Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

My first impression was right on the money and I wasn't alone in sensing this guy was off in some way. Now we see he is an angry guy who stirs the pot. There is a lot going on under the surface here. Emily is not interested and senses the same thing.

He remains because she already knows her final 4 and the choice is up to production. Anyone here who is in the background and not contributing to the drama is toast until we get down to her favorites and the trouble makers. Doug is in the trouble maker catagory.

She has good intuition and as she said, she knows more of what to look for having had experience with Brad.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My first impression was right on the money and I wasn't alone in sensing this guy was off in some way. Now we see he is an angry guy who stirs the pot. There is a lot going on under the surface here. Emily is not interested and senses the same thing.

He remains because she already knows her final 4 and the choice is up to production. Anyone here who is in the background and not contributing to the drama is toast until we get down to her favorites and the trouble makers. Doug is in the trouble maker catagory.

She has good intuition and as she said, she knows more of what to look for having had experience with Brad.
    Geez as the weeks wear on, I can't even believe I liked this guy on day one. He's proven himself to be a complete jerk. And his whining and bitching when Arie was teasing him about his one on one date with Emily was over the top ridiculous.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    None of that excuses ABC for casting a guy who was booked for assaulting a woman.
    Booked means nothing except that an angry woman wanted to make him miserable. He wasn't charged with anything. People are freaks and they turn other people in to the police all the time. Of the accuser and the accusee, usually 1 or both are drunk. People call the police all the time for things that are truly just communication problems. They never learn how to communicate like an adult, and so they think the police can "fix it". It's really absurd. 80% of the stuff reported to a police dispatcher through 911 calls for domestic disputes later turns out to be false.

I have no idea what is true or false regarding Doug. But if that story came on a gossip website, I'm pretty confident it's only "spin", if not a complete lie. We shouldn't really participate in anything that becomes defamation unless we were there when the police showed up.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Booked means nothing except that an angry woman wanted to make him miserable. He wasn't charged with anything. People are freaks and they turn other people in to the police all the time. Of the accuser and the accusee, usually 1 or both are drunk. People call the police all the time for things that are truly just communication problems. They never learn how to communicate like an adult, and so they think the police can "fix it". It's really absurd. 80% of the stuff reported to a police dispatcher through 911 calls for domestic disputes later turns out to be false. I have no idea what is true or false regarding Doug. But if that story came on a gossip website, I'm pretty confident it's only "spin", if not a complete lie. We shouldn't really participate in anything that becomes defamation unless we were there when the police showed up.
    There are people who have ongoing problems with those who are abusing or harassing them, who have nowhere else to turn execpt to the police. I think those types of situations are far more cmmmon than those who file false reports. Who knows what the situation with Doug could have been. Maybe there was more than one incident... but "only" one incident could have been reported. The article that I read came from a magazine. Maybe it was just a gossip magazine, but reporters likely did a background check on Doug to get facts, to avoid lawsuits for printing false information... and didn't just make up a story.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 06-08-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

Everyone has a past. Some more complicated than others. I don't know the details of Doug's situation and I am not going to speculate on gossip I know nothing about. What I do know, from watching the show, is he seems like a good father, he was in the right (IMO) during his conversation with only-25-years-old Chris, and he had a nice date with Emily. I doubt they would allow him on the show if he were a danger to Emily or anyone else.
    BTW, Florimel and fireflyer like this.

FORT Fogey

He has full custody of his son so that says a lot. I still don't like the guy. He is humorless and touchy. Both those traits are a no go with me. I have not seen any authenticity with Emily either, nor has she.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

I don't really like him, but I don't really dislike him either. I agree about the touchy part.

I highly doubt he is the one Emily will choose, but I think he's at least been respectful towards her while they are talking, unlike both Ryan and Kalon, so I see him sticking around for awhile yet.
    BTW, JavaJo and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't know how long he'll stick around. She already suspects he's a trouble-maker in the house, whether that's true or not, plus I don't think she really wants a guy with a child.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't know how long he'll stick around. She already suspects he's a trouble-maker in the house, whether that's true or not, plus I don't think she really wants a guy with a child.
    I suspect the single-dad angle was producer driven. I don't really get the sense she wants to be a stepmom at this point either. Her dream seems to be marrying and then having another child of her own. She mentioned it again in Bermuda, coming back as a family either pregnant or with a baby.

FORT Fogey

It's funny in a way that she's going to get all "GTFO" over someone referring to Ricki as "baggage," but I really doubt she wants to hook up with someone who has a dependent child, either, although I can't prove that. Perhaps she is just reacting to the use of the poorly chosen word "baggage," more than the thought, because I believe she has the same thought about taking on someone else's child. And before the attacks start, no, I don't know that for sure, but I do have that feeling. Any man with a child deserves to have a GF who would feel "honored" to be his kid's stepmom, same as she feels about what she wants for her kid.
    fireflyer and NEPASue like this.

Closed Thread