Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Yes, that is what I understood as well, and I was not defending him if what was written is the truth. What bothers me so much about Doug is that he is obviously (to me anyway) carrying around some scars and some baggage from his childhood. It is as if his emotional growth was stunted, and he does not know how to handle himself in stressful situations, so he lashes out. That is exactly what I saw happening with him when Arie and some of the others were "messing with him" before his date with Emily. It is as if Doug does not know how to laugh and see the humor in things. But at the same time, I do think that Arie could see that he was getting under Doug's skin, and just kept messing with him anyway. It is obvious that Arie does not like Doug, and Doug probably doesn't make it easy for people to like him either. I don't know what it is about Doug that makes me feel so sad for him, but I do. I hope that he gets some help. I really do.
    I'm sure reporters must have done searches on Doug, and printed facts from his legal history. Reporters might even get names from their searches, and contact people from Doug's past. I'm not sure exactly how far reporters would go... but if information about a public figure such as Doug will sell magazines; reporters will look for, and print, information in magazines, and on covers of magazines. Emily said she knew that Ryan and Doug were starting arguments, so a producer must be giving her information about what goes on between the guys when she's not there. The guys must be messing with Doug because they know he's an easy target, and maybe they don't have anything else to do except talk to each other.

I learned at a very early age that reporters and facts are often world's apart. Don't know if that's the truth in this situation but just thought I would mention it just in case.
    Florimel, fireflyer and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Yes, that is what I understood as well, and I was not defending him if what was written is the truth. What bothers me so much about Doug is that he is obviously (to me anyway) carrying around some scars and some baggage from his childhood. It is as if his emotional growth was stunted, and he does not know how to handle himself in stressful situations, so he lashes out.

That is exactly what I saw happening with him when Arie and some of the others were "messing with him" before his date with Emily. It is as if Doug does not know how to laugh and see the humor in things. But at the same time, I do think that Arie could see that he was getting under Doug's skin, and just kept messing with him anyway. It is obvious that Arie does not like Doug, and Doug probably doesn't make it easy for people to like him either.

I don't know what it is about Doug that makes me feel so sad for him, but I do. I hope that he gets some help. I really do.
    The trully sad part is while the guys were just messing about with each other, as men do, the producers were no doubt aware of this and using this against him for the purposes of entertainment. I've got to wonder just how much was "suggested" to any of the other guys to razz him a little, just to get some drama for the show. This I do not find amusing in any way. If it's just guys going after one another, no problem, fun stuff, but when you know someone has these issues, and they use others for this stupid, entertainment show's agenda, not fun at all.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I don't think they needed any prodding to poke. Once something like that gets started and the giggles begin, it is too compelling to stop. Thank goodness the producers had Emily ready to walk in at a propitious moment, though, or someone could have been eliminated right there for punching someone else.
    cantstopwatchin, ilja and iwatchtv like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I don't think they needed any prodding to poke. Once something like that gets started and the giggles begin, it is too compelling to stop. Thank goodness the producers had Emily ready to walk in at a propitious moment, though, or someone could have been eliminated right there for punching someone else.
    I agree. Guys do that to each other lol. Doug got a bit agitated, but it was probably due more to the competitiveness in the house, rather than his anger issues. He should have rolled with it instead of getting upset, but he didn't blow up or anything.
    fireflyer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree. Guys do that to each other lol. Doug got a bit agitated, but it was probably due more to the competitiveness in the house, rather than his anger issues. He should have rolled with it instead of getting upset, but he didn't blow up or anything.
    I thought he handled it just fine. Per usual, it's being made into an unnecessary issue,,, for the drama.

FORT Fogey

I also think he handled that "talk" with Chris just fine. He didn't take the bait, and he could have. Chris was acting like an immature jerk.
    fireflyer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I also think he handled that "talk" with Chris just fine. He didn't take the bait, and he could have. Chris was acting like an immature jerk.
    The "argument" likely was fake... a producer's idea.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 06-07-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That or he is a master at knowing when and where it is safe to be a jerk. My middle child is 18 and his co-workers and teachers have always loved him and then when he is at home he isn't an overly nice person. I go to teacher meetings and ask if there are any signs of disrespect in class and it is always "no if we could only have 30 of him"- either my expectations are really high or he just lets loose at home.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    That or he is a master at knowing when and where it is safe to be a jerk. My middle child is 18 and his co-workers and teachers have always loved him and then when he is at home he isn't an overly nice person. I go to teacher meetings and ask if there are any signs of disrespect in class and it is always "no if we could only have 30 of him"- either my expectations are really high or he just lets loose at home.
    I think Chris and Doug are very much alike They dont seem to be able to take some friendly ribbing. It was a non drama between them, and it showed Chris to be childish in thinking it was some big big deal. Doug went off on someone,( nobody important) Kalon maybe, again a non drama. So they both have an attitude and Emily would never pick either of the guys imo

I just hope they are not feeding her , or Chris information, but who knows. Doug put himself on this show, as did they all.Let the chips fall where they may.
    BTW and NEPASue like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread