Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

That's definitely a fair point. I think you're right that the mama bear came out at the word 'baggage' and the sentiment behind it. I should clarify, I don't think Emily would necessarily think of another person's child that way, and I'm sure she would care for a stepchild as any loving mother would, but I don't think it would be her first choice.

Whoever used that word was just stupid, IMO. You have to know it is going to get back to her and it's not going to go over well!
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Most of the doofuses that go on this show have their fair share of "baggage," and I don't mean a child!
    mesachick and Midol like this.

Ain't that the truth...after all these years of the gossip magazines ripping people to shreds because of this show, it's a wonder they still find people to go on it.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ain't that the truth...after all these years of the gossip magazines ripping people to shreds because of this show, it's a wonder they still find people to go on it.
    Maybe thats why this lot are so bad.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It's funny in a way that she's going to get all "GTFO" over someone referring to Ricki as "baggage," but I really doubt she wants to hook up with someone who has a dependent child, either, although I can't prove that. Perhaps she is just reacting to the use of the poorly chosen word "baggage," more than the thought, because I believe she has the same thought about taking on someone else's child. And before the attacks start, no, I don't know that for sure, but I do have that feeling. Any man with a child deserves to have a GF who would feel "honored" to be his kid's stepmom, same as she feels about what she wants for her kid.
    I also don't think Emily wants a guy with a dependent child. From her point of view, guys who wouldn't be thrilled to be a stepdad to Ricki are unnaceptable... but, also from her point of view, it's okay for her to not want to be a stepmom. It's a double standard.
    NEPASue, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

I don't know about her not wanting to be with a man who already has a child. She was awfully sweet when it came to getting that letter from Doug's son, plus she made the time during her date with Doug to send his son a postcard. She hasn't said anything about this one way or the other, but if she really didn't want to be a step-mom, why is she keeping Doug around?
    Monte71, JavaJo and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't know about her not wanting to be with a man who already has a child. She was awfully sweet when it came to getting that letter from Doug's son, plus she made the time during her date with Doug to send his son a postcard. She hasn't said anything about this one way or the other, but if she really didn't want to be a step-mom, why is she keeping Doug around?
    On their date, Emily told Doug that she heard he started arguments with the guys. I don't think she thinks of someone who starts arguments as an ideal guy. Emily asked Doug what his faults were. Maybe a producer suggested that question to see if he would reveal any secrets, which the producers likely know about. Doug is probably a producer's choice... they want him for the drama. Also, Emily might not want to send Doug home too soon... to keep viewers from questioning whether she might not want to be a stepmom.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    The producers are supposed to do a psychological evaluation on these men, and I am sure that Doug's stint as a foster child came up and revealed some deep-seated emotional scars and feelings of abandonment. If I remember correctly, Doug did not even call the woman who gave birth to him Mom, but just referred to her as that woman. So, I would not be the least bit surprised that the producers knew all about Doug's past and brought him on anyway. And I DO believe that Emily was told that there was something dark in Doug's past. Perhaps one of Emily's stipulations was that she wanted Cassie to answer any questions honestly that she might have about the guys. Whether Emily knew the whole story or just what Cassie gave her, I do believe that she asked questions about Doug once she figured out that he might be behind a lot of the drama in the house that she happened to walk in on. Perhaps Emily was told that there was an incident in Doug's past that involved a past girlfriend, and she needed to see if Doug would reveal that to her. Anyway, I feel for Doug right now, because he should have known that being on TB will cause everything in his past to be exposed, and he is going to have to live with all of the bad things that are being said about him as a result. I just hope that Doug can find whatever help, be it professional help or whatever, to get to the root of his anger so that he can move on and have a happy life. It is vital that Doug be a happy man so that his son won't repeat the same mistakes as he grows into a man himself. And I think that despite Doug's past mistakes, he deserves happiness in his life too. So, I would just like to say one more thing. I so admire all you people who take these foster children into your homes and give them a chance. I have all the respect in the world for you kind souls, and I think that your deserve a special place in heaven. It is such a shame that the TB franchise chooses to "use and abuse" people just for the sake of entertainment with no regard to what happens to these people afterwards. Okay, I will get down off my soapbox now.
    I agree: I think Emily was coached to ask Doug about his past, but I think Doug will continue to avoid talking about what happened. Also, Chris told Doug that he, Doug, is hiding something. I wonder if Chris could sense that about Doug, or if a producer told Chris that Doug is hiding something. Everything in Doug's past won't really be exposed, since I read that only a very small percentage of those who watch TV are on the internet. I think that Doug will likely continue to choose not to reveal any negative incident from his past which was his fault, which would put him in a negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    On their date, Emily told Doug that she heard he started arguments with the guys. I don't think she thinks of someone who starts arguments as an ideal guy. Emily asked Doug what his faults were. Maybe a producer suggested that question to see if he would reveal any secrets, which the producers likely know about. Doug is probably a producer's choice... they want him for the drama. Also, Emily might not want to send Doug home too soon... to keep viewers from questioning whether she might not want to be a stepmom.
    I get the starting argument part. What I am talking about is the part where some folks think that Emily has no desire to be a stepmom, which I don't see supported by anything we've seen or heard by her. I don't think she would keep anyone around to appease the viewers either. All of the bachelors have viewers that like them (well except maybe Kalon lol). So no matter who she lets go she'd be upsetting a viewer somewhere. Plus, after seeing how she's been handling the show, it's pretty clear that Emily is doing things the way she wants to, the producers have nothing to do with who she decides to give the roses to from her 1 on 1, and group dates. I just don't see a shred of evidence leading me to believe she would not date someone just because they too have a child.
    JavaJo, ilja and Photobabe like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Maybe he's another producer pick?

I think Emily was coached to ask Doug about his past

I think she was as well. Nothing will change my mind on that part.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread