Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

FORT Regular

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

My suspicion lies with Cassie being the one to feed her just enough info....such as, ask him what his ex-girlfriend would have to say about him.

I also keep thinking that Arie is there because Cassie thought they would make a good couple. Kind of like, "Arie, I think you and Emily would be a great match. Why don't you do the show this time?" She just failed to tell Emily about her and Arie's connection.
    ko_vixen and Midol like this.

Who is Cassie?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Who is Cassie?
    Cassie Lambert is one of the producers of The Bachelorette and it is rumored that she and Arie had dated years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    Cassie Lambert is one of the producers of The Bachelorette and it is rumored that she and Arie had dated years ago.
    No rumor. Pictures are out in the internet.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Regular

I hadn't seen the pictures. Thank you Midol for verifying that for me.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Not that I am defending Doug's actions, that story originated in Star Magazine. Not exactly known for their journalistic integrity. It was 12 years ago and he also has full custody of his child. What judge would award full custody to someone who was like that? I'd also read that he completed a court ordered treatment--didn't say whether it was anger management or not. People do change and grow up, so I'm willing to give him a little leeway on this.

It is possible that Emily was fed some information or coached to ask him about it to see if he would fess up or not. She did give him a rose, but eventually may go back to that line of questioning again and that will be the reason he goes home? Who knows?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Not that I am defending Doug's actions, that story originated in Star Magazine. Not exactly known for their journalistic integrity. It was 12 years ago and he also has full custody of his child. What judge would award full custody to someone who was like that? I'd also read that he completed a court ordered treatment--didn't say whether it was anger management or not. People do change and grow up, so I'm willing to give him a little leeway on this.

It is possible that Emily was fed some information or coached to ask him about it to see if he would fess up or not. She did give him a rose, but eventually may go back to that line of questioning again and that will be the reason he goes home? Who knows?
    The producers are supposed to do a psychological evaluation on these men, and I am sure that Doug's stint as a foster child came up and revealed some deep-seated emotional scars and feelings of abandonment. If I remember correctly, Doug did not even call the woman who gave birth to him Mom, but just referred to her as that woman. So, I would not be the least bit surprised that the producers knew all about Doug's past and brought him on anyway.

And I DO believe that Emily was told that there was something dark in Doug's past. Perhaps one of Emily's stipulations was that she wanted Cassie to answer any questions honestly that she might have about the guys. Whether Emily knew the whole story or just what Cassie gave her, I do believe that she asked questions about Doug once she figured out that he might be behind a lot of the drama in the house that she happened to walk in on.

Perhaps Emily was told that there was an incident in Doug's past that involved a past girlfriend, and she needed to see if Doug would reveal that to her. Anyway, I feel for Doug right now, because he should have known that being on TB will cause everything in his past to be exposed, and he is going to have to live with all of the bad things that are being said about him as a result. I just hope that Doug can find whatever help, be it professional help or whatever, to get to the root of his anger so that he can move on and have a happy life. It is vital that Doug be a happy man so that his son won't repeat the same mistakes as he grows into a man himself. And I think that despite Doug's past mistakes, he deserves happiness in his life too.

So, I would just like to say one more thing. I so admire all you people who take these foster children into your homes and give them a chance. I have all the respect in the world for you kind souls, and I think that your deserve a special place in heaven. It is such a shame that the TB franchise chooses to "use and abuse" people just for the sake of entertainment with no regard to what happens to these people afterwards. Okay, I will get down off my soapbox now.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 06-06-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Moontat, mesachick, ilja and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    The producers are supposed to do a psychological evaluation on these men, and I am sure that Doug's stint as a foster child came up and revealed some deep-seated emotional scars and feelings of abandonment. If I remember correctly, Doug did not even call the woman who gave birth to him Mom, but just referred to her as that woman. So, I would not be the least bit surprised that the producers knew all about Doug's past and brought him on anyway. And I DO believe that Emily was told that there was something dark in Doug's past. Perhaps one of Emily's stipulations was that she wanted Cassie to answer any questions honestly that she might have about the guys. Whether Emily knew the whole story or just what Cassie gave her, I do believe that she asked questions about Doug once she figured out that he might be behind a lot of the drama in the house that she happened to walk in on. Perhaps Emily was told that there was an incident in Doug's past that involved a past girlfriend, and she needed to see if Doug would reveal that to her. Anyway, I feel for Doug right now, because he should have known that being on TB will cause everything in his past to be exposed, and he is going to have to live with all of the bad things that are being said about him as a result. I just hope that Doug can find whatever help, be it professional help or whatever, to get to the root of his anger so that he can move on and have a happy life. It is vital that Doug be a happy man so that his son won't repeat the same mistakes as he grows into a man himself. And I think that despite Doug's past mistakes, he deserves happiness in his life too. So, I would just like to say one more thing. I so admire all you people who take these foster children into your homes and give them a chance. I have all the respect in the world for you kind souls, and I think that your deserve a special place in heaven. It is such a shame that the TB franchise chooses to "use and abuse" people just for the sake of entertainment with no regard to what happens to these people afterwards. Okay, I will get down off my soapbox now.
    I think the incident in his past involved the mother of his son. He's trying to keep secrets from millions of people... but it's easy to go through public records.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think the incident in his past involved the mother of his son. He's trying to keep secrets from millions of people... but it's easy to go through public records.
    Yes, that is what I understood as well, and I was not defending him if what was written is the truth. What bothers me so much about Doug is that he is obviously (to me anyway) carrying around some scars and some baggage from his childhood. It is as if his emotional growth was stunted, and he does not know how to handle himself in stressful situations, so he lashes out.

That is exactly what I saw happening with him when Arie and some of the others were "messing with him" before his date with Emily. It is as if Doug does not know how to laugh and see the humor in things. But at the same time, I do think that Arie could see that he was getting under Doug's skin, and just kept messing with him anyway. It is obvious that Arie does not like Doug, and Doug probably doesn't make it easy for people to like him either.

I don't know what it is about Doug that makes me feel so sad for him, but I do. I hope that he gets some help. I really do.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Yes, that is what I understood as well, and I was not defending him if what was written is the truth. What bothers me so much about Doug is that he is obviously (to me anyway) carrying around some scars and some baggage from his childhood. It is as if his emotional growth was stunted, and he does not know how to handle himself in stressful situations, so he lashes out. That is exactly what I saw happening with him when Arie and some of the others were "messing with him" before his date with Emily. It is as if Doug does not know how to laugh and see the humor in things. But at the same time, I do think that Arie could see that he was getting under Doug's skin, and just kept messing with him anyway. It is obvious that Arie does not like Doug, and Doug probably doesn't make it easy for people to like him either.

I don't know what it is about Doug that makes me feel so sad for him, but I do. I hope that he gets some help. I really do.
    It is probably why he feels he needs to be perfect in Emily's eyes. I know of a 7 year-old boy who has anger issues and problems with females (young and old) because his mother abandoned him and his father is a domineering, woman-controlling man. He is taking his father's attitude about women and combining that with the neglect from his mom. He is currently in anger management counseling and in foster care.

Closed Thread