of reason, do you actually believe that Emily and Brad would have married that day?
    Back when the Melissa/Jason break up happened, the producers wanted the audience to believe that Melissa was blind sided and didn't know that Jason wanted to end things. But she did know. The Brad/Emily wedding was probably concocted too. If Emily decided to get married on national TV, she'd want millions of dollars, at least more than the million Trista got. [EDITED POSSIBLE INFO FROM FUTURE SHOW] I doubt she'd marry someone she just met a few weeks ago.
    LOL, no of course Brad and Emily wouldn't have gotten married that day. But in post-show interviews it was confirmed that they were working toward it for a time. The reason it didn't happen, according to Emily, is that she wanted her family and friends to attend her wedding and they couldn't do that if they married essentially in secret. Of course I believe it was because of what you wrote -- she didn't want to miss out on $$ and TV coverage.

Anyway, the point is that she did consider it (and I'm sure Brad was salivating at the thought of sealing the deal). And if she ends up with Jef (which I think she does) there's probably even more incentive to rush into things (not at the ATFR, but waaaaay too soon) since they agree the living together thing isn't a good idea. And they want more kids yesterday.

But the point of the speculation was the reason for the live ATFR. I really think that's all about MF wanting to keep the ending spoiler-free. The ATFR tapings were always where the ending was leaked and spoiled.

ETA: Ok, in the interest of full disclosure I'll admit sometimes I just throw something out there to get a conversation started. The sound of crickets chirping is deafening up in here sometimes.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 07-05-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post

<snip>

ETA: Ok, in the interest of full disclosure I'll admit sometimes I just throw something out there to get a conversation started. The sound of crickets chirping is deafening up in here sometimes.
    So that explains what I like about you even though we disagree on nearly everything.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Ditto on the crickets. I miss the good ol' days.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Ditto on the crickets. I miss the good ol' days.
    Ditto on your ditto
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    So that explains what I like about you even though we disagree on nearly everything.
    Heehee Well, it takes at least two points of view to make a convo, right? I suspect we all have a lot more in common than we have differences. I mean, we're all watching this ridiculous show, down to the most. minute. detail.

Maybe we can find a 12 step program somewhere ... and send the crickets there. I hear that's where CH goes to write his blog. Bachelor Detox
    ilja, jucamer, Fanny Mare and 1 others like this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 9 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

The last few weeks I’ve been racking my brain trying to remember if we’ve ever had a season with such a tight horse race coming down the stretch. In my opinion we’ve never had a Bachelor or Bachelorette feel so deeply for the final three. This goes a long way in saying what a great job Emily has done in narrowing it down to three great guys and just how solid Sean, Jef and Arie really are.

We headed off to the beautiful little island of Curacao for the final two weeks of the show. One of the great things about this show is that it takes us to places I never would have thought to go myself. Curacao is exactly that kind of place. It’s a beautiful island off the coast of Venezuela with great people and we all truly enjoyed our time there.

Sean got the first date this week. Before I talk about his emotional goodbye I have a couple notes on his date. First of all I was happy to see them not only take a helicopter ride but later they got in a hot tub. Many of you have mentioned the serious lack of both this season so I’m glad we got the numbers up a bit. Sean was the last to tell Emily he loved her and he finally did. Was it too little, too late? I don’t think so. Deep down Emily knew Sean loved her and that’s not what made her final decision. It’s just too bad that it was the week where Sean finally did say those magical words that Emily had to say goodbye. Sean is a class act inside and out. As Emily said, he just might be the perfect man. The great thing about Sean, though, is that he might be perfect but you can tell he’s not one of those guys that’s “too perfect.” In the end Emily’s relationships with Jef and Arie were just a little further along and just a little better and more intimate in her heart.

At this point for Emily there wasn’t anything wrong with any of them, and it was really an embarrassment of riches. The funny thing is, that’s not exactly what she was hoping for. When I talked to her in the deliberation room, she started off in a pretty good mood but was quickly overwhelmed with what she was going to have to do. She knew Sean was the one going home but had no idea how she could possibly say goodbye to a man that fit every criteria she was looking for. I thought it was very telling when Emily told Sean, “I wanted it to be you so bad.” By the way, am I the only person that immediately thought of Meg Ryan saying that to Tom Hanks at the end of You’ve Got Mail? (I realize I probably shouldn’t have just typed that out loud.) But I understand what Emily was saying. If Emily had a list of what she was looking for, Sean could check off every box. But love is a funny thing, and when it comes to really tough decisions this season, Emily has gone with her gut, and so far it’s been flawless. Sean’s goodbye was one of the most emotional and heartfelt I can remember in recent years. It was tough to see him so heartbroken. I think we could all tell just how much it took him to get to the point to say what he did and make himself so vulnerable. And to finally open up that way only to be crushed was very tough to watch.

The bottom line is, Emily felt a little more for both Arie and Jef at this point. At face value it might seem that these are two very different men she’s narrowed it down to, but they actually have a lot in common. They are both very good men that treat Emily with great respect and love. They both have had a special place in Emily’s heart for most of the show. As tough as this week was, and it was incredibly hard on Emily, it doesn’t compare to what’s to come in a couple weeks. I think it’s safe to say that she has love in her heart for both of these guys, and they are madly in love with her.

As you saw in the preview, this leads to probably the most emotional finale we’ve ever had. But first, next week will be the Men Tell All special where all the men you love and love to hate come back to talk about what’s been a great season. Then the following Sunday, July 22, will be the three-hour finale — including the live After the Final Rose special. Then come back on Monday July 23, for the premiere of Bachelor Pad, which I’ll be blogging for you as well. The finale of this season will be an event you don’t want to miss. I’ll see you next week as I grill the guys about their love of Emily to their unfortunate choice in tank tops.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

WTH...There is no mention of the other two dates or the constant harping of Emily to be setting a good example? Or how she apparently can't trust herself not to rip off her clothes around Arie? Where's the good stuff?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I don't know if I have seen so much damage control before with a blog pretty well only about one guy.
    Living and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast