Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Doug - Bachelorette 8

Re: Doug - Bachelorette 8

He looked better on the show than the bio pic, I think. I was too suspicious of the letter deal to really pay attention to him. That would be a rare 12-year old boy IMO if he would even do the letter, let alone rave about his dad tucking him in every night. Not impossible, but very rare.
    CrazyDutchWoman and mesachick like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

This bio picture reminds me a little of Juan from Jillian's season.

Was the letter a little manipulative? Yeah. Doug wanted to create a bond right off the bat with Emily, to stand out and that is usually encouraged by producers. They probably wrote it too.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Am officially not crazy about Doug. He seems so high and mighty b/c he has a son but I totally got what Kalon was saying - he did put his dad duties on hold while he was in Charlotte. Doesn't mean he doesn't love his son or miss him but someone else was taking care of the son while he was gone...

I don't think I've disliked a first impression rose recipient this much since Lisa from PLo's season...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Am officially not crazy about Doug. He seems so high and mighty b/c he has a son but I totally got what Kalon was saying - he did put his dad duties on hold while he was in Charlotte. Doesn't mean he doesn't love his son or miss him but someone else was taking care of the son while he was gone...

I don't think I've disliked a first impression rose recipient this much since Lisa from PLo's season...
    I hear ya. I am not that impressed with the guy either.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Was impressed with him last week, but he turned me off big time this week baiting Kalon the way he did. He is totally high and mighty and seems to have this idea that he and the other guy (Tony) who have kids, are better suited for Emily just because.

Big turn off.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I think he and Tony are in for a rude awakening. Emily doesn't want a stepchild to take her boyfriend's/husband's focus off Ricki. I doubt she'll pick someone who already has a child and therefore a priority.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Was impressed with him last week, but he turned me off big time this week baiting Kalon the way he did. He is totally high and mighty and seems to have this idea that he and the other guy (Tony) who have kids, are better suited for Emily just because.

Big turn off.

I thought he came across as a bully. As for Kalon , if he is supposed to be the mean guy, it didn't work imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought he came across as a bully. As for Kalon , if he is supposed to be the mean guy, it didn't work imho
    Exactly. Doug came across as the one trying to get the rest of the guys to gang up on the "loner", Kalon and why? All because he arrived to the mansion in a helicopter?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Exactly. Doug came across as the one trying to get the rest of the guys to gang up on the "loner", Kalon and why? All because he arrived to the mansion in a helicopter?
    I missed his arrival.I will have to look at that online.I heard the line about his luggage. Any one with Louis Vuitton luggage is a bleep.

( meow boys meow! )
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree. Doug seems to be experience a little copter envy...

All Kalon did was speak the truth. Doug just didn't like it when it the picture was painted for him.
    KCCasey likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread