Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog - Bachelorette Emily

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Chris Harrison Blog - Bachelorette Emily

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I'll have to find that spot on my DVR - I must have missed it the first time around.
    It was in the blog above.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It was in the blog above.
    Oh LOL - but didn't it just sound like something he would say?
    AZChristian likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Hahaha. The professional driver takes out another dude on scooters. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    I’m very interested to hear your thoughts about Doug. Is he the greatest guy to ever walk the planet, or is there more to this guy? I found it interesting that Emily drew parallels between Doug and the way Brad was with her. Saying and doing the right thing all the time isn’t always attractive. In fact, for Emily, it’s raised some red flags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    Ryan is quickly becoming my favorite quote this season. I like to call them Ryan-isms. There is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance and he has definitely crossed that line this week.
    Hey now! Chris is stealing my thoughts!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 5 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

Even though we arrived in jolly ol’ England, things were less jolly as than usual as Emily was feeling a bit under the weather. But being the trouper that she is, she gutted it out and soldiered on. Her voice, on the other hand, did not. So with a raspy voice and a bit of a cold, Emily began her dates in one of my favorite cities in the world: London. I always love the beginning of episodes in these different cities around the world; we welcome the contestants in some of the coolest places. This week we pretty much had Trafalgar Square to ourselves at about 7:00 in the morning, just as the sun was hitting Big Ben down the street. It was a very impressive scene.

Sean got the first one-on-one date with Emily and she was very much looking forward to it. Sean’s stock really started rising on the group date with Emily’s friends at the park in Charlotte but she was ready for some one-on-one time to see if he was for real. As you saw, it couldn’t have gone much better. They have so much in common, their chemistry is great and it already feels like they’ve been dating for months. Sean taking the stage at “Speaker’s Corner” was very cool. It was definitely one of those moments that you remember as you walk away from this experience. As if the day portion of the date wasn’t memorable enough, they then had a private dinner in the Tower of London, which is one of those places that I always find a reason to stop by when I’m in London.

While Sean and Emily were enjoying the rise of their relationship, Kalon was back home beginning his slide. And his performance on the William Shakespeare group date didn’t help stop that dive. The date was meant to be fun and prove to Emily that these guys can let their guard down and show a softer side that she’ll be looking for in a father figure for Ricki. Kalon took his role very seriously, but maybe a little too seriously for Emily’s taste. Emily gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was so rude to her at a prior cocktail party, but when he rudely ushered her away during his rehearsal, she was pretty much done with him. What Emily didn’t know is that Kalon had referred to her daughter Ricki as “baggage.” She found this out that night when Doug sat her down and gave her the news. I know Emily says she wished the guys had told her earlier, but I’d be interested to hear your thoughts. Did Doug do the right thing, and do you feel he really told her with pure and good intentions?

Once Emily learned the truth, it was all she could do to contain herself. As she said, “I want to go out and rip his limbs off and beat him with them.” My favorite line was right before she went out to face Kalon, she said, “I wanna go West Virginia hood-rat backwoods on his ass.” Now, I have no idea what that means, but it doesn’t sound pleasant. One of the things I admire about Emily is she has no problem handling her own business. She wanted to go out and face Kalon herself in front of everybody and that’s exactly what she did. There’s so much I loved about this confrontation. In short, Emily absolutely handed Kalon his own head on a platter. She began by throwing his arrogant condescending line about letting her finish right back in his face. But the icing on the cake was Emily going West Virginia hood-rat on his ass and telling him to get the “F” out.

The funny thing is later that night when Emily and I talked she felt a little bad about how mad she got and the language she used. I told her she had no idea how impressive that display was and how amazed the guys were by her tenacity. What the guys weren’t expecting though, is how upset Emily was at them for not stepping up and defending her.

Emily’s final date this week was with Jef. He has intrigued her from the start, but she really needed him to step up and show her more on this date. The two of them always have great conversation but the chemistry and passion between them has been lacking. Emily told me later she thought for sure that when they paused at the top of the London Eye that he would go in for the first kiss but once again, he didn’t. Finally at the very end of their date they shared their first kiss, and now the plot thickens as another man has stepped up among the favorites.

One last person we have to mention this week is Ryan. No doubt many of you will be talking about him this week. Emily seemed to have his number and have him all figured out, but damn if she isn’t falling prey to his charms. There’s definitely a side to her that likes the bad boy and it appears he might fit that bill. Ryan has been very generous about giving us bits of wisdom, and this week was no different. So, as we say farewell to Alejandro and London and head off to Croatia I leave you with my favorite Ryan-ism of the week: “When a girl tells you you’re trouble and she smiles when she says it, I think sometimes she wants to get in trouble.”
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just love when Chris writes about Ryan-isms

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 6 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

After the fireworks and “F” bombs in London, we headed off to the exotic city of Dubrovnik, Croatia. We have had the incredible opportunity to go to some amazing places over the years but the locations we visit over the next couple weeks really blew me away. Emily’s apartment was in the old town district of Dubrovnik. Being there is like stepping back in time.

You might have noticed Emily walking up some steps to get to her place. Well the truth is it was more than just “some” steps. Emily’s apartment was up a hill and the only way to get up there was climbing hundreds of steps, but once you got up that high, the view over the Adriatic sea was well worth it.

Emily was nice enough to help me out with my hosting duties and delivered the first date card to Travis. I’m sure some of you might be confused that after what seemed like a great date Emily suddenly sent Travis home. Travis is a great guy and he and Emily had a great relationship but there was no chemistry, passion, or romance between them. I have to give it to Emily for stepping up and doing the right thing and sending him home on the date.

The easy thing to do would have been just to give him the rose, continue the easy friendship, and send him home at a future rose ceremony. But instead, she’s continued to follow her heart and make the tough decisions.

One last note about Travis’ date: Many of us on the crew tried the balancing stone that sits on the side of a building in old town. A few of us were able to pull off the tradition and balance while taking off a jacket or shirt. Names will not be given to protect the not-so-innocent.

The group date started at an amazing theatre in Old Town.

[On a quick side-note, I took my kids to the world premiere of Brave last night and although I thought it was incredibly disrespectful to hold an event on Monday night while The Bachelorette was on, the movie is incredible and I highly recommend it, especially if you have kids. The highland games competition was fantastic.]

The group of guys on the date was great so there wasn’t any drama and everybody was able to have a good time. The only thing that made that date tough for the guys was how cold it got and those kilts weren’t as warm as they look.

The party that night was pretty interesting. Arie was feeling a little defensive as he hadn’t had a lot of time with Emily, and in London, Emily was a little upset at him for not speaking up about Kalon. They seemed to quickly get past this and Arie used the old “hey, look in the store window” trick to steal a kiss from Emily.

Jef continued to rise after his amazing date in London. How about the line he delivered telling Emily “you give me the type of feeling that people write about.” Come on, how do you not fall for that?

Ryan got the final one-on-one date, for good reason, and contrary to his belief, it’s not because he’s god’s gift to the world. Emily definitely had feelings for Ryan but she wanted another date to really put their relationship to the test. There’s so many things that are wrong with their relationship, but Emily does like the bad boy a bit and is attracted to him. Ryan has no idea how easily he could have gotten a rose and stayed had he not continuously shot himself in the foot. Repeatedly calling Emily a trophy wife didn’t help but the “list” of qualities he gave her really pushed her over the edge. Emily has no poker face and if you looked at her when he was reading that list you saw it was over right then and there.

I do have to give Ryan credit because even after Emily dumped him he continued to fight and almost convinced her she was wrong. Ryan’s exit speech was very interesting. As you saw, he had a specific message that he wanted everybody to hear. Well, we left it in, in its entirety. Now, you can be the judge on what kind of person he is. Arie might have delivered the best line this week when he said if Ryan is the next Bachelor then the Bachelorette is a mirror.

The cocktail party was at an old house that sat right across the street from the harbor. At the party, Emily and Doug had one of the most awkward moments of the season. It’s not good when a woman has to physically lift up your arm to put it around her. As far as Emily is concerned Doug is taking his nickname, “humble Doug,” a little too literally. She’s hoping and praying the guy will just lighten up a little bit and show a more everyday side. Emily’s body language during their conversation was very telling. If you look back at it you’ll see Emily leaning as far away from him as she possibly could. She’s never like that with the other guys she’s really into. The problem is she likes a lot of things about Doug and is hoping with a little time he can step it up a bit.

The rose ceremony put the icing on what was already a crazy week. For the first time ever, our Bachelorette sent both guys home from the one-on-one dates. Then in the middle of the rose ceremony Emily decided she really didn’t want to send anybody else home.

Again, I have to give it to the girl. She goes with her gut and so far it’s guided her very well. Doug and John were on the chopping block but as sure as she was about saying goodbye to Travis and Ryan she wasn’t convinced it was time to say goodbye to either of those guys. So Emily came out to see me as I was waiting just outside the door, ready to come in and deliver the line that would let the world know that after one rose is taken away from two roses, there’s only one rose left. Having gone through this with Emily, I know she wasn’t just doing this to delay the inevitable so the decision to let her keep everybody at the rose ceremony was an easy one.

We head off to another incredibly historic location next week in Prague.

The city was amazing in and of itself but what takes place in Prague and the drama it leads to at the rose ceremony will be what we’re all talking about next week. It’s no secret that these guys have fallen for Emily and she has started falling for more than one man. This can only lead to more intense drama in the weeks to come, as hearts will be broken. There have also been many tabloid stories about one of our producers having dated Arie and how that affected Emily. Next week we will deal with this issue and you will get the complete story, and more importantly, the truth!
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

lmao...does CH really think we will get the truth from them..pleaseeeeeeeeee
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Arie might have delivered the best line this week when he said if Ryan is the next Bachelor then the Bachelorette is a mirror.

Can someone please explain to me what he meant by this. I'm having a muddy mind this morning without enough coffee and don't know what my excuse is for last night when I first hear it.

I do get the feeling that it lays to rest our fear that Ryan might be a future Bachelor since Chris mentioned it.

FORT Fogey

Chris continues to pimp the movie Brave. Enough already, CH. Why didn't they just go to Scotland from London? It would have made more sense. All the emphasis on the Highland Games made little sense in Croatia.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Arie might have delivered the best line this week when he said if Ryan is the next Bachelor then the Bachelorette is a mirror.

Can someone please explain to me what he meant by this. I'm having a muddy mind this morning without enough coffee and don't know what my excuse is for last night when I first hear it.

I do get the feeling that it lays to rest our fear that Ryan might be a future Bachelor since Chris mentioned it.
    I think it infers that Ryan is so in love with himself, that's who he would choose if he were the Bachelor. Also (not "or") - all looks and no depth.
    NEPASue and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast